5,597 results
All reviews sun bar el toro palace resorts zen restaurant rock spa resort credit sunset cruise pool party rock star city tour punta cana romantic dinner on the beach entertainment staff spa treatments zip lining fire show sushi
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I went to this lovely resort December 13th until December 18th. My friend has a membership there, but it was my first visit. IT WAS AMAZING!! From check in to check out the staff and the property was always welcoming and exciting!

Our room had two beds and a jacuzzi in it and looked over the pool. Our friend had the connecting room, which had a king size bed in it and a jacuzzi. The view of the pool and the beach were perfect. If we went to bed early you could here the music from the bar in the main lobby, but that didn't happen often - we usually stayed up and listened and danced to the music. Every night before bed they came in and turned the beds down and left us little treats. we had chocolate covered strawberries one night and guitar cookies another night. It is the little things that make such a difference!

The hotel was hosting the Vallarta Rock Fest 2014 and we had admission included in our stay. We would go listen to the awesome bands and then walk over to the bar and get a drink or a bite to eat and then go back and listen to more awesome music. We heard Foghat, Cheap Trick, Mickey Free, Mickey from the Monkies, Steve Alteri from Journey and the list goes on. I am hoping they do this again next year. It was fun watching the bands intermingle and hang out together. It was just plain awesome!!

The beach area we stayed at was in the VIP section and they brought us drinks, pizza, chips and dip, and cerviche. Pretty much anything we needed. The servers were amazing and didn't expect a tip. When we gave them one they were very thankful, but never ever expected one. Just plain good service with a smile expecting nothing in return. I really appreciated that!

We used the spa twice. Ramon helped us schedule our massages. He was very helpful and when we saw him again he asked us how the massages were. Very friendly and helpful. The experience again was amazing. Our friend had an allergic reaction to the green water and had to have a doctor come and give her a shot. That all went well but it was a little scary. Everybody at the hotel was very helpful!

The restaurants were all good, but Zen was my favorite. I am gluten free and they were extra careful and very attentive each time I went to eat there. Our favorite experience is when they made mexican flaming coffee at our table for our dessert. All of the staff there were awesome.
The other restaurants were good, but Zen was the best. For breakfast we ate at the restaurant by the ocean and our waiter was always waiting for us to show up. He remembered my coffee with baileys and my friends hot water for her tea. Very great way to start the morning!

The pool swim up bar was always ready to make us a drink. I loved the Don Julio margarita's. They would see me and have one ready for me. The bartenders again were very nice and helped without expecting anything. The pools were very relaxing!

The manager of the hotel was always there if we needed any help. His name was Luis. Even though he was running the hotel, he always had time to say hello and talk about the day. Anything we needed help with and he was on it. His staff were the same way. I wish I could remember all the wonderful staff's names. I know I will forget a few-but thanks to Brenda, Monica, Esmeralda, and there are so many more....the staff is A+++++

I am absolutely coming back here with my family! Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2015

Hello smcfamily,

Thank you so much for a very comprehensive review I appreciated the detail invested within. Our world class staff goes above and beyond to provide each and every guest with the Hard Rock brand standard "Love All, Serve All" hospitality and I am glad to know this was the case during your time with us.

Thank you for your fantastic feedback regarding all facets of your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Hope to see you back very soon at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

Luis Entrala Fábregas
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

First of all let me preface my review by saying that what makes our vacation so special was the service from the people who work here. I have to mention them first because they went above and beyond their job to please my husband, myself and my daughter.

I was initially reluctant to stay here because I thought there would be nothing but drunk young people everywhere. It could not have been farther from the truth. Our 8 yr old daughter had the most amazing time thanks to the activities at the kids club and the amount of kids staying at the hotel that she was able to become friends with. So I have to thank Mercedes and Diana at the Kids Club. I wish I could have brought them back to the states with me!. My daughter was so sad to leave the hotel and the kids club behind that she was crying on the way to the airport.

I will divide the review in sections so I can touch on each area and make it easier for people to read.

The hotel overall

We have stayed at very good hotels in Mexico and this has been hands down the best one!. Not necessarily the more luxurious but overall the best for our needs.

The great thing about this place is that it is not so big as to become overwhelming. Everything is close by and you don't need a cart or anything to get around. When you are traveling with a kid this is very important and we felt the place was compact but it had everything we needed. The gardens are very well maintained and the installations are well taken care of. The New Year's eve party took place in the garden in the back and it was so much FUN!. They had everything: DJ, rock band, jumping houses for the kids, fireworks!, great food...we are definitely coming back next year for this party.

