“Dissappointed”

Leeward House B&B
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was very dissappointed by this B&B. I been recommended it by a friend of mine where we live in the local area, for christmas time. My family had booked the b&b for christmas only to be told that this was the full price they were charging for christmas and that they needed to stay a minium of 2 nights. They were then lead to believe the dog was wlecomed and free and the owner of the B&B informed them that the dog would be charged! I was very dissappointed that this had happened and i wouldnt reccomended it to anyone in my area particuarly as they hadn't got their prices correct for christmas! The b&b in my local area were very helpful and fortunely we were able to get somewhere else a lot closer by and not lead along the path! would not reccommend!

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Alice B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Excellent location, large airey room, great breakfast and our host George and his wife were wonderful. They have a beautiful garden to sit in and were most helpful suggesting places of interest and places to eat. We had a very enjoyable stay and hope to come back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BDsd
Wiltshire, England
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My colleague and I stayed here in June 2011 - we were working in the area and had to find somewhere fast, and the Leeward House fit the bill.

We were made to feel very welcome by the hosts, and whilst this place clearly isn't going to be the Beverly Hills Hotel for less than £50 per room per night, that's not what you're paying for - you get a decent room with shower/bathroom and a comfortable bed. There's a nice garden out back, a small breakfast room downstairs where George will prepare an excellent cooked English breakfast for you (included in the cost of the room), and you're only two minutes' walk from the sea, where you can take a pleasant stroll and look out towards the Isle of Wight as the sun sets. There are a few pubs/restaurants within easy walking distance too, if you need to grab an evening meal.

There is free parking outside for at least four cars, with more on the streets nearby, and there is free wireless internet access in all the rooms.

I can heartily recommend Leeward House - good value, a friendly welcome, and a first class breakfast await you here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Colchester
Reviewed 28 March 2011

There is only one way to describe Leeward House and that’s simply one of the best around! Whilst recently visiting a friend in the local area, I had the opportunity to stay in this luxury 4 star b&b and I must say I was impressed, the owner was very welcoming and friendly, the room was very clean, bed was comfy, had a TV, dvd’s to watch, central heating, power shower, hair dryer, full length mirror, en-suite, tea and coffee, you name it, it had it! And as for the breakfast, best I’ve had to date! Certainly above standard compared to others in the area with the added bonus of free broadband, driveway parking and a 3 minute walk from the sea front! Being a business man myself, I appreciate good customer service so I can’t recommend this guest house enough to anyone looking for accommodation for the night or weekend!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank timonline83
Littleport
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I felt compelled to write about such fantastic service received from my recent stay at Leeward House. I'm not usually one for compliments, but feel very much obliged to share my experiences with those that are contemplating a stay at this lovely little B&B in the beautiful south coast town of Lee on the Solent.

Found it fine, it had a lovely big sign outside which couldn't be missed. The room was absolutely spotless and very tastefully decorated. Plenty of wardrobe space for those staying a few nights. Free wi-fi was also a boon and a refreshing change from those small establishments that seem to use it as an extra revenue stream! A very comfortable nights sleep was had. There enough spare pillows to satisfy the most fussy of people, which includes me! A lovely cooked breakfast was prepared and there was more if I wanted it. A beautiful focal point was the garden, consisting of an ornamental pond, stocked with varieties of Koi Carp and Goldfish, surrounded by a small hedge that I wouldn't want to have the task of keeping perfectly trimmed, which it was!

The icing on the cake to it all was the service. George was a great host, who ensured I had everything I wanted and was very knowledgeable of the local area. A flawless stay, a great establishment that ticked all the boxes for me. I wish George and his establishment the best of success.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee-on-the-Solent
5.7 km away
0.8 km away
Apple Tree Cottage
Apple Tree Cottage
#8 of 8 in Lee-on-the-Solent

Been to Leeward House B&B? Share your experiences!