2,142 results
All reviews bedroom villa full kitchen javier's restaurant swim up bar flor de noche terry cloth serenity pool time share san jose timeshare presentation ocean view rip tides lounge chairs sales pitch tacos cab ride pool area is
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Let me start off by saying I'm not a Diamond hotel member or a timeshare owner-I love this hotel! I was a little unsure of things once I realized that this was in San Jose del Cabo, not Cabo San Lucas, but we actually thought it was so much of a nicer, cleaner town and closer to the airport. Quick ride in to San Lucas. For those who are a little unsure of traveling to Mexico, the security at the hotel always took our room number and names and where we were going/when we were coming back. Then when the taxis would bring us back, they'd ask again our rooms/names. They are accounting for their guests to make sure they return safe. The rooms were gorgeous, every single food and drink we tried was fantastic, and the service was superb. They paid so much detail to the hotel-everything is perfect. I will 100% be returning to Cabo Azul.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

With only 24 hours, will give impressions having experience with several Los Cabos resorts. Mostly timeshares.

Checkin at 1030am: smooth as any we've had. Jennifer had it done in under two minutes; just a few minutes more for housekeeping to inspect and we had keycards. After several tries we found the room; sizeable master with large jacuzzi tub in bedroom... Called luggage; waited. After an hour decided to retrace our breadcrumbs and personnaly ask bell captain for delivery. He politely explained that normally they accompanied guests to room with luggage to provide hospitality. I explained i prefer to see the room prior to having luggage delivered. Luggage then arrived promptly.

Off to the mini market; again more breadcrumbs. If you know the general location, lack of signage is unimportant.
Guests were helpful and friendly though just as lost as we...finally found a sign wth arrow and...lo the mini market! Actually very well stocked with basic necessities. Prices in line with hotel expected.

Several restaurants across blvd in front so lots to choose from. La Comer US 7 taxi.

Since we were only transfers from two weeks in Cabo San Lucas, no travel weariness so had good sleep though the Serenity Pool at 6pm was lacking in a single attribute:serenity. We decided to do dinner early to avoid the not-so-serene party below. On arrival at about 730 all was serene.

For breakfast we decided to try their signature Javier's. Not busy for Sunday at 9am. Decided to check out the buffet as well as the limited menu. The buffet at US 30 is pricey but good selection as well as mimosas and bloody marys. Food was ok but not likely to do again. Among the usual was a paella with crab and mussels. I gave a try; commendable offering but it is hard to approximate a decent paella in a buffet setting. Oh well...i gave a try!

Our only irritation so far is the complexity of building layout and the lack of signage. The only emplyees who had a grasp were bellmen of course! Yes we had a plot map but of little assist. Take breadcrumbs.

Based on stays at other timeshares in Los Cabos, so far this ranks high (possibly influenced by the notable LACK of sales people!). If things change in any significant way I will submit a follow-up review.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bula2u
Reviewed 21 January 2018

This was my 3rd year in a row in San Jose but first time at the Cabo Azul. Didn't realize it was primarily a time share complex and did not offer an AI option. At the very minimum, complimentary bottled water could have been provided considering the cost per night. The resort itself was very quite and the amenities were very luxurious. With so many resorts to choose from, I doubt I will return to this one.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MNPunkin
Reviewed 21 January 2018

This is the best place to stay in San Jose! The location is ideal - close to many things to see and do. It is extremely clean and well equipped and the staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly.The pools are wonderful anytime of day or evening.The units are very comfortable with luxurious bedding and pillows. Highly recommend this to anyone! And it's worth going to a presentation to find out how you can become an owner here. Many extras as an owner. We are so happy to be here!!

Room Tip: Ground floor gives you access to the pool right from your room. Higher floors get a gorgeous view though. It is beautiful everywhere!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2018

I'm a Diamond member and heard good things about this resort. They are true. Very nice pools. Being it's an upper scale resort, there were not a lot of families with small children. And if there were children, they mostly hang out by the pool closest to the front of the hotel. Staff were extremely nice and all spoke English - anyone who has to interact with guests.. I did come across a few (housekeeping or gardeners) who did not speak fluent English.

We did not eat at Javier's due to the price. We did have lunch at Flor De Noche - total bill of $60 for 3 with 2 alcoholic drinks. Food was good and you must try the freshly made guacamole. There was an amazing number of varieties of hisbiscus in the grounds and I enjoy relaxing in one of the serenity pools. The water was too rough for swimming, although my 20+ year old son did swim. He had to sign a waiver. I would recommend getting your way up to the roof (dance floor?) where they may hold a private party and you can take a nice photo of the pools and beach.

Room: We had a 2 bedrooms for 5. We love the space. The beds were comfy.. I slept well every night. We use the kitchen a lot - on our way in, we stopped and picked up groceries. Bathrooms were awesome. Great showers - on the ground floor so no issue with water pressure.

Even though they tell you not to reserve any pool chairs of cabana before 8 am, if you show up after 7:30, most of them are reserved. Because I love to catch the sunrise (you must try to catch this at least once on your trip), I usually end up with a location for my family. I don't leave my things unattended - even though it's very safe, but if you're gone for more than 30 minutes, they have the right to pick up your stuff (rightly so!) and let other guests use the chairs/cabanas you left unattended for an extended time.

Location: Across the street is a mall with 5 restaurants (2 Mexicans, 1 American, 1 Sushi, 1 Italian). Though not cheap, but reasonable. When you get out of the resort, take a left and walk (about 15-20 min) towards the Mega grocery store. Then, cross the highway to catch a bus to Cabo San Lucas - that's how we spent a day there. when you get out of the resort, take a right and follow the road that will lead you into downtown San Jose del Cabo. Bus rides are $1 or 15 pesos - exact change only, it appears for foreigners. Change seems to be provided for the locals. The walk takes 20-25 min. It took 15 min to walk to a shopping area for souvenirs.

If I can afford it or save enough points (I have min points that I need to save for this trip), I would stay her again, no question. I don't want to forget to mention that there is a gift shop, a mini mart, and a Starbucks onsite. Happy Hour (2 for 1 drinks - certain drinks) run from 4-6 pm each day.

Though I upgraded to a pool view room, I hardly had any view of the pool. We were on the first floor and had to have drapes drawn if you don't want people walking by looking in. For that, I was disappointed.. But later on, it was very convenient to go in and out from the patio door. Just be prepared you may end up with a very small pool view with your upgrade.

There were only 2 negatives I would bring up. We had very poor pool service one day where my daughter waited 40 min for a drink.. In the end, she went up to the bar and got it herself. The pool guy was very apologetic and followed her but she was beyond "forgiving"... LOL.. Thought he should have brought her a free drink! The second is that I stupidly agreed to a member update. Everything went well until we told them we didn't want to buy more points and the last person to cater to us was rude - he made us feel like we were going to lose our membership. As my husband said, "I felt like I just lost in a battle." If you're not intending to buy and have your home resort at Cabo Azul, stay away from the member update.. It was not worth the $100 resort credit they offered. It was our second day there, first time in the area. I could not commit to coming back at that time. Other than that, everything was great. We would return if we can afford...

Room Tip: Pool view could mean you see some pool water and pool chairs. Our pool view is more of a garden view.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family