“Superb coffee”

Seaview Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A seaside Cafe opposite the beach where you can enjoy the simple delights of Mersea Island. Our menu includes breakfast using locally sourced products and a full lunch menu and cakes and cream teas.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Love this little cafe. They serve great snacks and meals and the best hot chocolate I have ever had in a cafe. Very friendly and great atmosphere.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat wide range of foods to choose from and quality... Open during the winter helps if you want to have a sea view and eat

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped off for hot drinks after a nice walk along the beach. Tables were dirty and not cleared, the food overpriced, and I had the worst hot chocolate, which just tasted of hot watery milk! Will not be returning.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

It's nice to have a good cafe close to were I live so it's a bonus when walking the dog.
Have noticed a previous review about dirty plates they are right it's one of my part hates. So hopefully management will take note.
Mother than that the fish and chip was lovely and very friendly staff which in my mind is very important.
Well done keep up the good work

Date of visit: September 2017
Melanie K, Owner at Seaview Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for your positive review and I am glad that you enjoyed our Fish and Chips and our friendly staff !! I was also disappointed about the situation of the dirty plates on one of the odd occasions that we get caught out on this, it is as you say not ideal and we do strive to ensure that this is not a regular occurence. I hope to welcome you and your doig back to the Cafe again.
Regards
Melanie, Jason and the team.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Only stopped for a cup of tea and we sat outside.Unfortunately it stated to rain so we went inside to find all the vacated tables still had dirty plates on them so we had to sit at one of them.I don't know the reason for this as there was 2 members of staff present and when a lady walked in and said I don't know where to sit one of the staff said just tell us which table and we'll clear it for you! To be honest it made us glad that we didn't choose to eat there,shame.

Date of visit: August 2017

I was vey disappointed to read your review and I am sorry that the tables were taken up with dirty plates. With the best will in the world we do try for this not to happen but I am afraid on occasion we get caught out by having an influx of people all arriving at the same time hence a busy hour and when they all leave together it can result sometimes in this situation. It is not viable to have an extra member of staff for the odd time that this catches us out and I am sorry that your first impression of the Cafe was not good. I would say that the only approach available from the member of staff would have been to have offered to clear a table for you to sit at auntil such time that they could clear all tables. Once again please accept my apologies that on this occasion we fell below our normal high standards.
Melanie