All reviews business trip tamales hot tub main restaurant nice hotel bottom floor breakfast buffet rooms are big quesadilla ping pong ideal location pool side the wait staff omelet located close bar and restaurant take care
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Breakfast is very important to me and I have to admit I had a perfect one at this hotel. You can basically eat anything. You also have lots of Mexican specialties and have your customized omelette and even customized milk shake or juice.
Rooms are big and confortable.
Just excellent

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Upon visiting Mexicali for a business trip, I decided to stay at the Araiza which I considered to be the top-of-the-line hotel based on exhaustive research. While Araiza offers quality services offered at luxury hotels in addition to its centralized, convenient position in the heart of Mexicali, all other aspects felt mundane considering its price and four-star status.

The hotel is very modern and equipped with two above average restaurants, one which is your run-of-the-mill hotel restaurant and a Japanese sushi restaurant rated highly here on TripAdvisor. Both are solid choices in my opinion, although I often prefer local choices to hotel restaurants (more below). Additional amenities include gym, swimming pool, hot tub, conference rooms, a tennis court, and a nice meadow, which are somewhat expected from a four-star establishment. The hotel also provides fast WiFi throughout the hotel, which they must have upgraded recently considering several reviews stating the contrary. My hotel room was clean and satisfactory for the most part; my only issue was that the heater was not working but nothing major.

Araiza's central location is definitely its biggest positive as prominent night clubs and restaurants are situated just minutes away. While I did not obtain the full Mexicali night experience considering the time of the year and my reluctance to brave the cold, much was happening within the hotel's proximity.

Now, onto my biggest complaint: I was incredibly disappointed with the hotel staff's lack of communication during my entire stay. Upon my initial entrance into the hotel, there appeared to be some remodeling to the front desk and the staff was located in another building but there were no directions or maps accompanying the message. As a foreign guest, I want every little detail laid out to me to ensure I do not waste my time being confused or unaware. Furthermore, there was a mix-up between the staff and myself in regards to dry-cleaning my jacket (absolutely necessary in this weather); the staff failed to inform me of the situation at all times. It was incredibly frustrating waiting for updates on the search; the front desk managed to call me at noon of the check-out date to tell me that they have retrieved my jacket. It's always these small details that can make-or-break a pleasant stay; it certain left a bad taste in my mouth.

While my experience may be isolated, communication can definitely be improved between staff and guests. Overall, my experience was decent but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I was there with my daughter and three grandchildren and our room felt like an old apartment-room, the furniture is old now and dirty, the base boards are chipped, wall paper is chipped, the carpet looks old and the classic smell of an old hotel, the size of the room feels small and stuffy. The furniture at the lobby is old and dirty with some extra lamps that has nothing to do with the decor and look old and cheap there. The Fonda de Mexicali continues to be the best food in town though, but again the furniture in the area is getting old as well as in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I was here only for one night, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is also in a convient location (I was here for business). The room was comfortable and clean. Buffet breakfast has a good selection so Hotel Araiza had everything I needed. Thanks

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Room phones, they have set so always busy if you call desk. Can not call out. Internet so slow you can not make reservations for flights, do banking, etc. If you like staring at a screen till booted off this is the place for you!
The rib eye dinner was wonderful, room too noisy with refrigerator that makes loud noises and street noise.
Never again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo