“Great location and genuinely dog friendly”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
pugh_greg
Ruthin, United Kingdom
“Great location and genuinely dog friendly”
Reviewed 16 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Actual dog friendly place. small enclosed garden. tiled floors in lounge, owner very relaxed and actually owns dogs. Location is good for south and north coast. close to trainline.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Lancashir...
Lancashire
“avoid”
Reviewed 27 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

the photographs look idyllic and the description matched the photographs BUT...... these must have been taken several years ago because they are totally unrepresentative of reality. For a start, the gardens, once carefully planted are now overgrown with weeds and brambles.....although the owner does mow the approx. 4' wide strip of grass. The steps are dark and quite dingy - there are no pretty flower baskets on the wall. While the front of the outside has clearly been given a lick of paint (its white not yellow as portrayed) the side and rear are the original yellow....now flaking. the patio furniture illustrated on the photo has been replaced with rusty metal table and a couple of chairs - although there are a couple of metal tubs with evergreens. no flowers. Because the whole building is in the shadow of the old disused mill (doesn't look as in good nick as it does on the photos) the patio and inside are very dark. if you look at the photos on the website you will see all the lights are on. When we arrived the owner asked us to move our car away from the mill because there was a danger of falling tiles....so don't walk too near! Once inside - everywhere is dark and on face value looks clean....a decent (if not 4 tick) place as a base. The fridge and cooker and inside cupboards are immaculately clean and there is more than enough utensils, crockery, cutlery etc. The towels are soft and fluffy but the bed linen which was laundered, is very old and has seen better days - probably better days in the 80's. It was when I closed the bedroom door that I noticed the cobwebs....and dirt on skirting boards. So I looked further, in all corners there were cobwebs, even inside the shelving unit. not just strands of fine gossamer one might expect in a rural setting....thick felt like cobwebs often still inhabited with huge 'huntsman' spiders. The bathroom was also a blast from the past as was the mildew around the tiles, the basin is cracked. As for water....a facility that one expects.....the pressure is so low you have to be patient and wait but the hot water is very limited. So much so, it ran out and I had to get my husband to boil a kettle and make up jugs of water to rinse my hair. Other surprises....a half chewed dog toy under a piece of furniture ( I pushed it back so well done if you find it!) A dirty old sock under the bed (we discarded that....sorry if it was yours) There are some pleasant experiences....families of rabbits roam freely and are very cute to watch, and the station just a short walk away is a godsend. The owner is really friendly....but don't expect to be left alone for a romantic escape. He did ask on a daily basis (sometimes more often) if everything was alright and there are signs up asking to notify problems....but I couldn't bring myself to say, you need to redecorate and clean this property properly....so I added to the visitors book and was amazed that no one eels had ever made similar comments. Our holiday was wonderful....you cant fail to enjoy beautiful Cornwall but the cottage is nothing as described...it may have been some years ago. I wouldn't have booked it if it had shown accurate photographs, I was looking for a 4 or 5 tick property and this does not make the grade at all.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
1 Sep 2015
Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry that you encountered problems during your stay and can see that you have spoken with our Customer Services team in regards to your concerns. We have shared this feedback with the property owner and our quality assurance team to ensure that these issues are rectified moving forward. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the beauty of Cornwall and wish you all the best for the future - Sykes Cottages
tunbridge wells
Reviewed 21 October 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Belper
Reviewed 29 August 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
hockley essex
Reviewed 5 December 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing