All reviewsthe pubst ivesfresh crab sandwicheslovely log firefantastic pubfavourite pubbeer gardencoastal pathscampi and chipsham ploughmanslovely lunchcape cornwalllovely locationcarbis bayoverlooking the seaan evening mealsingle room
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We walked with our dog across the fields from Wicca to Zennor which takes about 35 minutes, we were all welcomed at The Tinners Arms by friendly staff and a lovely log fire in the main bar. The bar is traditional and cosy and had games available, we played Scrabble as a family.

The food was good, home made spicy tomatoes soup, a hearty ploughmans with 3 local cheeses, and local ham, eggs and chips. StAustell brewery beer on tap to supplement our lunch.

We highly recommend this lovely Pub....!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Well, what can I say?! This place NEVER fails to get it absolutely perfect. Every time.

Had dinner here last night after a three hour walk on he coastal path in glorious sunshine on my birthday. We arrived at about 4:45pm to a warm, snuggly atmosphere and a few people sat at the tables. We sat down right next to the roaring fire at a table for 2. I was pretty please to have got my favourite spot in the pub once again. We ordered drinks and started a game of Scrabble (they have board games on the side for you to play.)

Dinner was being served from 5:30pm that day and my partner and I were very excited as the food here is second to none. The menu looked great with a choice of fish, steak, cheek of beef, a veggie dish and more. We had a couple of starters of Smoked haddock goujons and honey chicken skewers. They were so tasty. Cooked to perfection!

We wanted to take our time with our food and have a bit of a break between starters and mains. We had both decided to go for the cheek of beef, mashed potatoes and kale. We then became aware that everyone else was ordering this so went to order at the bar. Unfortunately we just missed out on this dish as they had just run out. Goes to show how good it must have been if everyone was ordering it!

I decided on the steak, salad and chips and my partner had the lemon sole, curly kale and potatoes. Mine was to die for and my partner was very pleased with his. A shame we missed out on the beef but that was our mistake for being slow coaches! Plus, it's now an excuse to go back!

This place is just amazing. The food, the atmosphere, the friendly and hard working staff. I wouldn't change a single thing and we will continue to go back and recommend it to people. Such a special place and I'm glad I got to spend my birthday there.

See you soon and keep up the good work!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sadie V
Reviewed 11 February 2017

Two of us had dinner on a cold February night. Warm and welcoming, hearty food, just what was needed. Not to forget the excellent real ales on tap which kept Hubble happy. Vegetarian chilli very tasty.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Had supper here on a busy August 2016 evening while doing south west coast path. Had prime view of the bar area and we were entertained and impressed by the staff all evening. Despite the pressures of huge numbers turning up, they maintained a cheerful and efficient service, managing expectations and being polite to all. The ambiance in the bar was excellent.
Returned today after a very wet and muddy walk from St Ives. Tina and Vlad couldn't have been more welcoming. Excellent food and it was great to dry out in front of the open fire. Extra bonus was a lift back to st ives where we are staying. Thank you to both

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2017

Four of us had dinner on Saturday - and two of us went back twice in the same week for lunch - which says a lot about how good The Tinners really is. It is a warm and welcoming local pub/eating house - the staff are open and friendly - the food just amazing! The venison casserole was out of this world! The MooCow IceCream was stunning and the apple and almond crumble with custard to die for! The fish and chips were stunning and my friends tell me that the Mermaid beer was also a wonder to the taste buds! And all excellent value for money. I almost forgot to say how friendly the local drinkers are as well - if only more locals were like the Tinners our pubs would not closing as often as they do!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends