1,669 results
All reviews sunset grill european plan facing the street ocean view chili beans internet connection the hotel is clean over christmas all inclusive package breakfast buffet coffee pot lobby bar blue shrimp mexican families water pressure the beach is great junior suite
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

The Emporio resort treated my family and I very well. We received excellent service. The food was was excellent. The views beautiful. I recommend this resort 5 stars. stars. They are family friendly. Wonderful entertainment.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Jorge D, Director General at Emporio Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Guest

We are very motivated by your assessment in the facilities and the service you received, your opinion is important, thank you for sharing your experience, why you enjoyed the food that we prepared especially for you, for the views that you liked, why you liked it the activities of entertainment shared in family, thank you very much, hopefully you will soon return, If you have any questions or suggestions do not hesitate to contact me in the future

I am here to serve you at any time !!!

Jorge Domínguez
Managing Director
Hotel Emporio Ixtapa
jdominguez@grupodiestra.com

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Let's start with the negative. The Emporio feels like an old hotel. It's rooms and fittings are old and fighting to keep working. A friend had a room that had a bad smell and was moved to another better room. Apparently there are some newer rooms, but we didn't get one.
The other negative is that there are signs around the hotel and pool saying that the hotel is 'no smoking'. But there were many people wandering around smoking and no staff said anything to them. Having a young child with us, it was really annoying.
The positive.
The staff are great. They make the hotel. Very friendly, happy, willing to do anything to make our stay better. We even selected some food from the buffet and they turned it into baby food for us!
The food was very good with a good selection. Although the veggie selection can be limiting some days. A plate of rice does not a meal make.
Other good bits.
Their are 3 varieties of kids pools at the hotel. The beach is great and stays shallow for a nice distance.
The hotel wifi reaches the beach.
The included beer is very nice and refreshing.
... So. in conclusion.
Fix the hotel, keep the great staff, stop people smoking by the pool and turn this into a really great family hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go to the pizza restaurant in the hotel, the pizza's are terrible and the buffet is much better.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank bambi851
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Overall our stay was good. Nice variety for kids. If you’re expecting American white food, just get the European package which is room only. If you are ready to indulge in near authentic Mexican cuisine, go for the all inclusive package. Most of the reviews here say food isn’t that great but it’s misleading.

Children’s evening with movie/theater duros, cupcakes and marshmallows on a stick on a Monday night that I was there.

Be ready to tip in order for waiter to come back to you. Otherwise, you’ll need to go yourself to the palapa and order drinks there directly.

6th floor rooms smelled moldy. All our clothes smelled like that when we went home. Hard to take out the stench.

Overall, nice family friendly hotel. Variety of pools for the entire family to enjoy. Direct access to the the beach. Not very many tourists here, more upperclass Mexican families from other states than white people.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank RmunozXicana
Reviewed 2 January 2018

My family stayed here two nights. The staff were wonderful and the location was perfect. However, the rooms need a lot of updating, fixtures worn and electrical socket not working in bathroom. Everything just seemed old. The pool and grounds however were beautifully maintained. It is very crowded during Christmas week so be prepared to NOT have seats by the pool or on the beach unless you grab them early.

Room Tip: We did not ask and our view was of another hotel's roof top - not pretty at all.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Karie S
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Somehow this detail was not noticed by me in any reviews. I would not have stayed at the Emporium if I'd known that windows in rooms can not open more than a few inches, no exaggeration! And from what I could determine all of the rooms had windows that were also not able to be opened more than just a few inches. I love having ocean breezes in my room when I sleep and to stand on a balcony to enjoy sights and smells of the ocean.The room I stayed in ,220, was moldy smelling and was dirty. The woman who was responsible for cleaning the room did try to clean the room up but it was ground in grime and a simple mopping was not going to clean it up. .I was on vacation over Christmas and enjoyed being near the beach but if doing it again I would choose another hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple