“Coffee time. ”
Review of The Art Cafe

The Art Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Artcafé we make delicious seasonally inspired food. Our breakfast menu from 9am -11am offers a wide range of dishes from a hearty Fry-Up with Crispy Homemade Bubble and Squeak, Drop Scones with Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup to simply Lovely Porridge or Croissants with Tiptree Jam. It’s definately the way to start your day!Lunch at the Artcafé begins at 11am and runs until 3pm and the menu changes seasonally. Whether you’re looking for a three course meal or just a bite, we offer dishes that are simple, homemade and wholesome made with love.Of an afternoon from 3pm you can enjoy our freshly made to order sandwiches, homemade cakes or perhaps an Artcafé Cream Tea {Two plump and delicious Homemade Scones with Clotted Cream and ‘Tiptree Jam served with a pot of Loose Leaf Tea} All of this surrounded by some of the best original art on offer locally.
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Popped in for coffee & cake. This place has gone downhill - the cappuccino was it coffee the quality was so poor I couldn't taste it so left half of it.
The GF cake (courgette & something) was served up & it was raw on the bottom half, - I can't believe they served up such rubbish so swapped for the only other choice chocolate brownie & that wasn't much better.
Suggest you get a better cake maker - certainly won't be back better places on the island.

1  Thank Blackcab3

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Thought I would try this conveniently located cafe for the second time even though the service had been awful on my previous visit.
Today I went up to the counter & watched the staff potter about, but wanting to place an order due to only having an hour. After approx 4 minutes I was told to take a seat, we did outside as sun was shining & no other tables in use today, we waited another 10 minutes & as time was ticking by we left & made our way to Coastal Coffee instead.
Considering this cafe was not busy I considered it appalling service especially as I had already waited at the counter.
The first visit I sat inside & the table wasn’t cleared from previous diners & it was again at least quarter of an hour before WE enquired as to when we could order before they attended to us.
I can’t comment on the food as have never got that far!

1  Thank jordan129
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Lovely staff and a very clean, smart cafe to have a lunch in the sun. Food quality is very good indeed with generously filled sandwiches and nicely presented. They make a good flat white too!
Lovely sitting outside in the sun opposite the picturesque churchyard and museum, although the road can be quite busy. It didn't seem to matter strangely.
Thoroughly recommend this little cafe away from the more popular 'hard' down on the front. Can usually park quite easily just around the corner too!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Really good breakfasts..something to suit everyone..my breakfast looked enormous..sausage was fantastic..bubble and squeak..delicious..great value and service.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed a few days on the island for a girly away time so no cooking was required had brunch and was very good nice and clean friendly staff made you feel very welcome food cooked to order was very fresh and tasty rarabbit and crab mmm mouth watering