“Good meal”

The Clansman Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Need to book, especially on a sunday, but worth it. Ribeye steak was cooked just as I liked it! Staff friendly and helpful.

1  Thank 141hilary

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We were staying at the nearby campsite and decided to try this restaurant; it's within easy walking distance of the site. They offer a 2 course menu for £10.95 and a 3 course menu for £13.95 from 5.30-7pm Tuesday-Friday (closed on Mondays). I had the mushrooms and OH the brie. Both were delicious. For mains I had the haddock goujons, OH the chicken on creamed potato. Again, both were delicious. And we still had room for dessert, just! I had the cheesecake and OH the sticky toffee pudding, again delicious. This was a lovely meal, served efficiently by friendly staff. I think it's very good value for the money.

1  Thank 19elk55
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We had an evening meal with friends last week when we were on holiday and had a lovely evening. The food was very good and the staff very attentive. They do close at 9pm though so make sure you book before then.

1  Thank Junie908
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I have to agree with the review below about the noisy party table so I am assuming we were in the restaurant on the same day. The food was absolutely delicious, however, the evening was rather spoilt by a rowdy group of customers who the manager seemed to know. We could scarcely hear each other talking over the roar of screaming children which both staff and their ineffective parents seemed to turn a blind eye to. A great shame as we have dined at The Clansman before and have really enjoyed it. I also have to agree that the room was incredibly hot. Overall, delicious food but spoilt by the rowdy party.

5  Thank lovesfood189
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We ate here on our second night, very clean, staff very friendly food to die for I had rideye steak and pink pepper sauce and trimmings my husband had lasagne with salad plenty to eat, but you do need to book as is very popular

1  Thank Paul p