All reviews boat crew apo island muck diving frog fish the owner fantastic stay day trip these guys other resorts large room mini fridge felt very safe quinoa salad each meal airport transfer quality ingredients boutique hotel
Reviewed 5 November 2016

During our stay in Dumaguete, we stayed in Atmosphere and Aqua Dive- for sure we preferred Aqua Dive for its: personalised service, value for money, clean and large accommodations, amazing food selection and the best experience in learning how to dive. The staff were professional and attentive and Anna, our dive instructor was phenomenal.

It took me 3 decades to check off diving in my bucket list- this would not have been possible unless I felt 100% confidence with my instructor. I am very happy with what Aqua Dive has arranged, they are meticulous in safety and very experienced with what is around Apo Island. Seeing the landscape of the corals in the ocean for the first time is simply unforgettable! I am so grateful for Chae, Sean & Anna for letting us experience such magic.

Great work Aqua Dive and we can not wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We stayed in Acqua Dive's Triple-bed Sea view room with a balcony facing Apo island for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We found it was a great base for diving & snorkelling because -
1) Sean, the owner, & his team provided a more personalised and safety-conscious diving & snorkelling experience. The boat still went out even when there was only 1 diver on board for Apo Island. Anna, the dive master, was always patient & attentive to diver's needs. She would chat with each guest to find out about your needs. The dive gear & equipment were checked & prepared way ahead before setting off. Ariel, one of the boat crew, accompanied me while I was snorkelling, and he could quickly spot the large Green turtle before anyone else got there. Everyone onboard (especially the boat's Captain & Ariel) was always busy taking care of the guests, making coffee or tea, providing towels, and maintaining the dive boat on our 2-day dive at Apo Island.
2) We enjoyed all our meals prepared by the resort's kitchen staff - it was always very well presented and delectable, even the lunches we had on board the dive boat were satisfying. The only thing we would suggest is to have more vegetables or some salad added on for each main dish.
3) Our room was spacious and well-maintained. The resort provides free-flow drinking water, coffee & tea. There is a mini bar in room and cabled-TV with movie channels. The whole resort compound is very well-kept with a nicely landscaped garden & pool, and the sea is right in front by a sandy shore. There are 3 lovely cats (usually roaming around & out of sight) and 2 very friendly and adorable dogs. They are all adopted by Sean & his wife, Chae.
4) It is easy to get to Dumaguete town from the dive resort. A short walk to the main road and there are local buses that can take us to Dumaguete town within 30 min at around 30 peso per person. It was also easy for us to get to Oslob for the whalesharks from here by public transport. One-way journey to Oslob took about 2.5 hours by public transport(buses & fast ferry) and the staff at Acqua Dive provided good advice on how to connect to different modes of transport to get there. However, if you are with a group of 4 or more, it won't cost you too much by sharing a van from the resort to Oslob. On our way back from Oslob, we could spend some time at Robinsons Mall and had the famous cakes & pastries at Sans Rival before taking a public bus back to the resort. It is always fun to do what the locals do.
Thanks to the owners, Sean & Chae, and all their staff at Acqua Dive, for making our trip to Dumaguete a very relaxing & memorable one.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony have a good distant view of Apo island
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Acqua Dive is a lovely little dive resort which combines the cozyness and intimacy of a beautiful villa with the comforts of a well organized resort.
Chae and Sean run the place with love and attention and make sure every guest feels welcome and relaxed.
I spent a couple of days in the pool bungalow, right in the middle of the perfectly kept garden, attending my PADI Advanced Open Water Course with the awesome instructor Anna!

The days started by having breakfast in the shadow of the garden restaurant with a stunning view of Apo island.
Anna explained with patience and passion what you need to learn in order to have a great and safe diving experience, making the course fun and easy.
In not even 20 minutes by boat I was then practising in an incredible underwater environment!
Diving in Apo Island is like being transported directly in the diving books, with plenty of different fishes, turtles and corals. On top of this, the variety of dive sites allows you to try out all sort of different dives, shallow ones, deep, drift ones.
As I don't have my own, I rented the equipment from Acqua Dive's dive shop, which was of very high quality and brand new.
Also the whole boat crew was very friendly and attentive, spoiling a bit with special attentions and help a newbie diver like myself :)

And after an exciting day of dives I came back to relax by the quiet pool with a massage, before enjoyng a tasty dinner at the restaurant- Just perfect!

Great instructor, amazing dives, lovely location -- Absolutely recomended!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately we didn't stay in the hotel as it was full but they suggested a very nice place close by.
We were picked up by tricycle at 8am and taken to Acqua Dive where we met Anna and all her little helpers. Had a fantastic day diving on three separate locations round Apo Island which had a vast variety and quantity of sea life. Certainly one of the best diving days we've had in the Philippines, and we've had a few!
Anna was the perfect host and organiser and even though she was having a stressful day with a boat load of idiots like us never stopped smiling!
Would go back anytime, suggest you do!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2016

It's been my second time I visited Acqua Dive. It was so nice to see quite a few positive changes in the resort.

The room we stayed in, garden view room, was huge and very comfortable.
I really appreciate the service offered by Acqua Dive. The staff in the resort and the dive shop is extremely friendly and accommodating. They go above and beyond to make sure you have a great holiday.

The food is delicious as well. Acqua Dive serves a la carte menu, an interesting choice of local and international dishes and drinks. I fell in love with kinilaw, a local dish similar to ceviche, absolutely loved it!

Acqua Dive is a great place for divers, such a short boat ride to an amazing apo island. we did one day trip and enjoyed every dive there.
A friend of mine I travelled with is not a diver. The place also offers other attractions for non-divers. The place is perfect to catch well deserved rest.

Quiet, cosy, relaxing.

Our hosts, Chae and Sean made our stay exceptional, thank you guys! I will definitely come back:)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends