“A great little beach cafe!”

Rosemarkie Beach Cafe and Exhibition
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Scottish, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a social enterprise cafe run by Rosemarkie Amenities Association set in a nice green field right beside a sandy beach. We are a short walk from the nearest on street parking over a wee bridge. Great beach for rock-pooling, paddling and dolphin-spotting. Our young trainee staff learn to make simple food well: home-made soup, cheese toasties, hot drinks, salads. We have very naughty cakes and lovely ice-cream. We are not the Ritz and we can't do much about the weather but we have a nice wee exhibition about the local area which is free, walks leaflets, maps and our staff are all local. This year's profits will contribute to the replacement of our seaside tennis courts. Donations very welcome! We are open until 3.30 daily until early November when we go down to Friday, Saturday and Sunday instead. Come and see us soon!
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I love coming to Rosemarkie beach whether it's raining or sunny. The Beach Cafe updates it's Facebook page regularly so you know if there's an event coming up, for example sandcastle or pumpkin carving competitions or their annual fireworks display. But last week, they wrote a post encouraging us to come on Tuesday as the weather was due to be 24 degrees. Well, I have never seen so many people or cars at the beach! There was plenty ice cream and cold drinks for us at the cafe, and it was going like a fair! And what I love, is that when people are finished with their plates and cups, they bring it back to the cafe instead of leaving it lying. Locals flock to the beach regularly, sometimes you see the dolphins at nearby Chanonry Point, sometimes you don't. But it is a beautiful beach, which the cafe compliments. I would recommend you pop by if you're ever passing.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Great cafe with great ideals profits to the community right on a lovely beach will visit again when we next visit the Black Isle

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Yesterday I visited the Rosemarkie Cafe as my husband and I had walked from Fortrose Bay Campsite. We were planning to have something to eat and drink but on entering the Laidies toilets decided not to. My husband said the Gents toilets were okay but the toilets I went in to were disgusting. There was only one toilet working and there was no toilet paper and no soap to wash your hands.. I would obviously not want to eat there. I bought a soft drink from the cold cabinet and went to pay and complained about the toilets to a very young girl. Behind her there was stalks of dirty dishes pilling up. I did complain to her but felt very sorry for her. Funnily enough there was a message for the staff on the Staff door to make sure they wash their hands! No point in the Staff washing their hands if the clientele can't.

When I came out of the cafe I saw a young woman asking her mum for paper so she could go to the toilet.

Why did they not complain?

Reviewed 1 July 2017

We happened on this delightful community run café by chance after visiting Fortress. Good range of simple food prepared well.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Beautiful place, especially in the sunshine, certainly recommend for a nice view and a table outside on the beach, but the cheeseburger was pretty nasty for over £3!

We will be back - but maybe not for food!