3,064 results
All reviews private beach bella vista lobby bar brisa ii el mexicano solarium restaurant bellavista restaurant breakfast buffet all inclusive package mobility issues cocktail hour all inclusive plan quiet resort sitting area baby turtles ocean view cab ride
Reviewed 16 December 2015

A fabulous property with wonderful service. If you are looking for a relaxing and beautiful place to stay for any time of the year, this is it. The rooms are wonderful and all face the ocean and the setting sun. The beach is geographically private to the hotel, where servers are at hand to address your beverage requirements and serve lunch from a reasonably varied menu. The surf is moderate much of the time, and the beach is patrolled by 2 lifeguards for safety. Our three children, ages 5 - 12, all girls, love the beach. In addition, there are 3 swimming pools, one with its own waterfall, one for adults only, and another for toddlers. There are also 5 dining choices on the property. The buffet breakfast is wonderful. Las Brisas is family friendly, and attracts guests from Mexico as well as internationally. My family has been going there for 20 years, multiple times each year, and we find that this is the norm. Once you have been to Las Brisas, you keep returning. We see many others who have made this their regular holiday stop. Prices are moderate, less so during the holiday seasons, Christmas and Spring Break. Zihautenejo is a 15 minute cab ride at a very modest cost. Ixtapa is walking distance. The airport is about 20 minutes to the hotel by taxi.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike K
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Dear Guest:

The nice review of your March 2015 stay is really appreciated.

We feel very proud when our guests share their experiences with us, since it is very important to see if we are in the right way to a continuous improvement.

Thank you for your kind preference and look forward to welcome you back at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

We have been to this resort 8 times now. We do keep coming back probably mainly for the staff. They are beyond excellent. There has been some changes for the positive. The buffets that are held in main restaurant Bellavista is great. Especially when they are grilling steaks or fish. Everything was excellent. Also it was nice to see new umbrellas by the pool. I still don't like having to pay for caeser salad and flambé desserts or any main courses that are not lobster. For example there is only about 30% of main courses in the Italian restaurant that are available for no extra charge. Another issue that I would hope they would correct is no where else have we ever stayed where you have to pay for any food on departure day. Here your last meal is breakfast on departure day. If your flight leaves in the afternoon you end up paying for that. You don't arrive in time for lunch so you are not getting more than three meals a day even if they gave you lunch. Another issue which may sound silly but it is a huge deal to us is they now put bracelets on you. By the second or third day they are getting Rough and stiff and and scratching you at night and in the shower. It really is too bad they implemented this. It was another huge draw for us at this resort that you did not feel tagged and branded when you were here. Talked to several other repeat guests and none of them can figure out why they implemented the bracelets? You sign for everything here food beverages everything. So really no idea as to why they are doing this. The bracelets do make it feel like a less classy place. Don't get me wrong we will probably come back but I will continue to grumble anout the bracelets if they keep them.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AlbertaGirl
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing the review related to your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

Due to the fact that we have different meal plans (no meals or breakfast or semi inclusive), we decided to use bracelets for those guests on Brisas Plan (semi inclusive), in order that our staff may detect them easily. Even though our guests reserved on BP, their consumption bills have to be signed for a better control.

We appreciate your kind preference and look forward to welcome you back at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

We gave this hotel a great review two years ago but boy has it changed.First it is in need of updating especially at the pool area.Next when we visited last time the staff were great and many spoke English this time it was the exact opposite.I developed a stomach virus and was stuck in bed for three days.the television only had two news stations in English and the rest in Spanish.My only option was pay movies but could not get them to work. My wife called the front desk and they sent a serviceman who spoke no English and could not resolve the problem. over two days seven (yes seven )time they came to the room twice three at a time,changed tv sets three times. Sick as I was I went to the front desk and demanded the manager who was not available but the assistant manager came( after ten minutes) I told her the set was going over the front patio if not fixed she explained the whole floor was having the problem which I immediately shot back that she was lying because they had offered to send us to another room on our floor just a few minutes ago with a set that they assured me would work.She said they would change that set to our room and have the manager call me in a few minutes.I am still waiting to hear from the manager.The last night we had the concierge make reservations at El Fargo and she made the wrong time reservation(the concierge barely spoke English)

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank fisherman65
HelloLBI, Gerente at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

Dear Guest:

We appreciate the opinion posted about your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we will pay special attention and take corrective measures in order to avoid this type of situations.

Thank you and hope you will give us the opportunity to regain you confidence and goodwill in a near future.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

I think every room in the hotel faces the ocean and therefore has a perfect view of every sunset as does the lounge....I spent several days here during the week between Christmas and New Year's Day..... the hotel has its own private beach with plenty of chairs and umbrellas for shade.....my room had a patio with a hammock that I could lay in and look up at the stars at night which sounds a bit trite but it was fantastic........I found it so peaceful....

Room Tip: I would try to get a room that is not directly above the lounge......
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Kennedypm
HelloLBI, Gerente at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for your kind review concerning your January 2015 stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We were happy to know you had a great experience and enjoyed our services and facilities.
Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future to Las Brisas Ixtapa.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

The hotel was practically deserted until the weekend, when the locals filled up the hotel. The hotel is showing it's age with the elevators not working at times and the beds are not comfortable at all. So if you have a bad back, then I suggest you stay somewhere else. There is a lot of walking, so if you are not physically able, then you should not stay here. The pools are fantastic and the beach is a lot of fun, since it is in a protected cove. The cleaning staff and the staff in the restaurants are terrific but be sure to check your bills. We were told that water bottles were included, except from the honor bar, but it turns out it was only the two little bottles they give you in the bathroom on your first day, not the coffee packs or large water bottle that is out on the dresser. Wifi and breakfast was included in our rate, but several times they tried to charge us for our son's meal and made me go up to talk to the check-in staff to get it resolved. Bring bug spray, since the little ants that are everywhere, will bite you while you are sleeping. If you are willing to overlook these issues, you can't beat the price for the views and location. The only real problem I had was that Las Brisas takes money from the taxi drivers for picking up and dropping off their guests. It doesn't affect our costs, but I thought it was terrible for these hard working people. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure it is a standard practice among hotels in the area.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason1932

Dear Guest:
We appreciate very much the review in reference to your recent stay at Las Brisas Ixtapa.
We are sorry if there was a misunderstanding with your son’s meal charges, which were clarified and resolved.
In reference to your comment about the taxi drivers, any hotel of the area collects or takes money off from them, the hotels give them permission to stop by with the only objective to provide our guests with an excellent transportation service to and from the hotel. Some of our requirements to the Taxis Association is to have their cars clean, in good condition and the driver wears a uniform and be well groomed.
Hope to host you again in the not too distant future.