“One of the best restaurants in Morelia ”
Review of Las Trojes

Las Trojes
Ranked #9 of 407 Restaurants in Morelia
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

There is nothing bad I can say about this place, except that it can get really crowded sometimes (cuz it's good!) so make sure to call and make a reservation if you want to have a nice table. It's difficult to park nearby, but they offer valet parking. The variety of Mexican dishes is excellent and you will not be disappointed by the "parrilladas" (please try one of those). The Tarascan soup here is to die for!! A little pricy, yes, but definitely worth it. Also, the environment is warm and cozy, great decoration!

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

If you like steak this is a good place to visit in Morelia. I recommend the Cecina as an appetizer, some guys at the table compared it to beef jerky, but I think that's heresy ha ha ha!
Instead of ordering the ribeye or fillet (as everyone else did), I went for a Mixed Molcajete, that includes steak, chorizo, Nopal (cactus) Cotija cheese, salsa and beans. A full plate with all the food groups.
We ordered several desserts but my favorite was the Chongos Zamoranos, made out milk and sweets.
If there's one thing you eat at Las Trojes, it's the Chongos.

1  Thank Aldo Q
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

We had a family meal here, and everything was brilliant - food, drinks and fantastic service. Nothing to fault and absolutely worth the visit and price!!

1  Thank AndyW2
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

10 of us met for lunch and everyones plate looked better than the other. I don't remember the word in Spanish but my mixed grill was very good. Had enough left over for a snack the next day.
Had an excellent red wine from the Baha area. I think I paid around $10 for a $25 meal back in US.
A Troje is a typical wooden indian house. Some can still be seen out in the country but others have been moved to peoples estates to have a part of history. 4 of them have been assembled here to make a very quaint restaurant with excellant tipico food and prices. Will go back.

Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

We were just there a couple hours ago and the service only got worst since we sat down, waiter sat us down and took our drink orders, we then had to ask for our menus cause he had took a long long time, he didnt even bother to come to the table but he answered from where he was as he continued folding some wraps, then he left us with the buzz boy to be in charge, i assume he was in trainning but nobody bother to let us know, the waiter kept passin by but not once came over to see how everything was doing, he only aproached to take the check back to get the tip, i'm not exagerating, we ordered a Salad with shrimp that not only didnt look appetizing at all but it tasted just as it looked, rest of the food just ok, i wouldn't recommend this place at all

1  Thank Eburme