10,588 results
All reviewstapassnack barfishprivileged suiteel mercadostandard roomthe lion kingjapanese restauranta la carte restaurantswater shoescrepespure chill out bargated communitysteakanimation teamsea lionslagoon area
Reviewed 14 October 2003

We stayed at the Cameleon on Sept. 28th for a week. There was a group of 8 of us and we had a great time. This was my second trip to this area last time we stayed at Gran Porto Real. The rooms at the Gran Porto Real were much nicer and the resort architecture was nicer, but the Cameleon had better food and nicer staff. Also the amenities were better. The rooms were very clean and the maids were great, but the rooms are very motelly. This was fine with us because we aren't in them very often. We never had a problem getting a beach chair and we never had a problem getting into the reservation restaurants or bars or anything. I would stay here again and enjoyed our visit.

1  Thank Tourist3055
Reviewed 10 October 2003

I can't say enough good things about this place. The staff was very very friendly, and most polite. The food was excellent and lots to choose from. the bartenders were very friendly and professional. Benito was a great bartender! You could get most anything you asked for. The only complaint I had was the beds were too hard! I can hardly wait to go back again next year. We are counting the days.+

1  Thank Resort24842
Reviewed 2 October 2003

Spent two weeks at the Cameleon Marival with my partner and had one of our best holidays. The hotel was superb, food was very good, especially the italian, where the chocolate cake is excellent! Staff were very helpful and the animation team were excellent (although there view of the english a little dated, afternoon tea was announced to english guests at 4pm each afternoon!) Peurto Aventuras is a very pretty marina town, and provides ample places to go should you wish to venture out of the hotel complex. Definitely visit Xel Ha, and Chitchen Itza, and swimming with the Dolphins is a must. Overall an excellent holiday that we would fully recommend to anyone!

2  Thank StewartKelly
Reviewed 30 September 2003

My husband and I went to the Cameleon on a last minute deal. We've never been to Mexico before and this place was above and beyond what we expected. Our room was fabulous, super clean, and we were overlooking the sea. The pools were great and the animation staff were out of this world! The food was alright...when it's 100 deg who feels like eating anyways? The sun, the sand, and a drink in our hands....that's what it was all about. We met nice people from all over the world...I couldn't communicate with some because of the language barrier, but hey, it was great! One thing to note...there are A LOT of Europeans (Club Lookea is basically the same facility). Some are nice and some are not...but they can say the same about me! One last thing....if you go, head to the Lobby Bar and listen to Sylvia and Lupe. He sounds just like Elton John! Finally, $1 (usd) goes a long way. If someone was above and beyond...I'd give them a tip...it made their day and then they loved you for the rest of the trip. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank GlobeTrotting980
Reviewed 29 September 2003

My husband and I spent a week's honeymoon at the Cameleon Marival in Puerto Aventuras in the first week of September 03 and had a wonderful time. I must say, although it's a good hour and a half transfer from the airport, it's well worth it, even after a long flight from the UK!
The hotel has a Caribbean/Mexican style to it, with really friendly staff, a private beach just seconds from our room and a stunning lagoon. When we arrived, the bed and bathroom was covered in red rose petals, the towels were arranged in the shape of two swans as well as champagne and cream cake. it was such a lovely gesture, we were really chuffed! We were initially worried about drinking the water from the hotel but there's no need to worry - as long as you drink the Cristal water which is provided in the snack bar and gym, you'll be fine as it's purified water. Sunrise was about 6.30am and as we were jet lagged, we were up at that time anyway and our photos came out really well. You can use the watersports equipment free of charge if you're on an all-inclusive package, so we made use of the snorkelling equipment and went out on kayaks on the lagoon which was really cool. Just a few things to note that you might find useful: we did find the daily activities a little noisy around the pool area, so tended to sunbathe by the beach/lagoon most of the time. Avoid buying from the hotel shop and using the room phone - try and get a phonecard - there's 2 payphones just down the road from the hotel and is much cheaper. Make sure you take mosquito repellant and apply it every night as we were covered in bites by the end! If you like snorkelling, definitely go to Xel-Ha for the day - it's well worth the money for a full day! (You can buy biodegradable suntan cream from there, so don't worry about bringing it from home.) And Playa del Carmen is also worth going to - it's only 20 mins away from the hotel and you can pick up some great souvenirs! All in all, Puerto Aventuras is just like paradise - perfect for families with young kids and/or couples looking for a quiet relaxing break for a week.

9  Thank BoardingPass28151