All reviews playa carrizalillo beautiful garden the owner chilaquiles short walk the entire staff our honeymoon mexico city the main street home away from home every morning beach club angie sculptures beaches puerto cafecito
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Such a low-key, gorgeous place. We went for a quick weekend to escape Mexico City and are so happy we found this hotel. The room was super cozy, SPOTLESS, and actually exceeded my expectations. The location is fantastic - there are plenty of restaurants within a short distance and the best beach is just a block or two away (then 100 stairs down to the beach, but it makes the first dip in the water that much better).
Service was exceptional and they were extremely accommodating to our needs.
Breakfast was great and with very hearty portions.
We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Pto Escondido.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018

This is it. You found it. This place is the most wonderful hotel/home (It feels like a home) that I've ever stayed in. There is a gorgeous, lush garden, which you wind your way through to get to your lovely room. No TV (believe me, you don't want it or need it when you're here). All there is, is a lovely shower, a huge bed, and a gorgeous cafe outside to get your morning chilaquiles and cafe.
I stayed here with my husband on our honeymoon. We told the (WONDERFUL) owners that it was our honeymoon and (without telling us) they set up a bottle of wine, fresh tropical fruit and flowers in our room. They adorned our doorway with a wreath of flowers. I was beyond touched, but that's the kind of service you get here. It is a home away from home, it is beautiful, secret, and perfect. If you're the kind to choose Disneyland as top vacation, don't come here. If you're someone looking for peace, relaxation, and a beautiful time (they have a free library, too!) then this is for you.

Room tip: All the rooms are amazing. You cannot go wrong.
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I agree with many of the other reviews: the setting of the place is exceptional, not the least because of the gardens. However, there is more: the owner apologized for the smallness of my room, so I assume I had one of the smaller units--but I was very comfortable. The separate bathroom was newly renovated and contemporary. The housekeeping was impeccable, sheets were changed regularly. The assistant Ivanna did a fantastic job: she contacted me in advance about my arrival, and gave me advice as far as taxis were concerned -- which helped me save a bunch of pesos! Also, Ivanna arranged for a driver to pick me up when I left, proactively, without me asking. The attentiveness was exceptional. The location is also notable: in the Rinconada neighborhood of Puerto Escondido, close to a whole bunch of really good restaurants and a small supermarket. Playa Carrizalillo, one of the most stunning beaches that I have ever seen, is literally just a few minute's walk from the hotel. I would come back any time.

Room tip: walking distance to beach, paradisal setting
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Wow wow wow, this place is beautiful, the gardens, the location, but mostly the staff made me feel welcome, Ivanna is amazing, she took care of different things for us, she went out of her way to make us feel welcome and comfortable, I will definitely go back again. They a have a Restaurant in sight which serves breakfast, Rosy the Chef, cooks some food out of this world, the chilaquiles verdes are my favorites, the fruit salad and the coffee, the artisan bread and the home made marmalade is excellent. but i can't say anything less about them, even Chepe the garden keeper is very respectul and helpful. Just one thing I would like to add and had nothing to do with the staff, but an improvement for the hotel, the rooms need Air condition, just he fan is not enough for the heat associated with the humidity, other than that, i would not change anything else, i will visit them again, any time soon,

Room tip: Any room is nice, its small 4 room hotel, you can't go wrong on choosing this hotel
Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The host is incredibly welcoming and helpful. The hotel is very clean. The garden is peaceful and is nice to sit in a hammock. The internet works well, and the beach is very close by. When you go down stairs to the beach I like sitting on the left side. Get some beers and sit in the chairs so you don't have to pay for a lounge chair. Cafecito nearby is a great little restaurant, as well as the one that begins with an M Mando? On Playa Zipolite (The Surfing Beach). There are many restaurantes and shops right near the hotel, especially the tile shop has beautiful artwork. The art within Macondo hotel is excellent. Sculptures, paintings, furniture. Everything is original and must have been done by a very prolific artist. When in Puerto Escondido, this is an excellent place to stay if you want a place that is clean, affordable, and peaceful with an excellent host!

Room tip: The room with outdoor kitchen was nice
Date of stay: April 2018