All reviewsfew blockswould stay here againgreat locationbreakfast servicerooms are hugeno elevatorbreakfast was includedboutique hotelmuseogilbertocesarmasmexicotodosamableac
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

This is a historic hotel just blocks away from the zocalo. It's just off that you won't get the noise from the zocalo, however an easy skip and jump to it. It is a converted colonial mansion of sorts, and oozes charm. As a result, most rooms are different and usually quite large. We got a room with a balcony overlooking the main street, which was quite nice and not too noisy. The AC worked well too.

Breakfast is great here. Everything we ordered was great. The patio in the back of the hotel is awesome with a waterfall. The staff were helpful although a fair number of them don't speak much English. However, it wasn't a big deal.

If I was back in Puebla, I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laminaria
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed this hotel very much. Very helpful and kind staff. A few blocks from zocalo so you miss the noise.

Small hotel with just 40 rooms. I recommend asking for a room in the back. The rooms in the front half either are exposed to the interior atrium (with small hotel restaurant that can be noisy if guests are rowdy) and/or the street. Room 7 is also right by the stairs, and is to be avoided.

Restaurant has great food and service. Spa is onsite. Gilberto is very helpful with your bags!

Note all rooms are on the second floor; no elevator.

Would stay here again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2016

I booked this hotel for two nights with the intention of finding a less expensive hotel once I arrived. But then, I walked into the room, saw the comfy queen size bed, noticed that there were plenty of towels (even a bathrobe), water to drink, hot shower, a safe in the room, chocolates on the bed and I said to myself "I'm gonna stay here for my extra five days as well. Now there is something you need to know. If you do a map search, Google Maps will probably send you to the wrong place if you do your search by the hotel name. Also, it is Avenida 9 Oriente and not Calle 9 Oriente. It is actually right around the corner from Museo Amparo, one of the best museums you will visit in Mexico. My room was in the back and was spectacularly quiet. If you come back to the hotel at night, you may actually walk right past it as they lock the doors. You will need to knock on the black doors and the guard will let you in.

Room Tip: If you come back to the hotel at night, will need to knock on the black doors.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

La Casona de San Antonio is an excellent colonial place where to stay . Staff is always eager to assist and help making the guest feeling like being at home. The menue has a great variety of delicious original Puebla dishes. The historical historical downtown. area is blocks away as well as thePuebla Catedral and Museums.
Anyone traveling to Puebla should stay here La Casona De San Antonio a place to remember.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank miguel M
Reviewed 6 March 2016

We stayed for 3 nights as part of a longer holiday in Mexico and chose this hotel from the reviews on Tripadvisor, the price and the location - we particularly wanted to stay in a colonial-style hotel.

We found the staff warm and friendly and the hotel comfortable and relaxing. Breakfasts were served in the courtyard and there was a good selection on offer.

We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple