“Perfect Sunday lunch”

The Punch Bowl Inn & Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We visited the Punch Bowl Inn for a lunch to celebrate our son's birthday and everything was excellent- food, service and cosy atmosphere. The Yorkshire puddings with our roast beef were amazing and the blackberry soufflés were delicious.

We certainly plan to return on our next visit to the Lake District.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Booked Friday teatime at 6 pm . Great food , lovely atmosphere. Prefer eating in the bar than the restaurant . Only criticism is that the menu which is handwritten on the board had not changed a dish since the last time we were there...2/3 weeks previously . The specials were also the same. Food here is exceptional especially at the weekend.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Very much a dining experience as compared to the more "pubby" atmosphere that one finds at the Masons Arms over the hill. Nevertheless, good selection of cask ales and very friendly welcome and service throughout. Food was faultless, with a cheese soufflé, plate of Iberico Bellota hams and duck breasts standing out. Fully deserving of its high rating.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 5 November 2017

My husband and I ate here recently and I am intolerant to dairy products and usually eat a salad when I go out. Here I was given a beautiful dairy free menu looking just like the main menu. There were choices for me and I felt quite special and normal!
The food tasted amazing! I had the loin of cod which was cooked to perfection and the most delicious blackberry soufflé.
Thank you so much to the chefs and service team.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This was a lovely find for us. Really outstanding fine dining with service to match. Lovely atmosphere in the restaurant, imaginative dishes and professional quality service. Highly recommended.