All reviews la punta gorgeous grounds swimming pool stayed for two weeks palm trees nice pool rooms are clean make you feel at home yoga kitchen paradise puerto chlorine compound ocean cocos hippie
Reviewed 14 September 2018

I've been to Puerto Escondido the last three years, but this is the first year I stayed at Casamar Hotel. After my stay, I am wishing it was my third time! The owner, Wilets, and his staff bend over backwards to make your stay the most comfortable and secure ever. He even hosted a meet and greet party for the hotel guests and some local residents that included a full home cooked dinner and drinks. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, pool well maintained and air conditioning in every room!

Room Tip: No elevators for the second floor, so if you can't make it up one flight of stairs, book on the first floor.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
willsawyer, Owner at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thanks so much for your review. We truly enjoy welcoming people to Puerto and to Casamar.
We enjoy putting on the Monday sunset social hour with drinks and dinner so that guests, friends and neighbors can meet and talk about Puerto. We love that you loved the gardens and chlorine-free pool. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I love the gardens, the food in the cafe is delicious, the friendly service, It feels like Family, no chlorine in the pool, no smoking, no bar, no TVs in the Suites, lots of green grass, Hammocks between the palm trees, 3 minutes from the beach. Many murals on the walls of the building. Fenced in compound for great security. Community library
and TV room. Yoga every day as well as aqua fit in the pool. I love the cats. and now and then a dog. I love this place and just keep coming back.

Stayed: August 2018
willsawyer, Owner at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thanks so much for your review. We love it that you appreciate our focus on healthy living and well-being.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

It is the best place to stay in Puerto Escondido for sure! Nice pool without chlorine and a very beutiful garden and a very friendly owner. Besides there is yoga and aqua aerobics for free. You can spend very relaxing days there.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Maria for your kind review. We are happy you enjoyed the chlorine-free pool and took advantage of our daily yoga and agua gym classes. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Treated ourselves to the 'romantic suite' and were blown away at the top floor suite we found ourselves in, with a prime view of the ocean. Close to the lively La Punta area, south of Puerto, the hotel provides the perfect balance of seclusion with proximity to great local restaurants and bars. Not to mention the fabulous garden and on site amenities... You almost don't need to leave the grounds. Our stay at Casamar was a real treat and we highly recommend it

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gavin M
willsawyer, Owner at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you so much, Gavin, for your kind review. We love the fact that you enjoyed the ocean view from the Cocos rooftop suite and the La Punta area, which is the intermediate surfing beach in Puerto Escondido and still has a strong sense of an authentic Mexican pueblo. We're happy you enjoyed the fresh gardens and palm-surrounded grounds. We hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I recently stayed at Casamar Suites Hotel and I am so very glad I did. I found it to be very comfortable and quiet. I loved the chlorine free, copper ionized pool. I also loved the staff who were extremely welcoming, helpful and kind.. 5 star service!! Casamar is situated just a short walk to the thriving little surf town of La Punta on Playa Zicatela. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank 4321llisa
willsawyer, Owner at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thanks so much for your kind review. We're happy to know you loved the chlorine-free pool, so much healthier. We're also glad you loved the staff's attention.
We look forward to seeing you again!