Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
US$438
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$387
  • Pool
US$686
US$456
Official Site
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$346
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$346
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$367
  • Beachfront
LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$224
Priceline
US$408
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
10,333 results
All reviewstapasfishsnack barprivileged suiteel mercadothe lion kingstandard roomjapanese restauranta la carte restaurantswater shoespure chill out barcrepesgated communitysteakanimation teamsea lionslagoon area
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Staff is excellent. Felt like everyone bent over backwards to accommodate! The food and drinks were superb. Cant wait to go back with my kids next time... Loved that the resort had activities for all ages and very family oriented yet also fun for the adults too! Strongly recommend!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Christine S
catrivieramaya1, General Manager at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Dear Christine S, ,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us, being of the utmost importance for us and our main source to improve our facilities and service.

It's great to know that you had a good time with us and you will keep a good memory of Mexico and our Hotel.

We certainly hope you and your family will decide to visit us again in the future, thus giving us another chance not only to comply with, but to exceed your highest expectations.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Good location, room fine, staff generally very friendly. Hotels facilities good and some entertainment worth seeing. The a la cart restaurants were brilliant. Pools were very nice and beach is much better than others in riviera maya. Had a lovely week long stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Daryl C
catrivieramaya1, General Manager at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us, being of the utmost importance for us and our main source to improve our facilities and service.

It's a pleasure to know that you had a good time with us and you will keep a good memory of Mexico and our Hotel.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Staff are great there, this was our 10th time there. Always happy with everyone and everything... From the great staff who remembered us from our last visit to the new staff who went out of there way to make our stay as great as always. David the bellman was always there to say hello and get a taxi for us
Susan and wade pickett

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Susanairdrie

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We had an excellent stay at the catalonia. staff were all very friendly, bar staff were superb. rafael and leo in the snack bar were brilliant. we found giving them small tips at the beginning of the holiday helped. when your glass was nearly empty there he was asking what you wanted next. thanks rafael!
restaurants were all different. the best was the Japanese. worth the waiting time. get there at 6pm to get in first session. or you will be waiting at least and hour. the hotel should allow its guests to book for these restaurants. everywhere we have been has always done this. was a bit of a pain waiting to get a table. the itailian reataurant was nice. the Mexican restaurant strangely was the worst place to eat. we thought being in mexico, it would have been the best.
the buffet restaurants were also very good. lots of choice and if you cant find something to eat in there, you should simply stay at home!!
the entertainment team were brilliant. something allways going on during the day.
we had basic room. very clean and we were happy with what we got. not worth paying for the extras.

Room Tip: tip the bar staff in the first few days
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 January 2013

ABSOLUTELY DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!

STEALING AND BAD Managers!

THEFTS are working in this hotel! I was there for 6 nights and my cell phone was TAKEN from my room!!!!!

The reason I am so sure about my phone was taken by staff in this hotel is I don't bring my cell phone with me after get to the hotel! I am always playing water, so I put my cell phone in the shelf every single day at same place!!!! Then my cell phone was taken, and I have tracking apps in my cell phone. It shows that my phone was taken to 20 miles away. The google satellite shows the place is someone's house.
I am so sure that it's their staffs did this, because the door lock shows there is only cleaning person and our door cards were used in our door. But the trick part is, we left room at 7:30am and didn't get back at 10:30pm! The whole day I was at Chichen-Itza. However, the door locker reader shows that at 8:30am,10:30am someone used our door card to enter our room! My boyfriend and I usually only carry one door card with us and left another one in the room. So, the cleaning person take our card and used it later for stealing!!!!!!

we talked to their managers and the manager told me : CALL A TAXI and go to Police Station by yourself and report this crime!!!! What's the heck I have to spend my own money and time in a foreign country to report a crime that hotel has the responsibilities?!
And later they told me I should use the safety box, otherwise they don't take the responsibilities. I don't even want to loose a sock, does that mean I have to lock every single thing in the safety box?! I AM THERE FOR VACATION, NOT FOR PREVENT STEALING!

And their attitude for dealing this case are supper rude! they talk spanish between each other even they all can speak good english! They just want to get rid of you by saying We don't have responsibilities on this!

Then I reached to their higher manager, after 2 weeks of calling from U.S to Mexico, They refused to do anything!!!!

For me, it is not only matter about a cell phone, it matters how they deal with this stealing, obviously, the hotel can tolerant the theft in their staff, otherwise they should give me some good solutions!!

My advise is DON'T CHOOSE THIS HOTEL! DON'T RISK!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
16  Thank April Y

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We deeply apologize if your stay with us was not a perfect experience

We would like to inform you that the investigations carried out by our security department did not provide evidence. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

I would like to assure you that the Management is deeply concerned about the inconvenience happened, but in this case the investigation has yielded in no results, being unable to connect it to any staff member, therefore the Hotel cannot be held responsible for any loss of valuables left out of the safe.

I hear all your comments, and certainly we will take seriously your feedback and see possibilities to improve and make sure your next visit will exceed your expectations.