“Pleasant surprise - and gluten free available as well”

The Cottage Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Hope Cove
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Cottage Hotel Restaurant serving breakfast 08.30 - 09.30, Bar Lunches 12.00 - 14.00, Afternoon Teas and Sandwiches 14.00 - 18.00 and 2 to 5-Course Dinners 19.30 - 20.30. A traditional 3-Course Sunday Lunch served 12.30 - 13.30 every Sunday with a limited bar lunch menu available 12.00 - 14.00. Traditional English Cuisine served with a back-drop of stunning views from our Restaurant and Lounges.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We were invited here for Sunday lunch by a relative and it was a very pleasant surprise. I had the seafood platter for starters (it was delicious) and asked for gluten free bread for the toast. No quibble at all, just a question asking if I wanted my bread roll replacing with a gluten free one. My main course was lemon sole and when it arrived the waiter asked who the gluten free one was for. I was really impressed - I didn't know there was a gluten free option to go for and thought this was excellent. The sweet trolley looked great - I assumed the fruit pavlova was gluten free but would expect they would have the details of all the desserts to let me know. Decaff coffee provided without a question.
We stayed chatting for ages with no hassle from the staff and then spent more time on the terrace - the one with the fabulous view over Hope Cove, the beach and the sea.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We only ate here and the food, service and staff were lovely, we haven't eaten in such a traditionally run restaurant for a long time, the dessert trolley and cheese trolley were outstanding, its quite a steep climb to get there but the views are outstanding

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We had walked for miles and were in desperate need for a glass or two of wine.
We sat outside and the view is to die for. Good service and the wine was lovely
I would like to come back for a meal next time as the food looked good

Reviewed 14 July 2017

My husband and I have just spent 5 nights at this family run, traditional British hotel in Devon. We were blessed with glorious weather. The owners and staff of the hotel were friendly, efficient and hard working, nothing being too much trouble. Our room faced the sea and 2 beaches with a lovely balcony. The food in this hotel is exceptional and the co-directors Charles and Sarah are always around to ensure nothing is left to chance. Altogether a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

We dined as non residents. The setting and food was outstanding, a wide choice of courses to chose from. The dessert trolley was to die for, it was so hard not to have some of everything. We had fantastic service by all the staff, nothing was too much trouble. My husband required a gluten free meal, this was readily accommodated. One review said it had an old fashioned feel, I prefer to call classic, quality service. It was so good we are going back for another meal and an afternoon tea.

1  Thank Angela H