“Nice Food, often live piano music, fresh flowers”
Review of Virrey de Mendoza

Virrey de Mendoza
Ranked #33 of 423 Restaurants in Morelia
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 June 2017

In my opinion, the food here was just average, but the architecture and presentation is worth a visit. The live piano music and large flower arrangements really add to the charm.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

The entrance terrace of this hotel is very nice for eating and watching the passerbys. Expect it to be leisurely. Two days ago I quickly got a table and placed my order for coffee, water, and a menu. After waiting for 20 minutes I went to the servers counter and got coffee and a menu. After another 20 of waiting to order breakfast, I gave up and went to the servers station to pay my bill, and had breakfast across the street to Lu. If/when you are able to get food, it's good. I especially like the chilled avocado soup. In sum, the restaurant is poorly managed with too few servers.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I went to this place for a breakfast with friends, there were some tables available, so the place was not too crowded.
I wait to be attend more than 15 minutes, I asked several times for the menu, then after asking for a coffee, it arrived 15 minutes later.
We ordered to the captain for our meals, but it took so long to take the order.
At the end I canceled my order because after one hour it was not ready and I had to go to the church, so I did not have breakfast that morning thanks to the bad service.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We stayed at this hotel, and had breakfast here. The restaurant has a small space, but the ambiance is luxurious, with live piano music. Many traditional and gourmet mexican dishes are available.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

The Lobby, Bar and Dining area are gorgeous. Above the Lobby is an enormous ceiling of colored cut and leaded glass. The staff were helpful and courteous. There is a sidewalk cafe area which is wonderful for an afternoon drink. Our first room was hot and opening the window made it incredibly noisy. After several hours it was obvious it wasn't going to cool down. A call to reception got us moved to a quiet, air conditioned room. Though small, it was comfortable room. Perfect location right across from the park and a block from the Basilica.