The rooms

We stayed at the deluxe standard and it was well appointment, not luxurious but nice and clean and we had a nice size Jacuzzi. The balcony is small but we did not spend that much time in the room so we don't care. We love the products they put in the bathroom. The body lotion is great!

I also have to mentioned that the WI FI was surprisingly very fast and never went down!. It was surprising to us because every time we go to Mexico we have problems with Wi Fi. Not this time and it is included in the price which is the best.

The Pools

The pools are really good and not crowded at all even through there was a lot of people. They are big enough and there's a section with a slide for kids which is where my daughter spend most of her time making friends and sliding down. This was a lot of fun for her. The swim up bar was great for us the adults and the bartenders were awesome (forgot their names).

I do have to give a shot out to ROSY at the pool. She was the best server we had and was always checking in on us to make sure we were taken care of.

I also have to say a big thank you for Edgar Alvarado who took such good care of us and was always checking to make sure we had everything we need.
The Restaurants

There was plenty to choose from and the food was very good for an all inclusive and they amount of people they have to serve.

Ipanema is the steak house and was my husband's favorite. The empanadas they give you to start are to die for!. We kept asking for more. The side dishes for the meat were very tasty and well prepared. The service was outstanding. We did not have one bad server. They were ALL good.

The Market

This is the buffet restaurant and we went there every day for breakfast and a couple of times for lunch. I have to say that as much as we have traveled this is one of the best buffet restaurants we have tried during our trips. I specially loved the quesadillas made by the lady (I forgot her name :-() at the omelette station. She was so patient with everyone and made the best quesadillas!. And i have to mention the capuccinos made by PINGUINO who took such good care of us and every day as soon as he saw me he would make one for me without me asking. Him and BENJI are the best thing about this place. Seriously they spoiled us so much.

Frida

We only had some appetizers here and really liked them. My daughter loved, loved the hot dogs right outside of this restaurant and my husband loved the hamburgers

ZEN

This is the one where we ate the most and our favorite!. We had an excellent experience. The food was great specially the vegetarian spring rolls they serve at the beginning. YUM!. We were served by Cerezo and he was a great waiter.

We all liked this place so much that my daughter was being babysat one night and she asked the babysitter to take her here because she liked it so much.

CIAO

We had dinner here only once and I really enjoyed it because the view is great as it is on the beach pretty much and I had the best manicotti I have had in a long time.

Pizzeria

We ate here a couple of times and it was ok not great but it does the job

The Spa

The massages were amazing. We had the best therapists and we came out so relaxed from our massages. The spa does need to be renovated but we found out that they are actually building a new one so we are looking forward to coming back and seeing it.

The beach

We loved the beach at this hotel because you can get in without being afraid to be carried away by a wave as in some other areas. It is also nice that you don't get harassed by a bunch of people selling junk on the beach..

The nightly shows

We really, reallly enjoyed the shows and they were good quality and not cheesy. The Michael Jackson one was particularly good. The guy who plays MJ should go to broadway...he's that good!. We also enjoyed the fire show and the Mexican dancing show. My daughter was looking forward to the shows every night and she was happy to be able to catch the MJ show twice!

The Kids Club

This is one area I was afraid the hotel was going to fall short. I had looked online for the hotels with the best kids clubs and the Hard Rock was not on the list. Well this place should be!. Not only is it included in the price which many all inclusive do not but Mercedes and Diana have the best activities and the kids have so much fun!.

My daughter was reluctant to go the first time but once she went she would ask me to take her every day!. The take the kids to the beach every day to build sand castles, then take them to the kids pool and have all kinds of safe fun!.

The only thing I would say is that the kids club itself is very small BUT then we were shown the new kids club they are building and wow!...it is going to be nice!. We are looking forward to coming back in December.

Room Service

We were actually very surprised at how fast the would deliver the food!...we would call and they would tell us 30 minutes and they would be knocking at the door in 15!. We loved the room service.

Concierge services

I had the chance to deal with Monica a couple of times and she was excellent and her service outstanding. I had an issue that came up when my daughter was being babysat and she listened to me carefully and was very sensitive to my needs.

Overall we loved this place and are planning on coming back this year with the rest of our family.

