Catalonia Riviera Maya
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)
US$232
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
US$354
US$289
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)
US$183
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)
US$200
  • Beachfront
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$179
Very Good 4/5
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$271
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
US$594
US$438
Great 4.5/5
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
US$487
Hotels.com
US$540
  • Pool
LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
Excellent 5/5
9,992 results
All reviewstapasfishsnack barprivileged suiteel mercadothe lion kingstandard roomjapanese restaurantwater shoesa la carte restaurantspure chill out barcrepesgated communitysteakanimation teamsea lionslagoon area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Good hotel for price,not 4 star like stated till rooms updated.The room we were allocated was poor air con was weak, room dated.Got a change of room which was better,had fan on ceiling helping the air con.Most staff fiendly,liked jeremiah at the chill out bar(a good laugh).
The gardens are well attended ,the food restaraunts and bars were good.
The beach is good but rocky in places footwear needed.all in all good holiday for price paid.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
catrivieramaya1, General Manager at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We deeply apologize if your stay with us was not a perfect experience

Starting with myself and all my colleagues and managers, we are disappointed to have not met your expectations during your stay with us.

I hear all your comments, and certainly we will take seriously your feedback and see possibilities to improve and make sure your next visit will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed here the 2nd week in Sept. So ready to go back!
This place was amazing! We upgraded to the the Priv. Suite - highly recommend!
The entire staff was OUTSTANDING! There was always something to eat and the drinks were plenty strong!
The buffet is like any buffet - hit or miss but there is ALWAYS something you can eat.
The SteakHouse and the Terrace was FANTASTIC! But dont' wait until 930-945 to go - you probably wont get in.
The Chinese was good as well but the Tapas and Steakhouse were our favorites hands down!
Walking distance from the Marina - great atmosphere.
Swimming was great - recommend swim shoes but you can probably get along without them.
We called about our fridge not getting cold - they were at our door in less than 10 mins and brought a new one.
I will tell you that I am a bit fussy and I have NO complaints.
Well worth it in our opinions!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us, being of the utmost importance for us and our main source to improve our facilities and service.

It's a pleasure to know that you had a good time with us and you will keep a good memory of Mexico and our Hotel.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Very clean hotel, service was great, food was very good as well!!
The only low point was the room, it was very old, but it was clean tough!

We stayed on the Yucatan pool, it was very nice and quiet. The Catalonia side was a little crazy...
The beach is wonderful!! Make sure to take a swimming shoes, it has a lot of rocks on the bottom.

Value was very good!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GSfamilyof4
catrivieramaya1, General Manager at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Reviewed 27 September 2012

This is a nice Hotel, but 4Star er! No!

The Staff are very friendly and the grounds beautiful, The food is ok and lots to drink.
But now to the sore point, Please take note, this is NOT a RIU class type hotel. On arrival I expected the same type of facilities, I was very wrong.

You will be placed into a Standard room, which has, No Mini-bar, No Optics, No free Safe, and no bath ect. To obtain these you will need to upgrade to Privilaged Class, at $400USD (£250)

Before you book this Hotel/resort, TALK to your Travel Agency, Make Sure you now exactly what your paying for.

Apart from that, we Have a great time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mike B

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Listen, you get what you pay for so why rate it any lower then that? If you looking for a cheap vacation with nice scenery then this is the hotel for you. Let me first address the good things about this resort before I get into the bad. The scenery is beautiful, its clean, staff was friendly and prices were decent.

What was okay was the food, it wasn't the authentic Mexican food I was looking for and the buffet was ok nothing special. The hotel room was basic, hard beds and a tube tv. For the most part it was always clean and every day I came back to my room I was surprised with a towel animal which i thought was cool.

The annoying part was the fact the pool closes at 7. I mean for me that was a little disappointing considering the fact that I wanted to enjoy some time in the evening swimming and relaxing. The beach was very rocky, so its important to buy water shoes if you are looking to go here. Also, if you are looking for "sea weed" free beach water then this is not the resort for you.

I had a few encounters with rude staff in which I hung up on them twice, additionally I had a bad experience with the people they have selling excursions that harassed me and actually followed me down stairs to ask me why i booked with someone else and that i should " pray " that nothing happens to me while I enjoy my excursion. I know that has nothing to do with the resort it self, its lomas travel. However my advice to any of you traveling to this resort, is to book your hotel transfers up front and stay away from lomas travel.

There is not much I can say about this resort. i was very excited to come here and when I did, i left with a bad taste in my mouth from the mistreatment of staff there.

Every where I went they said if you enjoyed your stay or excursion rate it on trip advisor. If you hated it , keep your mouth shut. I didnt hate my stay, nor did I enjoy my stay either.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jacqueline N
catrivieramaya1, General Manager at Catalonia Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012