Barcelo Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
US$288
US$228
US$351
US$302
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$319
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$193
US$187
  • Pool
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$143
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Posada Real Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$114
  • Pool
US$200
US$195
US$534
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswim up barstar resortthird floorspanish coffeepool sidebig bennachoscity busbeach serviceplaya lindaa lot of funmexican nightgreat vacationwater aerobicsteatromexicowaves
Reviewed 11 January 2018

First of all I totally subscribe to Jim G. review, me and my husband were the only North Americans in the hotel, this was OK though, most of the locals were quite friendly, but you can imagine the standards were lower. Yet, the beach and the location were amazing. We paid $830 for the ticket, and for this price we do not complain, but if you pay anything more than that, it is not worth going to TESORO. Beware of the concierge, on Dec. 21 at 11;30 I left my luggage with him, he had ONLY my suitcase and he knew I will be out of the hotel 1 hr (I told him), he also knew I am Canadian and I could have something valuable in my luggage, please AVOID him

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor facing the beach are the best
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
26  Thank cameliaalexandru
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I have been fortunate to have traveled to Mexico dozens of times over the last 20 years but first time to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. Arrived Christmas Eve 2017. We were the only gringos in the hotel. Staff don’t speak English. There were hundreds of local Mexican families with tons of kids in the pool until 8-9:00pm screaming and playing. Sunwing (tour operators) don’t tell about the resort in their advertising. Mini bar in room? No water/soda provided! Coffee in room? Not! Can’t smoke anywhere but beach. 2 bars? No. Bar in lobby was also an office desk during the day. The only place air conditioned was our room that provided 67 channels of Spanish only TV. Wish I paid the extra $10.00/pp and stayed at Azul. The Tesoro in Manzanillo visited 10yrs ago was ok, 5 years ago declined. I am not sure if I have been spoiled by staying at other fantastic hotels but this was below expectations. This is generously a 3Star. I am definitely coming back to Ixtapa but will Not be staying at ANY Tesoro hotel again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
29  Thank Jim G
Rubén R, Director General at Tesoro Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Jim G,

Thank you for staying with us! We’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know. We reiterate the graces for your comments and we send a cordial greeting.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

most of the staff only spoke Mexican, even the poor quality evening shows were mostly in Mexican. We did not like the food and it was very repetitive . Each day we would walk into Ixtapa for some thing to do, there was not much offering at the hotel. There was only one pool, do not go to this hotel during a holiday time there are too many Mexican children. We went for our holiday over Christmas, whilst the Christmas dinner was okay, we should of stayed home. I have an electric scooter, but during holiday time the parking is crazy and it was a job to get round out front of the hotel. If you are planning a trip here make sure you do your homework first. Never again for us.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
50  Thank maureenbrooks15
Rubén R, Director General at Tesoro Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Maureenbrooks15,

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This is my third Ixtapa hotel, my second time at the Tesoro, only thing I can say is meh.
~The drinks included in all inclusive were so so, but getting one is work. You can tip your waiter really well and he'll be loyal for a little bit unless you tip him well frequently. Understand they are understaffed at the pool bar. If you choose to get your own drink watch out because "locals" can and push, cut and allow their family to step in front, this happens at the snack bar as well.
~The room is decent for the age of the hotel, our group did have to ask for toilet paper and wash cloths. The maids are sweet and try really hard, love flowers and towel art.
~The food is unpredictable. The best thing was the French toast that ranged in flavor from plain to cinnamon to orange. They try to mix up the flavors of meat, and do a decent job. If you are a salt and pepper person, you might want to hunt it down yourself. Waiters inside are very attentive, might have something to do with the manager showing up often to inspect and he did, he would scold and point things out when he saw them.
~The hotel did one international night, previously every night was a different culture and very interesting, the must need to save money now... this year it was 70's theme...
~Security is very friendly and will say hello and good evening.
~The internet... it says you have to pay but I wasn't charged, and I needed it for my grad school homework so paying would have been fine. The internet is hit and miss at times but it worked for getting assignments submitted on time.

I'm torn, this is my least favorite hotel, but really for what you pay and where you are does it matter?!

Room Tip: Anything 3 and up.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
67  Thank JmeJay
Rubén R, Director General at Tesoro Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear JmeJay,

Reviewed 26 April 2017

It was the second time I've been in this Hotel, the first one was 11 years ago and it was even worse than I remembered it. It had to stay here because I was attending a wedding otherwise I would have never stayed there again.
The hotel it’s not that ugly, the rooms are actually plain but OK. But the food is as ugly as it gets: old, flavourless, meat full of fat and unchewable, etc. It couldn’t be any worse than it is. The free beverages are 60% water plus some cheap liquor, including beer. The only good meal I had during my stay was at the wedding the rest were from bad to awful.
Also, there is just one pool, which I never swam in because it was 100% full so you wouldn’t be able to swim without touching a stranger. Plus I saw guy SPITTING a phlegm inside the pool (incredibly disgusting). That’s because that’s the type of people that go to this hotel and unless you are ok with that I would recommend you to try a different hotel.
I must say that the workers are super nice and friendly but that’s the only positive thing I could say about the Tesoro Ixtapa.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel, ;)
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
75  Thank Mary648
Rubén R, Director General at Tesoro Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Mary648,