All reviewsthe pubfrench doorschateaubriandby the glassleaving earlysmoked salmonlovely mealbooked dinnercountry hotelvisiting windsorcomfortable roomsevery member of staffascot racesa wonderful staymy colleaguelovely roomfull english
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Really nice country pub and the beer very well kept. The food we had for lunch was very nice being a Crayfish omelette and Sausage and mash, but we were looking more for a lighter lunch like a sandwich but unfortunately not available only full meals. But the meals were very good.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We stayed in this country pub for 2 nights, rooms are adequate, comfortable, chintzy and yes the plumbing is a little noisy but this didn't bother us. Room was also spotless as well as the bathroom but cheap toiletries ( Lucky i had taken my own). Lovely country location but for us a little too much out of the way, it is not set in what I would call a village it is up a lane off a main pass through road, so nothing else really in walking distance. We ate dinner for the 2 nights there in the pub and the food was very good as also was the breakfast. No complaints for a couple of nights but would not stop longer. However, if I lived locally i would most definitely return for dinner!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2016

The food while by no means cheap is excellent and the pub is in a very attractive position, The beer from Uphams is also a very good pint. However, and I am really not sure why this, the service is at best indifferent, rather slow and grudging.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek W
Brandon K, Manager at The Winning Post, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

Dear Derek,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at The Winning Post. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the food and beer, but extremely disappointed to know that you received less than our standard level of service. Every single member of staff strives to deliver a personal and consistent level of service and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel that this was shown throughout your visit.

I would be delighted to discuss this with you in more detail and welcome you to contact me, via email on manager@winningpostwinkfield.co.uk, alternatively call the restaurant on 01344 882242 and ask to speak to myself.
Best wishes,
James Mercer

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Not need here for about 5 years when it was called The cottage inn
Not the best menu very limited choice so choose the hake off the special board
And pleased I did the fish was perfect will go back again when I an in the area

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We visited for Sunday Lunch the food was of very high quality however the service was somewhat lacking, the front of house greeted us with a stern face then to be told we had incorrectly booked and that it was our fault not hers as we were two places short on our table, we then asked several times for a number of drinks and waited over 30mins for ours plates to be cleared away, veg in the middle of the tables was not cleared away even when our pudding came.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family