4,078 results
All reviews premium club swim up bar ocean view sunset grill lobster sushi restaurant mexican families breakfast and lunch flea market a la carte oceanview room main buffet week stay felt very safe lounge chairs all inclusives all inclusive plan
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We stayed at this hotel because we got a free trip to anywhere worth $2000.00. We put in another $2300.00 to stay here in a OV room. Very nice hotel but not worth $4300.00 for 10 days through West Jet. Their price for the OV rooms is ridiculous $80.00/ea $160.00 per night, extra on top of regular rate. Hotel is very nice but not worth the price. Book in at the Azul Grand, all with OV rooms, better food, great bar service, and you can swim without the big waves because Ixtapa island cuts down on the big waves. Lots to do there too Oh! and at 1/2 the price. Happy Travels.

Room tip: Higher up great vews
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dogSaskatoon
CMBIxtapa, Director General at Barcelo Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Guest,
We appreciate the time you took to share us a feedback on the attention you received during your stay with us. We consider very seriously your comments to make improvements in our service. We would appreciate the honor to be your hosts again and serve as you deserve.
For further assistance, contact us to: ixtapa.sdh@barcelo.com and / or ixtapa.rrpp3@barcelo.com
Sincerely, Lorenzo Silva | Subdirector

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I stayed here during March break 2017. The hotel is nice, and not super luxurious or pristine but definitely a nice property, and worth the money paid. The hotel staff are all very pleasant. I can't think of anything negative to say. Try it, you'll like it!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
CMBIxtapa, Director General at Barcelo Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest:
We appreciate your comments and recommendations regarding our service in this property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the same time we are proud to continue making efforts and providing the best service, we share your comments with our staff.
We expect having your preference again. (We await your visit again).
Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit to Barceló Ixtapa.

Sincerely, Gloria López | Director

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The building needs to be upgraded. Hotel is in general clean but old. Specially, the bedroom's bathroom. The beds are very hard, but to my surprise we slept well. The hotel location itself is good. The location relative close to the airport. The ocean view is great from hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank juanaE2783US
CMBIxtapa, General Manager at Barcelo Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear Guest:

We thank you specially for the time that you took to let us know your comments about the services provided during your recent stay, your remarks are very appreciated as they help us to improve our service.

Sincerely.
Gloria López | Director

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I arrived from California Aug 3er. Looking forward to stay at hotel Barcelo in Ixtapa when I approached the FD Sandra checked me in. When I was checking in I made my reservation for 3 people and pre-paid for it in advance. When I arrive I was told it was only paid for 2 when I showed proved that i payed for 3 Sandra note her head and said no it's only for 2 adults, so I had to pay again a total of around 2,000 pesos more and I also add a bigger room and ended up paying inadition 9,000 pesos.Every time I approached the FD desk to ask for recommendations in the local area FD staff would want to charge me more and thier story was we made a mistake on the room rate and we need to charge in additional 5000 pesos I paid them several times and I did'nt feel comfortable to ask for any help of recommendations in the area beacuse they always wanted to charge me extra, The FD agents that I ask questions where Daniela Carreras, Lucero,Yair(Great guy),Leslie, by the way Leslie did an amazing job in checking me out upon departure and Rene Bellmen helped us a lot good serivice from Rene.The rest of the staff was ok my compliant is that the staff wants to charge twice for everything you just need to be careful when booking at hotel Barcelo because is full of unexpected surprises...I checked out and went to a different hotel just a couple hotels down, and they treated me like king and no surprises at all and the food is delicious. I ended up staying at the new hotel for a full after my bad experience at hotel Barcelo.....

After we left Barcelo to the other hotel me and my family were happy...I might give Barcelo one more try in Sep but I will have to think about it. I travel to Ixtapa one a month or ones every two months. I would like to establish a relation with a great hotel in Ixtapa I have tried several and so far I only like one thatI have stayed 3 times this year.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ELGRDO
CMBIxtapa, General Manager at Barcelo Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time to share your comments regarding the attention and service received during your stay. We regret not having met the expectations you had about us. Barceló Hotels is always looking for customers who have honored us with their selection, they are satisfied in any of our properties, therefore we would appreciate allow us to be your hosts once again and serve as you deserve.

Gloria Lopez | Director

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Location, staff, amenities and food were very good! Everything is extremely clean and safe. Great sport massages.
Beware of bookings on line. We were led to believe there is resort credit which did not exist.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
CMBIxtapa, General Manager at Barcelo Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your comments and recommendations regarding our service in this property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the same time we are proud to continue making efforts and providing the best service.

We expect having your preference again. (We await your visit again).

Gloria López | Director