See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This place is amazing. I am here right now taking the time to write this review because it is really worth it. This is a big house -next to another one, and you can use the two swimming pools, the gardens, the common area (table & sofas with tv). The place is 5 minutes away from the beach in a very safe and beautiful place. Roberto and Max are here to help you in everything you need..

I would totally come back here.! A+

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Great location, great value, excellent location - what more can you ask for? You also get great advice about all of the exciting things to do and see in the area, including tips you likely would not get from the chain hotels. The setting is one of a kind - beautiful yard with local wildlife, pools, cenote & jungle in back, and a marina stocked with playful dolphins, manatees, sea lions and more out front. This is the type of place that makes you never want to leave from the moment you get there - we're already planning our next trip! Extremely clean and cared for with pride, the rooms are also spacious and comfy. Roberto, Massimiliano, and Pamelina went out of their way to make sure we were happy with our stay and we certainly were - the entire experience was amazing! Everyone should experience Puerto Aventuras and Villas Picalu at least one... you won't regret it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul Z
Reviewed 6 March 2012

If I try to book my room and you are in it, you are Blessed! The Prlivate Marina is opperated by the Military, which helps to ensure that the local policia and taxis are kept at bay. Outside your balcony door is a "wild" oasis, Pond with wildlife that is very tame and only shows themselves when Roberto is through cooking breakfast. Nothing goes to waste, which shows how much the owners have invested into the local culture and belief that the Riviera Maya is a self sustaining environment when treated with respect.
I expected a shabby room and was greeted with a small slice of heaven. All of my old college friends were staying at the Barcelo All Inclusive Resort and only wished they had the vision to gain some sort of culture.
Roberto and his Wife Alex made our trip memorable!
And the kicker, they lined us up with a very reasonably priced dive into the the sacred Mayan underwater river caves called the "Cenote" recently featured as one of the best dive spots by the National Geographic.
Great House, Great Service, and I will be Greatly dissapointed when I try to book and you are in my room!!!!
Have fun and give Alex a hug for us...
Matt, Jillian and Adelae V

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt V
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed at Villas Picalu after christmas time 2011, and we were just lucky that they still had rooms! Roberto and Massi were very accommodating! They were friendly and helped us to plan our trips, feel at home and anything you could ask for. It was almost like having a family away from home. Roberto also helped us set up our personal diving tour of the cenote Dos Ojos, a place that words can hardly describe, because you really have to see it! We had the perfect breakfasts with italian coffee, fresh fruits, newly baked bagels and eggs of any choice every morning. The rooms were clean, calm, had both ac and fans and balconies with nice views. With the pool, the natural cenote, the rich animal life and the great service, I could not really find anything bad to say. We were simply spoiled!
I wish the best for this lovely B&B, and I would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Clean, comfortable, in the heart of Peurto aventuras, steps away from the dolphins, manatees, restaurants and shops, Roberto and Alexandria, the hosts are welcoming and very friendly. I spent a week here and weas never bored. The home is beautiful with a cenote in the back yard, Iguanas and other creatures come to nibble on treats left by alexandria in the back yard. Absolutely excellent value if you are looking for a quiet room in a family type home. there are stairs up to the bedroom so if you are not able to climb 12 stairs this would not be the place for you. there is the Omni Hotel about a 5 minute walk from the house where for 10 dollars a day you can rent a chair under a Palapa and use the washrooms, otherwise the beach is free, bring a blanket and your snorkel gear and enjoy!

Room Tip: I am not sure if they have any rooms on the main floor. didnt ask but the owners can speak english well and are very helpful so just phone and ask or check out thier website. Villas Picalu Bahia Xcacel 19-20, Puerto Aventuras, 77733 Mexico ‎866-299-2910‎
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo