“Cosy Off Season Retreat”
Review of The Tinners Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zennor
The Tinners Arms
Ranked #2 of 6 Zennor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Stayed at the Tinners in Zennor and were looked after by excellent staff,
great food morning and night, fantastic pub with cosy fire & very attentive and careful service. The accommodation is fresh and clean. A very relaxing weekend stay in a beautiful part of the world. 5 mins walk from the Coast Path.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I have busting this part if cornwall for years; today I went to Zennor and made 2 trips to this pub. We popped in before our coastal walk for hot chocolates, warm welcome with a cosy roaring fire.
I left my hat behind so we went back for it and had lunch. My son and husband gad ham chips and ding dong eggs which was lovely. I had the ham ploughmans with GF bread. I was so imoresssed I could have GF bread!.
The pub is such a delight with friendly staff, we are pooping in again before home on Friday. You must visit this quaint place

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Called in here on Christmas eve because the gurnards head was closed, I can only say I've never been happier in hindsight that somewhere I wanted to go to was shut. We went down the road to this lovely traditional pub, that is dog friendly, to salvage the evening, boy what luck. Both the staff and locals were so nice it felt we had been known for years. The beers on tap were really good, plus draught Leffe, real log fire, and wonderful atmosphere. I ordered the steak rare, it was perfect, tender with a great taste, my wife ordered three starters because that what she does and she likes seeing me cry, all three were done to perfection. Would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Pub was busy, when boded well for the entertainment later, luckily got there early enough to get a table, warm welcoming fire, welcoming staff and excellent food. Juicy plump olives and pitta bread, followed by pheasant breast and garlic mash, very cheesy cauliflower, so good to be served a cauliflower cheese that actually tasted of cheese. Then delicious honeycomb ice cream from just down the road.
Service was excellent even though the pub was very busy, smiling friendly waiting and bar staff.
A very pleasant evening, singing was excellent too.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josephine L
Reviewed 9 December 2016

What a beautiful gem of a place this turned out to be. The pub itself is compact and bijou with all the charm of a quintessential ye olde English folk tale bursting to be told. Walking in was like passing into a land time forgot and as legend would have it, there be mermaids in them there parts - take a walk over to the church and go and see the 400 year old mermaids chair and read the legend! Of course it may be traditional in charm, but uber modern in terms of menu and bar stock. For all the whiskey connoisseurs they even have a lengthy menu. All the staff were down to earth and super hospitable. The barman even invented a winter cocktail for us! And the food is to die for. Fresh local produce, beautifully presented and mouth-wateringly delicious. We didn't really feel the need to explore further afield and it's a joy to eat in places that just get it right.

We also stayed at the B&B which has just been beautifully renovated very stylishly, whilst not losing it's quirky charm. The beds were comfortable, the shower was hot and the bathroom stocked with fluffy towels. It was super clean and had everything you needed. Breakfast was also rather spectacular. I had the full English featuring some mighty locally farmed sausages, served with fresh coffee in the modernised country kitchen. It really was a pleasure to stay there.

It's a great area to explore St Ives, which when you visit you'll understand why it's an artists mecca - the colours of the ocean are indescribable. We also visited Cape Cornwall, a short walk to the top of a headland with more spectacular views of the Atlantic as it crashes into the rocks below. There is also an excellent walk along the coast accessed right behind the pub. You can walk the 6 miles to St Ives, but we just had a gentle meander to the headland which again sports some idylic crystal blue waters in the cove below - you can certainly see why Mermaids frequent there and I dare say pirates stashed their treasures. Of course when the wind whips up a storm, it's a wonderful feeling to be snuggled up back in the pub by the fire with a good book - a perfect Sunday!

All in all it was a wonderfully wild and magic long weekend away, one I'd definitely recommend to anyone after a secluded wild getaway and a sprinkling of magic.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kelly B

Been to The Tinners Arms? Share your experiences!