“Good Food and Beer, great location....and impeccable taste in music!”
Review of Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Braunston
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have visited here once a year for the last 5 - 6 years. This was our first time eating there. 8oz Burger/Pattie for me, which was good (could have done with a little more seasoning for my taste...but thats me being picky). Brie and Bacon with cranberry for my better half. All served looking great, perhaps a little over genourous with the green salad leaves and with very tasty chunky chips and a fab coleslaw. Decent ales available too....all in a fabulous location! Its quirky and homely. I like the music themed posters etc...and with these including Led Zep, Stones, Hendrix, Beatles etc...the landlord is obviously a person of outstanding class! I play in several high class bands and would welcome an invitation to play at the venue during their August music festival!

1  Thank aajrodwell

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Brilliant pub located lock side on the Grand Union Canal. Friendly staff occupy the bar with a good menu and range of beers and wines.
The steak baguette cooked to your style is superb and a great family favourite in our house.
Chairs and umbrellas are available outside overlooking the canal
A busy lock in the summer makes great viewing for the canal enthusiast
A MUST Pub to visit

1  Thank Malcolm D
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic home-made food, relaxed and friendly service. The fish and chips were 2 for the price of 1 on the night we visited so it made the prices really reasonable, and the home-made mushy peas were delicious. Generous portions.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Cannot speak highly enough about this place.

Called in for an evening meal, after it was recommended by some boaters I met during the day (I was in the middle of a boat trip, going north).

Lovely building, easy mooring nearby, excellent service, and THE BEST food I've had for a long time.

It was only Burger and Chips that I had, but it really was perfect in every respect. Burger juicy, chips just amazing.

Such a pleasant change to pubs that have been taken on by chains, and are now no more than soulless 'outlets'.

The food was maybe 1 or 2 pounds more expensive than elsewhere, but WORTH EVERY PENNY.

I will definitely plan a return visit!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The service was very good the food was of a class beyond our expectations,
I had rib eye that was cooked to perfection. I’m a bit of a food snob but our meals were OUTSTANDING..

1  Thank Dlnmses111