Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotelUS$93
Expedia.comUS$93
CheapTicketsUS$93
TravelocityUS$93
Orbitz.comUS$93
TripadvisorUS$93
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2020

I stayed here with my family and it was a great experience. We enjoyed the campfires they have setup for the guests. They also gave us firewood free of charge land the staff was very kind. Not to mention the beautiful view in the back. I will definitely bring my family back next week.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2019

This Motel looks well maintained on online, boy oh boy online advertisements can be deceiving. The management also did not give the proper information at the time of booking with advertising the rooms were all fully renovated. The manager assured me on the phone that the rooms that I had booked (which was 3) were renovated. Upon arrival the staff was arguing right in front of my family and I among other guests. The rooms were dark and not very well kept, still dirty and the air freshener spray was overpowering. The window facing the pool was fogged up because the seals were broken Couldn't even see out. Overall it was probably the worst experience I have ever had at a motel. From not on I ask to look at rooms before staying or booking.

Room tip: Not a great Motel
Date of stay: July 2019
Navneet Nagra, Owner at The Key Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2020

thank you for your feedback but we have so many guests coming repetitively and they are very happy and we have so much light in the room I don't know how you are saying that rooms are dark and we always show the room to people don't know what is the false advertising.

Reviewed 17 July 2019

We were going to stay here for a family vacation. After looking at the rooms that we reserved we realized that it wasn’t a place we wanted our family to stay. It was also not the amount of beds we booked. It’s terribly outdated and was nothing short of a dump. When we decided we weren’t going to stay we had already pre paid and they would only give us half our money back. A terrible experience. Go anywhere else but here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sean s

all the hotels and motels have a cancellation policy 24 or 48 hours before booking date you got 50% back you are lucky

Reviewed 16 July 2019 via mobile

We booked this place months in advance so that we could easily attend Storybook Park. However, when we arrived they did not provide us the proper Ros with enough beds. We couldn't stay because we had small children. When we attempted to get our money back, they would not help. Very unfriendly. Also a dirty and run-down establishment. Do not stay here. Many better places in Owen Sound.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2019

We read the reviews for this motel and they said good things. I was not impressed from the get go. The Inn keeper was still in Pajama bottoms at 3 o’clock in the afternoon. They must of been full as I ended up with an upstairs room. My room had very old carpet and it was quite dingy. I have learned since I travel so much, to always check the bedspread and the ribbing on the mattress by lifting the sheets. My bedspread had many blood stains and an enormous urine stain on it ..very visible from the white underside. Thankfully my mattress had no signs of infestation. I was not comfortable in the room. The owner changed the bed spread upon my request. The heater in the room was excellent. My partner was on the first floor and her room had newer floors and seemed a bit brighter. When I turned down her bed I found a dead fly between the sheets and the bedspread. Not sure how that happened to die there. All the windows were very old and dirty throughout. The pool was overfilled and an algae green. The safety buoys were not attached to the walls. We did not visit it up close so it may have been swimmable despite the neglected look from the rooms window. There was no blow dryers and the centre of the first floor was quite junky with overflow of mattresses, cribs etc. This is the second motel I have stayed in where the door to the room is not secure and cannot lock properly.

Room tip: If you must stay here...stay on the bottom floor.
Date of stay: May 2019