One last note I should add is that we coincidentally met Luis, the general manager of the hotel and Juan carlos (I think that's his name) the food service manager and that's when we understood why this place is so well run and why people are so nice. They were charming and welcoming and we were very impressed with the way they run their operations at the hotel. A big thanks to them.

Room tip: Most rooms have an ocean view but I would pick something on the 3rd floor or above.
12  Thank 953julietaa
Luis E, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

Dear julieta A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review about your experience at our resort.
I love to hear and read about our amazing guests enjoying themselves and making memories here with us. It was a pleasure to meet you, your husband and your lovely daughter at lunch at the Market.

I want to thank you also for emphasizing the great service of our Staff and mostly for remembering the names of so many of them, and its worth to mention that you got the name of our F&B manager (Juan Carlos) right! They will appreciate it, specially the lady at the omelette station her name is Erica by the way and they all will be very happy to hear that you thought their service rocked and rest assured that I will personally acknowledge their efforts and recognize them accordingly for making the difference during your stay.
Thanks again for sharing your experience and we hope many readers and future rockers find your comments helpful to choose our resort as their stage for their next vacations and like you did, become real rock stars!
We absolutely cannot wait till your next stay with all your family and I know it will be just as memorable as this one. ROCK ON!

Luis Entrala Fàbregas
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Reviewed 7 January 2015

Spent a week in total luxury. Great food although the menus didn't change enough. Spa was terrific. VIP concierge was less than helpful but the remainder of the staff made up for him. Lovely beach with private cabanas. Spotless and airy. Would be 5 star except for the concierge

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Chris W
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

Hello Chris W,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback and for sharing your awesome insights with the TripAdvisor community, I am very happy to learn that your experience was consider luxurious and that our Rockin' crew provided the warm and atention to detail service that you and all our visitors deserve.

Hope to see you back very soon.

Rock On!

Reviewed 6 January 2015

This is a beautiful but smaller resort. Great for our 89 year old mother who can't walk a lot. I've been to many "all inclusives" but this was 9/10!!! The accommodations are nice not luxurious but always spotless and FRANCISCO helped make our vacation WONDERFUL with a lot of extras he did like animal towel decorations, extra towels and soaps when we needed them!!!! Everyone would be lucky to have a "FRANCISCO" in their lives!!! Always smiling and accommodating . Food was outstanding. All the head waiters helped my mom and the waitress couldn't have been nicer. Lots of variety and delicious dishes. The chief at the pool was very nice in making hamburgers and fries by the pool . The only negatives are you can't change any spa appointments within 24 hours but maybe that is typical of all spas? Wonderful massages and detoxifying treatments. Spa is not fancy like other resorts I have been to but clean and nice. All in all great experience. One last negative is that they will NOT guarantee the type of bed you want we wanted two double beds and they gave us a king size bed and a rollaway cot. Not great for my mom and I. They should pull out all the jacuzzis and make bigger and more modern rooms. All in all wonderful experience!

Room tip: Try for a room above 2nd floor can't always get the beds you ask for.
4  Thank jasnat812
Luis E, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2015

Hello jasnat812,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback and for sharing your awesome insights with the TripAdvisor community describing your latest experience at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.

We are honored to be chosen as your travel destinationl; our world class staff goes above and beyond to provide each and every guest with the Hard Rock brand standard "Love All, Serve All" hospitality and I am glad to know this was the case during your time with us.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2015

Just spent Dec 21-28 at this great resort! Myself and two teenage daughters spend a wonderful week of sun and sand. The staff is fantastic and the service is prompt and friendly. Tons of room at the beach - Morgan the beach server is superb, thanks Morgan. The place is spotless and any time I had any questions, my call was answered within minutes. The front desk, photographer and the food and servers, spa staff get a 10! The resort credits were a bonus is you choose to use them and if you have a chance to the dolphin swim. Check out the sea turtle release just down the beach if you can, it happens at night. I wish I could remember the names of all the great staff, thank you all.
Thanks Hard Rock had a great vacation away from the snow.

Room tip: We had the ocean view, some noise from Sun Bar but mostly people having fun so not really a problem. Not sure that you would not hear unless you are in a room that faces the garden and I really liked looking out on the ocean and pool.
8  Thank gus003_10

Hello gus003_10,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your latest visit at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, we are proud to learn that we have been chosen as your travel destination during your vacations and that our Rockin' crew provided a superb service for you and your daughters.

I hope to have the honor to host you again.