Hotel Fontan Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$164
  • Breakfast included
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$82
  • Breakfast included
Posada Real Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$88
  • Pool
Pacifica Resort Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$148
US$408
clubmed.us
1,148 results
All reviewssister hotelinfinity pooloyster bara la carteslobby barthe mexican restaurantjacuzzi tubwalk in closetfloating dockplaya lindareservation officewater taxisunwing repboard walkfamily poolbike tourspin class
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We traveled 1st time to Ixtapa Jan 4-11/18. The weather never below 29' black & gold sand beaches, snorkelling at Ixtapa island. Incredible sunsets every night. The rooms were beautiful with ocean front views. We were lucky enough to meet Delfish Gutierrez at the front desk - his charm and professionalism were impeccable. As a previous concierge at a Canadian 5 star resort , Delfish provided everything we could of expected and more. We were happy to tell all our friends were to spend their next vacation and whom to ask for personally. Keep up the excellent work Delfish, we hope to see you again soon .
Jen& Al from B.C.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jen L
Consuelo_calidad, Manager at Azul Ixtapa Grand Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear client:

Thank you for having taken your to provide us with your comments about the service provided during your stay.
We hope that in a near future you will consider giving us the opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve.

Cordially – The General Directorate

Reviewed 16 January 2018

First trip to this property and we loved it. Very clean and service was great. All the food at the al a cartes was excellent. Room was ver good and the view amazing. It was nice to be able to walk the beaches and it was only a quick taxi into Ixtapa. Only negative is that the buffet dining is a little dated and the food was not as good as it could have been in my opinion when compared to the as a cartes.

Room Tip: All rooms are good because they all have a view
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Bararteg
Consuelo_calidad, General Manager at Azul Ixtapa Grand Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Guest:
It is a pleasure to express our gratitude for your kindly preference, especially for the valuable time that you took to let us know your impressions concerning the facilities and service provided during your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments that give us the opportunity to know our guest’s valuable opinion since this is the key to our success.
We will follow up on the observations mentioned.
We remain our gratefulness for your comments and look forward for the opportunity to welcome you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

The Azul Ixtapa Grand is a very nice hotel. We stayed December 28th - January 4th. The rooms and resort are as pictured on their website (sometimes those pics are deceiving). The hotel was very clean and well maintained.
Rooms - Every room does have an ocean view. The rooms were very nice, beds fairly comfortable. The bathroom area is a little weird as there is not a lot of privacy - jacuzzi tub in the main area of the room, the shower and toilet areas had frosted glass doors into them and the shower also had a frosted glass window looking into it from the main area of the room. They have Nespresso machines in the rooms, which was nice, but housekeeping usually forgot to leave new pods. Our room was not cleaned two different days during our stay, but we were able to get towels from housekeeping.
Hotel & Pools - Three very nice pools (one inifinity pool - super cool), with a decent beach - the beach at the sister hotel (Azul Ixtapa) did have nicer beaches for swimming. My one major pet peeve and the main reason I only gave 4 stars - the hotel staff do not enforce the "no saving chairs" rule at the pool. At 8 in the morning, there would be towels spread across almost all of the pool loungers and literally only 3 guests in the area. I'm not sure why some people feel it is okay to do this, but it is very inconsiderate. The staff didn't do anything about it. I think they may have tried to address this by allowing only one towel per guest (signed out), but people would just lay one towel over three lounge chairs.
Food - the buffet was not your typical american style buffet - it was mostly Mexican foods (lots of sauce). This makes sense as it is in Mexico :P and at the time we were there, probably half of the guests were wealthy Mexicans. The guacamole was probably the best I've ever had! The a la carte restaurants were all very good, but you do have to try to reserve for all of your dinners as soon as you arrive or you might be out of luck. They do not allow drop ins, even if the restaurant is mostly empty. Each of the four times we went to an a la carte dinner, the restaurants were only 1/4 - 1/3 full, but when checking with the reservation desk, we were told they were full every night. I think a lot of people book them and then just don't show up. The pool cafeteria had more "american style food" pizza, ice cream, burgers, fries, salads, etc.
We were at the resort for New Years Eve, and it was spectacular! Over 15 minutes of fireworks. Really great food, and the decor was very well done.
The staff at the hotel were excellent, very friendly and welcoming, most spoke English. There was alway someone around to help. One weird thing I hadn't had at other Mexican resorts - they would not change US dollars to MX pesos at the desk (or anywhere). But they would change Canadian Dollar to Mexican Pesos. I think almost all of the non-mexican guests at the resort were Canadian. Sunwing Vacations has a strong presence there & i think most of the Canadian Guests were with a Sunwing Vacation Package (including us). There were a couple of Sunwing representatives at the hotel everyday to answer questions and book excursions, They had a very helpful info session the morning after we arrived. My husband's suitcase was lost in transit (seems to be a fairly regular occurence with Sunwing), but did show up two days later. We booked a tour through Sunwing to release baby turtles - it was amazing, I highly recommend it!
The Area - the hotel is about a 10 minute drive from Ixtapa, about 40 minute drive to Zihuantaneo. There is a beach called Playa Linda about a 10 minute walk from the resort - from there you can take a water taxi to Ixtapa Island for I think 50 pesos (return). We snorkeled at Coral Beach (on Ixtapa Island) - lots of different tropical fish. When you get to the beach, someone will set you up with complimentary lounge chairs & table with umbrella, just have to buy some food and beverages.
We felt very safe in the area (although I understand once you are out of the tourist areas, maybe not so much). We took the local bus into Zihuantaneo (to go shopping at Bodega - Mexican WalMart) once and Ixtapa once. There is a paved bike/running path that goes from Playa Linda all the way to Zihuantaneo. The resort offers a bike tour of part of it (about 8km total).
The sister resort seemed to be quite a bit busier (i.e. not as relaxing), I would recommend tthe Azul Ixtapa Grand over the Azul Ixtapa.

