“Fascinating Restaurant and Food”
Review of San Miguelito

San Miguelito
Ranked #1 of 448 Restaurants in Morelia
Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: San Miguelito Restaurant is a place where the past and the present meet, where you learn with your eyes to read silently what words can not say ....
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We had a special evening here with a group of twenty during Day of the Dead celebrations. Marian gave a beautiful overview of this amazing tradition. The restaurant is like a local art museum with everything available to purchase, even plates and glassware. Salad was divine and the pumpkin soup was so special. I was not fond of my tilapia (too dry for me) but everything else on the plate was so tasty. This place is not to be missed if you are in Morelia.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We ate in San Miguelito as we have one in Queretaro too.

The decor of this restaurant is exceptional. If you are a visitor to Mexico you won’t be disappointed. It’s really cozy in the evening and the food and service was brilliant. I really enjoyed my Chamoy Margarita.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This was recommended by Mexican colleagues. The decor is extraordinary, well worth a visit in itself but the food quality was mixed to say the least: my starter of air dried, cured strips of beef with lumps of hard cheese, salsa and tortillas was really good, as was the local speciality 'sopa tarasca' and the chicken mole...BUT my wife's Azteca salad was soggy with too much dressing, too much sweet corn and processed cheese with just a hint of courgette and red pepper. Her 'medium rare' steak was what my father-in-law would describe as shoe leather. Inedible. We gave feedback and left without dessert or coffee. There are better places in Morelia, such as the Restaurant Lu in the town centre. (See our review)

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We enjoyed a lot our dinner at San Miguelito, it is decorated lovely, plenty of Mexican handcrafts and symbols everywhere. Food is really good and service was nice. We went with little kids, they enjoyed the "rincón de las solteronas"

Reviewed 24 July 2017

The food is very good...the service is friendly and good. The major reason to go there is to enjoy the ambiance and marvel at all the arts and crafts...the gift shop has lots of interesting things that are reasonably priced...

All and all it is worth having a meal there...