See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2015

I stayed for two weeks at this hotel in a double room, having breakfast and lunch at the open air restaurant upstairs. My room was cleaned every day, I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere in the garden, appreciated the helpful and serviceminded staff, enjoyed the good food of the restaurant with a view to nearby Ziccatela beach. The hotel is right by the beach wellknown for surfing. I spent Eastern hollidays here, and Puerto Escondido changed from being a quite and preaceful town, to becoming a crowded partyplace. Loud music from bars till early morninghours disturbed some nights sleep, but soon after hollidays ended, there where peace and quite again. Maybe avoid peak season, if you like the more "tranquil" experience of charming Puerto Escondido. Altogether I will warmly recommend Hotel Arcoiris for anyone going to this beautiful surfers paradise.

Room tip: Rooms not in front of the beach and street, will be more quite at night.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2015

Everyone was really sweet. The grounds are beautiful, food very good, views from restaurant superb, coffee delicious. But if you want to sleep....3 or 4 nights the loudest disco ever plays just across the road on the beach. till 3 am not fun for us..we finally got moved away from the street but still had to wear earplugs. Price for our room was fair.

Room tip: stay away from the street
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2015

We tried several hotels in PE and this was our last.
Central location, beautiful garden, nice big pool, ok rooms, so so restaurant.
Most of the hotels in PE seem to be stuck in the seventies. They are basic accommodation at reasonable rates.
The biggest turn off, totally nothing to do with the hotel, was the fact that we didn't get any sleep for 2nights due to the fact that there was a Reggae concert untill 6am. The base being so strong that it rattled the windows continuously. All the hotels along the beach were affected by this.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2014 via mobile

The last time I was in Puerto Escondido I stayed at the Arco Aires the pool was not even finished yet but everyone that work there was great when I come back I will be staying at the Arco Aires for sure

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Puerto Escondido has blossomed in recent years and there are many new hotels at every price range. Hotel Arcoiris is an older hotel with parking, pool, restaurant, wi-fi,and landscaped grounds. It is across from the longest beach (Zicatela) which has many beachfront restaurants. However, there is almost always a dangerous undertow at Zicatela. We went to the beach nearer to town (to the right as you exit the hotel) where you can see the fishing boats but not near to them -- good bodysurfing. We had drinks at the upstairs restaurant/bar at sunset and the drinks were good and there was live music some nights. Our room was very large with an overhead fan which was like a jet but we were on the ground floor and I got warm at night even with the fan. There are rooms with air conditioners and I think the higher rooms will be cooler at night. Although my friend liked the hotel, I think I would look for one nearer to the beach where we bodysurfed. In low season, the beachside bar/restaurants provide lounge chairs with umbrellas for free if you buy drinks or snacks, which we did.

Room tip: The weather during the early part of the year can be very hot at Puerto Escondido so you may want to ask for an air conditioned room or one higher up where you can get some ocean breezes. All rooms have porches or balconies.
Date of stay: March 2014