All reviewsoutdoor showercondozihuapropertyairportoceanpoolsmexico
Reviewed 19 January 2018

The moment you walk into Las Palmas you feel a wave of peace go through your body. Everything about this place makes you feel at ease. The apartment I stayed in was absolutely beautiful. Nothing better than waking up, looking up and seeing the ocean in front of you. The restaurant was delicious, especially those fish sopes for lunch became my guilty pleasure! The staff always had a lovely attitude and made me feel welcome. The beach itself was a dream. We literally saw dolphins and whales not too far from where the waves crash, I was left in awe of this hidden gem. Definitely recommend staying here, I myself plan on going back SOON!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Las Palmas L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Las Palmas Luxury Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you very much for your comments on our property, we look forward to see back soon.
Kindly Regards
Las Palmas Luxury Villas

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We stay in Zihua proper for our 2-week to 1-month stay each year, but always book a night or two off the beaten path so we can experience new places and expand our horizons. One of those places this year was Las Palmas on Playa Blanca. First off, the property is pristine, beautiful, breathtaking. The pictures are amazing, but seeing it in person is incredible. We had one of the "Beach Suites" -- great private ocean-side space, killer outdoor shower, cooling tub, AC, TV, bluetooth speaker (provided). We hung out by the pool all by ourselves, had some great drinks (great poolside service), then changed clothes and headed to the beach side restaurant for dinner. My husband and I both agree that this was OUR BEST meal of our entire visit - we both had dorado and baked potato - I know it sounds rather basic, but it was prepared in such a way that we were both left momentarily speechless. We talked about that dinner for days! We then retreated to our suite where we lounged on the hammock, listened to the waves, and cooled off in the cooling tub. Breakfast the next morning was great, although the mimosa prices were ridiculously high (but it was my birthday, so what the heck). Overall, a phenomenal property on a very beautiful, quiet beach - pure perfection!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Las Palmas L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Las Palmas Luxury Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you very much, we are glad that you enjoy your stay and the overall experience at Las Palmas, we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

If you want seclusion this is the place. 15 minutes by taxi from Zihua. The food was great! Lack of shade was disappointing! The grounds are well kept and the staff was awesome. Very “buggy” when we visited. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. Disappointed in resort management though. We ran out of tp several times and bath towels were taken and not replaced. There are no activities on site other than what you create or bring with you. No beach vendors was nice. Bring a boogie board.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris R

Thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate your feedback and we will take care on improving our product & services. We hope to see you back soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 28 December 2017

My stay at Las Palmas was overall pretty good, the food was above average but my impression was that there is a bit of growing pains with this "new" location. I stayed in one of the beachfront suites so this review is for that room and not one of the 2-3 bedroom condos which make up most of this property. Please note this fact as I think it would be the difference in a good or really good stay.

What I liked most was the pool, ocean-front location and the food (shrimp tacos were excellent and breakfasts were top notch). Pricing seemed a bit odd for a few items (veg soup at 170 pesos when the lobster is only 300 and beer at 35 pesos and then a margarita is 130 pesos). Again, overall it was pretty good food - even the filet (beef) was good and it is hard to find good steak on Mexico sometimes!

-Pools were great - beautiful and main pool overlooked the ocean and was so nice to be in.
-Ocean was lively but no rocks out front of the location so only nice ocean floor - just the standard pacific ocean swimming, so you kinda have to know your stuff to ensure nobody gets washed away.
-Bed was very comfy, I slept well here.

As mentioned the room we stayed in was a beachfront suite so the physical location is pretty nice, private yard space with chairs/hammock/table/fridge/small plunge pool. Air conditioning worked very well if I had to say (remote control so you can turn off A/C in the middle of the night so it doesn't get cold for the mornings!).

Things I found not great (or odd) were no room phone or WiFi/internet in this room (or the pool deck for that matter) - I get the "disconnect" angle, but I didn't request this or specifically look for this so it was a bit awkward when you are presented with it. Also, there was a coffee maker and water jug that simply were not stocked (no coffee for the maker and no water ever filled in the jug) - housekeeping just didn't stock it each day and for the price paid you should really get something as there is isn't even a mini-bar or room service. Breakfast doesn't start until 8:30am at the earliest as well.

Also, the specific room we were in was also odd as the glass patio doors (both the bathroom and bedroom) did not lock. The bedroom had wooden shutters that had the decorative wooden latch that acted like a lock but there was no real lock and the bathroom doors out to the outdoor shower had 2 broken latches. The room is ground floor and on a public beach - this fact literally made anyone I told about it say they would never stay in that room.

I hate to pile on here, but the oversized 'peep-hole' on the front door to this room also did not lock so anybody outside your door can open it and literally put there arm through and unlock the front door. At a minimum, the peep-hole can be opened from the outside and it looks straight into the bathroom that has glass doors to the shower. So if you have the curtains from the bedroom to the bathroom open, anybody outside your room can look through this little door and watch you shower! HA, I thought it was funny and just kept the curtains closed but it is not well thought out at all.

Okay, the service was good but I don't say great as I arrived to my pre-paid reservation and they had nothing reserved for me. I got a room easily but it was added on the spot. I pre-paid my room and booked directly with Las Palmas (not Expedia or 3rd party site) and they still didn't have my reservation. Not a great start. Got a room within the hour and the staff are really nice, don't let anyone tell you they are not - very helpful as well. They would do almost anything you asked with a smile - but you often had to ask for them to do it. Order a lime with your beer, every following beer will not have lime unless you ask again. No water with meals unless you ask and it will only be a bottled water. Menu doesn't say what is included in items or what comes as the side - you have to ask for each item and often the same item will look different the next time you have it. Order a steak, you don't get a steak knife, etc. All things that are not major but most upscale places would be able to handle these things easily.

Tips are pretty standard and included on your bill at 15% - if you order food from the restaurant and have it delivered to your suite (they call this room service) you will pay 25% as a tip. You can settle up after each meal or at the end of the day if you want.

Also, mosquitoes are fierce after sunset. The rooms come with cans of "Off" and the restaurant offers it to you as well but those bugs are serious. We were able to stay outside only about 45 minutes after dusk before it became unbearable. So by 7pm, we were in our room for the night, each night.

Overall most of my room issues would be settled with booking one of the 2 or 3 bedroom condos (I think) but as a couple we don't need that. The service will only get better and they are already very friendly and it is a nice location away from it all. This is why it gets a 4 out of 5 even with the hiccups mentioned. I am glad I finally stayed at this property but most likely will not return (unless maybe with family to enjoy a larger suite).

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandy_Calgary

Thank you very much Sandy for your comments, we are already turning our attention to the room details you mention and on the track of improving our food & beverages and services in general, we would like to have the opportunity to host your holiday anytime and do not hesitate on contacting us if a family vacation is near and you can look to our larger suites and new offerings and services on the short term.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at Las Palmas and was very impressed. The villas were top notch as well as the staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful and well laid out. We ate at the restaurant several times and the food was always delicious. I’ll definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Indira H, Revenue Manager at Las Palmas Luxury Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for sharing your comment on TA.

We are happy to read that you had a wonderful stay at Las Palmas, we work really hard to make the vacations of our Guests really memorable.

We will be happy to welcome you again!

Regards