Room Tip: Near Elevators have the best view.
5  Thank trishnicol
Consuelo_calidad, General Manager at Azul Ixtapa Grand Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear client:

We will follow up on the observations mentioned.

Cordially – The General Directorate

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I remember looking at information for the Azul Ixtapa Grand in 2014 when it was on the list of destinations I was considering for a 2 week Christmas/New Years vacation and reading that every room has a view. I thought I doubt this is true. I have just returned from my 4th fabulous year staying at the Azul Grand and I cannot say enough about the location, the hotel, the service and my experience there.
I have never before repeated a vacation stay, I never wanted to I always wanted to try something new. Not anymore, it would not be Christmas without the Azul Grand and if you can stay for New Year's Eve...AWESOME! I have paid hundreds of dollars for events that did not meet the experience provided and included in your vacation that is created by the Azul Grand on New Year's Eve.
The rooms are fabulous, the food is awesome, the employees at this resort are totally amazing and always willing to go the extra mile to help you.
Alejandro in the buffet, great service very friendly and helpful in providing tips about the area! Thank You!
Anna who operates the buffet what can I say it is amazing that she can remember us when we return!
Roberto at the pool all day every day with a smile and great service.
Here is what really amazes me that they are all consistent, every year, every visit, every interaction the same stellar service.
There are many adventures included with your stay, the gym is phenomenal and there are daily workout classes that you can try,
It is very safe and you can grab the local bus right out front to take you on a shopping adventure.
The Azul Ixtapa Grand has become my Christmas Holiday Home! Next year it will be 3 weeks!
Thank you to everyone who makes this awesome vacation experience possible!

Room Tip: I love the rooms near the elevators they have the best ocean view even though every room does come with an excellent view.
4  Thank toivos2018
Consuelo_calidad, General Manager at Azul Ixtapa Grand Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Reviewed 4 January 2018

When: 2nd time ..Again in Dec 2017.
Numbers: Group of 12+8=20
why: Provided a Stress free vacation.
Staff: Excellent staff always smiling and make you to feel special.
Facility: Luxury in Great value. well maintained.
Location: Perfect great ocean setting. 20 min away from airport.
Flight: No improvement from last time.Sunwing need to do better: Long flight but no food, no kids entertainment.
Airport: Cute,Very clean and fast. Ground staff was so good.
Activity: Great Gym, cyclists,Runners paradise, best pool side entertainment.
Food: Plenty of ingredients and they love to customize for your taste....it can be concept they can work on more..we had super experience.Hindu MASALA meals Channa Bhatura,Pakorey,to Rajmah Chawl.Guess guys we had finest Poori+HALWA.
Special: Vegan dishes in Buffet
Missing: Mangoes,guava and coconut.

Names: Short of my words to express our thanks to Yulia (our Queen), Martha (reservations),Luis (Reception), Carlos, Jennifer, Luis (bar),Nicolas.
Manager: Luis Campos.
Captain: **Ana (superb)**,Jose (The Legend) and Enrique, Nuria,
Chef: Ricardo, Francisca, Miguel,Leopoldo,
BAR: Jose, Juan, Enrique, Luis, Carlos, Captain at pool bar and restaurant....super
Front desk: Luis has great memory..after 1 yr, he welcomed us by remembering our last trip details.

It was a very special trip for our family and they understood our needs and catered our needs without any loose end.
I am sending a special letter to President.

***-VE: few addition at the beach but If you are a beach fan then don't consider this resort. Pool water was little cold need a heating system.
The strong points: Luxury with super value: staff is the strongest.
1. GYM, POOLS, BARS, RESTAURANTS AND ROOMS ARE AMAZING
2..Strongest: Staff attitude,Nice rooms,View from rooms.
Weakest points: Pool water temperature,Live cooking counter and fresh smoothie counter.

Room Tip: Dont hesitate to ask staff or Manager (he is really smart and great leader). If Vegan and Masala lovers take few stuff for your taste.
3  Thank YATREEGAN
Consuelo_calidad, General Manager at Azul Ixtapa Grand Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018