All reviews business trip tamales hot tub main restaurant nice hotel bottom floor breakfast buffet rooms are big quesadilla ping pong ideal location pool side the wait staff omelet located close bar and restaurant take care
Reviewed 2 August 2018

I would like to thank everyone at the Hotel Araiza for all their hospitality they provided to my wife and me for the week we were there. my wife had a medical procedure and from the moment she arrived (she was there before me) they treated her good and took care of her. they have a buffet and I guess there is no "to go" trays to take back to your room, so Angel, who is in charge of the restaurant, made sure that she had "to go" trays everyday since my wife was not able to walk to breakfast because of her surgery. Angel was very helpful and took care of us everyday. when my wife felt better and was able to go to breakfast, Angel made sure that she was comfortable and he even waited on her several times. Angel is one of the best managers we have ever came across. I did not get the night restaurant managers name but he also took care of us the one time we went down to dinner.
the hotel is awesome. the room (we had a standard suite) was nice and up to date. they accommodated my wife with a bottom floor. they then moved her to a bottom floor room next to the pool. so great of them to do that. our housekeeper Jacqueline was great. she would come by early to clean and always asked if we needed anything she would take care of it. she was very funny too. she was very attentive.
Overall the hotel was amazing from the bar, the restaurant, the pool area and all the staff we came across. this is a great hotel in Mexicali. will definitely stay again. Thanks again to everyone at the Hotel Araiza. we will never forget your hospitality.

Room Tip: get a suite
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2018

The Araiza hotel was recommended to me as the preferred place to stay for employees of my company visiting our facility in Mexicali. The hotel offers two restaurants – one Mexican and one Asian – so that you never really have to leave the hotel property. After I became a little familiar with the area, I wouldn’t really hesitate leaving the hotel for a place to eat, but I found it wasn’t really necessary during my visit.

The rooms are basic, but clean. The bed was fine, there was room to work, the bathroom had the basics. Wifi was configured with an annoying setup routine that makes you re-login every time woke up your phone. I can’t say I disliked the room, but I wasn’t in love with it either. My room window faced the interior courtyard, overlooking the pool. Most nights, there were barely any people out there, but one night was fairly noisy until sundown. Someone was blasting a bunch of old 70s and 80s rock songs on a small radio … Scorpions, Guns ‘n’ Roses, Deep Purple (Child in Time … if you don’t remember that one, search for it and try to imagine that song blaring from a group of old guys sitting around a pool … a bizarre scene.). Rooms facing other directions, I’m sure, are quieter.

Some people I worked with raved about the buffet at the restaurant. I don’t know … it was ok. Many selections seemed to be sitting on the heaters for long periods of time. There’s a chef that will cook your meat for you, but they don’t seem very organized about the whole thing. I brought my selections to him and asked for my steak done medium. He seemed to acknowledge that with some confidence … until I went to retrieve my cooked steak a few minutes later and observed the rather substantial pile of orders he had cooked, all on top of each other. There was no way either of us knew which steak was mine. Breakfast was more of the same – uninspired mass produced dishes sitting on food warmers for what could’ve been hours. One night I ate at the Asian restaurant. It was decent but not something I would go back to. If you need to mix it up and try something a little different, then it’s worth going to. But, don’t feel like you missed much if you don’t get to it.

I have mixed feelings about the front desk. At check-in and check-out they were fairly quick and efficient. I wasn’t impressed with their customer service ethic. I picked up a stomach bug one night (for the record, I don’t think I got it from the hotel) and the next morning I was feeling very dehydrated. I asked the front desk for some extra bottles of water. I was told I could have exactly two (12-oz.) bottles and that, if I wanted more, I could walk to the pharmacy down the street. I offered to pay for them, but no, that apparently couldn’t be done. Maybe that’s the policy, but can say that a first-class hotel would recognize that a few extra bottles of water is well within its means to assist a guest that is feeling ill. I don’t know if there is a first class hotel in Mexicali, but if there is, it certainly is not the Araiza. Oh … and when I did ask where the pharmacy was, the front desk clerk pointed me in the wrong direction. Relying on Google maps, I found the closest pharmacies, but wound up wandering around on the street for a half hour, with a low-grade fever, in 100-degree heat. Thank you for that, Araiza front desk.

The rest of my experience at the Araiza was pretty average. I would describe more of it, but now that I’m remembering my experience, it's probably not worth the effort. Stay here if you must, or try to find something better.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights at a executive room. It’s very good, big, 2 queens, very, very confortable but tv, air conditioner, bathroom medium with good shower.
The breakfast is amazing! Buffet with everything, eggs made in front of you, quesadilla too, pancakes, tamales, yogurt granola, sweets, juices, it has all fresh and delicious.
The hotel has 2 restaurants very good, we are the typical Mexican food and I love it.
I definitely recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Ok, first of all, the elevator was not working in the A Tower. How long does it take to fix an elevator? Had a first floor room near the pool. Noisy during the day. The pool is small and was packed with screaming kids, and families that scope out entire sections for the day. The rooms are nice, as is the staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

It’s years I go to this hotel once or twice per year. Now they oblige you to pay your full stay when checking in.
Last week it happens there was no water available for breakfast and I asked a bottle. I signed “la cuenta” and accepted to pay for it and since I DID NOT PAY IN THAT MOMENT they disable my key for the room. I did not like that at all because it is not right you ask me to pay 500$ at check in and lock me out for 0,6 pesos.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business