All reviews boat crew apo island muck diving frog fish the owner fantastic stay day trip these guys other resorts large room mini fridge felt very safe quinoa salad each meal airport transfer quality ingredients boutique hotel
Reviewed 28 September 2018

We booked a tour with Flying Fish Hostel in Dumaguete (where we stayed for 2 nights) and had our Apo Island Day tour with Acqua Dive. It was a great experience from the moment we walked in - everybody was very accommodating and helpful, the resort was very clean and pleasant. Everything was just so organized. I was expecting a smaller boat since there were only 4 of us joining the tour, but I was surprised we had a big boat with more than 2 boat men and crew - made us feel much safer. All of the essentials were provided without extra fees - from water shoes to snorkeling equipment and fins (which I tried and did not work for me, I just didn't know how to use it :D)! Unlimited coffee and tea (prepared and served by the crew, which was awesome!) and bananas; lunch was also included. You'll never go hungry with Acqua Dive. During the tour, the crew never let us feel to hurry up (which usually happens to group tours), but instead encouraged us to explore as much as we wanted on every spot. After the tour, there were fresh towels prepared for us and so it saved us from taking wet towels with us back to the hostel. We were also offered to have a dip in the pool while waiting for our ride back to the hostel (although we did not take a dip for some reason). We instead just walked around the garden, a very pretty one, to relax a bit from the trip. Excellent service!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edlene Grace C
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We came here only for one night on our way to Apo Island (as the coastguard won’t let you cross at night) but it far exceeded my expectations.
The staff is so friendly, the rooms are so clean, beds are comfortable, food is DELICIOUS.
Also, the grounds are gorgeous! They did an excellent job paying attention to the details.
While we didn’t dive here, I can safely say that this is a great, comfortable place to stay while on a diving trip.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elyse M
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Spent a day at Apo Island, visiting 3 dive sites. I was one of 4 people snorkelling and with an experienced guide to hand, we were led through an amazing spectical of Coral, fish and of course the Turtles, truly amazing experience.
On our return we were able to shower and relax in the beautiful grounds and pool with a nice cold beer.
Thank you.

Room Tip: As we didn't stay here. check the web site.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank I W
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Our experience was amazing from the moment we walked in, the staff were attentive and helpful. The food was the best we had in the Philippines and the staff were on the ball when it came to thinking about what was next. A great example of this was our last night before we left, the staff came up to us as we were discussing between ourselves how we would get from Aqua Dive to the Ferry Port. Without knowing your staff asked us where we were heading next and if we would like to book a van to take us wherever we needed to go. Absolutely loved that the staff constantly asked us what we like for breakfast, lunch and dinner well ahead of time so that they can prepare and when that time hit, they had food on the table! However, there is so much more that I could go on about, which made the experience so good. The facilities and the rooms were perfect and the convenience to go diving and organise our dive gear couldn't be any easier! Our full day of diving was great and our instructor was awesome. he was knowledgeable and showed us some really cool things. THE BEST INTERNET IN THE PHILIPPINES! Overall 9/10!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dennis J
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time! Most of the people were diving but we did the snorkling trip. You're on the same boat going to the same places, only not that deep.
The crew on the boat is so helpful! I lost my snorkeling mask in the water. While I could borrow one of theirs, they did a dive just to get my bask back! That was really nice.
Also the lunch was good and they brought enough water and fruit.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Chae S, Owner at Acqua Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for this great review! We're so glad you guys enjoyed your day out in Apo Island and received excellent service from our boat crew. We're really fortunate to have such an awesome bunch of people working at Acqua. Enjoy the rest of your travel in the Philippines!

Cheers,