10,699 results
All reviews tapas snack bar fish privileged suite el mercado standard room the lion king japanese restaurant a la carte restaurants water shoes crepes pure chill out bar gated community steak sea lions animation team lagoon area
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Ok, let's get started. ARRIVAL: the staff was very friendly upon check-in and check out. My girl and I wear very leery because and counting we were told 1x by the bellhop to MAKE SURE you LOCK all VALUABLES IN THE SAFE, then 3x by the desk check-in people, then 2 more times by the bellhop as he was escorting us to our room. DAMM if my math is correct that is 6x before we get to the room, mmm we started to think they had a theft challenge(LOL)The ROOM: very small but we just booked the garden view. Day 1, after sunscreen and sand on our bodies we wanted to take a nice HOT shower, well that did not happen. Right in the middle of my HOT shower, the water turned ICE COLD which instantly made me RISE to the occasion of yelling out to my girl "CALL THE FRONT DESK!!" Well, I had to continue in ICE COLD water because I had soap all on me. Guess What? The FRONT DESK NEVER CAME TO FIX THE PROBLEM! Ok, still in the room day #2, I guess they did not want to hear from us again because the TELEPHONE STOPPED WORKING (yes, we unplugged it and replugged it again), so if we wanted anything we had to walk to the front desk or connect two shells together and run a string to the from desk from our room(this is why we decided just to walk) this was never fixed as well! They had construction in our area and some genius decided to start drilling at 3am-6am, which needless to say everyone should have been sleeping, well I take that back my girl slept through the drilling and with her snoring I could not tell the difference!! I picked up the phone to complain to the front desk, but OH WAIT A MINUTE OUR TELEPHONE STOP WORKING, well Double DAMMM. Ok, let's move to the BEECH: DO NOT GO DOING FEBRUARY if you can help it at this hotel the beech had soooooo much algae on the shore and in the water, I saw a kid jump in and came out the water LOOKING LIKE SWAMP THING!! The beech also had so many sharp rocks on the bottom you would have to wear shoes unless you had feet like the Flintstones. So if you look past that and do not what to get in the water this is the beech for you! All we did was take in the weather and sleep in the lounge chairs. The FOOD: This was a minus star, the food was tasteless, bland, and flavorless I could keep going but you get the gest. But, there was plenty of it!!! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They had plenty of salespeople that would suck you in with their smiles and friendliness, then their teeth would come out and try to suck you dry of your money by buying a timeshare!! Now, don't get me wrong we expected snake oil salesman to be around trying to sell timeshares, but triple DAMM don't bother me while I am in the middle of a NAP on the beach!! We will NOT BE returning to this hotel!!

Room Tip: Do not get a garden view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ctillerjr
Enrico R, Director General at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear ctillerjr,
It was very disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Please, accept our most sincere apology for these inconveniences that you has experienced in your stay with us. Here at Catalonia Hotels & Resorts, we highly value our guests, and we deeply care for their satisfaction, for this reason, we are always on the complete disposition to listen to their needs and opinions prior, during and after their visit. Please know we are taking every single action possible in order to fix this concerns, in order to avoid this kind of situations and does not happen again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We were only there for 4 nights but enjoyed our stay - there to do a Mayan tour. I'm glad we were at a smaller resort making it easier to get around but still getting all the amenities of a larger place without the crowds. We did have to change rooms after our first room was too close to one of the bars, but they were very helpful with our needs. They are so attentive, friendly and helpful it is very similar to being on a cruise - you feel pampered even in the cheaper rooms. The size was much easier for my elderly mother to get around without needing shuttles or buses to get to anything. Plenty of palapas with shade to site and relax looking at the water and he barriers they have in the water make it safe to swim in the ocean. Seemed like less of a drinking crowd and more family and people just relaxing - which is what I hoped for (although plenty of options if you want it).

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room not near the bars - especially the open air ones or you will be up until they close.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Roni C

Dear Roni C,
It is great to know that you had a good time and enjoyed our facilities and services. We definitely hope you will decide to visit us again in the future; it will be our pleasure to welcome and pamper you once again!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

If you are looking for a nice and relaxing vacation, it is a perfect spot for you. My husband and I upgraded, so we had an access to many restaurants. The food was delicious, especially in the Mexican and Italian themed restaurants :) There are multiple pools, so it never feels crowded and you would be able to move from one spot to the other. O definitely loved this resort and I would not mind going there again!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the pools are quieter during the evening
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emiliapol

Dear guest,
Thank you for rating us. We are glad to know you were pleased with our facilities, friendly staff and courteous service! Thank you for your comments. We highly value our guest’s opinions and care deeply for their satisfaction. We hope you'll back soon. Best Regards.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Best Vacation in my life. Really good, Beautiful Hotel and friendly workers. In our last day we had a Romantic Dinner behind the Ocean. Dinner was amazinggg. We had appetizer soup and lobster. All restaurants chefs cooks really delicious.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank usaammy

Your enthusiasm is contagious! We are so happy to hear that you have an excellent stay with us and that you enjoyed the beauty of the Caribbean.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We had THE BEST time ever!
We stayed in normal room with blue bracelet and then upgrade to the purple one for a better room.
Staff was fun and lovely.
Food delicious, buffets great, the restaurants too! The Italian uhmmm!!! And so fun in the Japanese with Ricardo and his show. The only one we didn’t enjoy was the Spanish restaurant with rubbish food, wrong recipes and raw dishes.
Snack bar open 12-5. Bars at all times!
And crepes too!! Delicious.
You can have Kayak ride for free around the area and a Catamaran and it’s amazing.
We rented a car in there very cheap and went to Akumal beach and swimg with the turtles .
Also to Tulum beach (Paraiso beach) and Tulum Maya ruins.

Get snorkel glasses from home! They are expensive there.

Fun and peaceful place.
Spectacles every night and the Spa is very good!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carla_Spanish

Dear Carla,
First of all, Congratulations!! We are honored that you chose to spend your Honeymoon with us, we hope to have you back for future celebrations or just a relaxing getaway!
It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the cleanness, the delicious food and drinks, and, of course, our amazing staff. Thank you for your comments. We are so happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed the beauty of the Mexican Caribbean. We congratulate you again, and the honor will always be ours each and every time that you reside with us. We hope to see you for your 1st Anniversary, it will be an honor to host you and pamper you once again.