2,143 results
All reviews bedroom villa full kitchen javier's restaurant flor de noche swim up bar terry cloth serenity pool time share san jose timeshare presentation ocean view rip tides lounge chairs sales pitch tacos cab ride pool area is
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We purchased our room with a priceline bid, so it was a very good deal. The room was comfortable, but no view, which is to be expected with the deal. All the staff was very nice. The food was very good, albeit pricey. Some of the other people there were a little obnoxious, but you can't really do anything about that. If you get a good deal on this place, I would say it's worth it. Regular rates would be too much. The one thing we didn't like was that the room didn't have a book with all of the hotel amenities, map, spa menu, etc.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikaelroth
Sebastien_Arnaud, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your last stay at Cabo Azul Resort. We are thrilled you had a great experience! As you mentioned our villas are spacious and comfortable, I would like to inform you that we have different categories with different views to satisfy the needs of all our valued guest. We have different places onsite to provide you a great variety of dishes, Javier´s with its gourmet Mexican food, Flor de Noche with its international flavors and our sushi and ceviche bar overlooking the gorgeous Sea of Cortez. I would like to inform you that our Front Desk Team, delivers the map and hotel information at the moment of your check in. For your next trip, I would like to kindly suggest you to visit our Azul boutique, where you will be able to find fine art craft and Mexican Souvenirs, you will be amazed! We look forward to welcome you back in the near future at Cabo Azul Resort.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the two bedroom villa right off of one of one of the pools. This is a really really nice place. We are Diamond resorts timeshare owners. We were afraid of the usual constant sales pitch but luckily that did not happen. The place was huge. You had a large two person Jacuzzi in the main bedroom. both bedrooms had a full shower and bathroom.

One of the nice things about this place is they don't de nut the HDMI on the TVs as many places do. We were able to plug-in iPhone or iPad and watch movies and our pictures and videos from them. The maids came by twice a day to clean the rooms. This is nice because lots of Diamond resorts only come a couple of times a week. The kitchen was a full kitchen with a large frig and ice machine was close by.

The only negative I would say is compare to other Mexico resorts the prices of the food around the pool and the alcoholic drinks were higher than most places we have stayed. The VIP check in was a little long. Not very VIP in my opinion. I am never very happy about the resort fee I think it's a rip-off. I don't know if this is a diamond resorts thing or something that all resorts do but I don't think they should do it. The price of the room should be the price of the room. No add ons.

I love the fact that there was no towel card to keep track of your towels that's always a pain. They're constantly cleaning the pool areas in keeping it very very nice. The Wi-Fi was also free.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cmonroe50
Sebastien_Arnaud, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your last visit to Cabo Azul Resort. We are thrilled you had a great experience! As you mentioned Cabo Azul is a beautiful Resort and it has a unique atmosphere, we work very hard to provide you a superb quality of service in every detail. Our villas are very spacious and comfortable with all the amenities you will need in order to have a perfect vacation. I would like to share with you that the resort looks pristine and well maintained due to the passion of every team member, they put all their efforts every day into creating unparalleled experiences, since the moment you arrived until your departure. We have different pools and lounge chairs for your convenience, also we provide you with clean towels anytime you need them. I would like to let you know that all the resorts in this destination charge a resort fee. For your next visit, I would like to suggest you to try our Mexican Fiesta Night, overlooking the gorgeous Sea of Cortez. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future at Cabo Azul Resort.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for a vacation during my spring break from teaching so of course it was a little busy in the area but we both LOVED our stay at Cabo Azul.

Always very clean! We always saw people cleaning the vicinity and the maid service comes at least once day; they came twice a couple days.

Right when we pulled up and hopped out of our shuttle from the airport the resort was breathtaking. Our room was super nice and we did just one of the basic rooms since who needs to go all out on a vacation? You're not in there all that often but even the basic room was very very spacious and beautiful!

The room had a huge bathroom with two sinks. The room also had a lounge area with a TV, fridge, coffeemaker, safe, etc. Then the bedroom part was very pretty. Big closet with hangers, shelves and ironing board & iron. We also had a balcony which was pretty decent size!

The whole resort is just beautiful! When we weren't out exploring we spent our time laying out by the main pool which is actually 3 infinity pools in one. The middle pool has a swim up bar. At your lounge chair there's a table that has a box on it to let the pool side service know what you need. The pool service was amazing!!
The ONLY down side to the pool though is first come, first serve so you have to be up early (before 8am) to get a good spot. Our last day there I went down at 7:45 to get a spot and even though it says you can't reserve before 8 a lot of the chairs and been "saved" with people's stuff when nobody was there.
It's also very pretty to swim at night and the pool is kept warm at night.

The beach is also beautiful even though it's a non-swim beach. Lots of room to play or just lay out if you wanted to. They even have a volleyball net which is awesome!

The restaurants on site are really good to eat at! Their guacamole was AMAZING! You can get it ordered pool side too. If you're not in the mood for any of the restaurants on site then literally right across the street from the resort is a really nice little strip with really good restaurants and a couple of bars.

The spa on site was also very amazing! Very well serviced. The massage was perfect and they had different rooms and little pools you could sit in. Once you made the reservation you had access to the spa all day. I have a condition where I cough a lot sometimes and the ladies there helped calmed it down with getting the steam room set up for me.

The front desk was very helpful with telling us how to and how much the taxi and/or shuttle would be to go into San Lucas and to the main part of San Jose (at the most a 5 minute taxi ride). On Thursday they have a really neat art walk in San Jose that the front desk told us what times were best to go down and check it out.

As to expect bottled water is the way to go so we stalked up on that in our fridge.

Overall loved the view the resort offered, loved the service and the activities to do. Very clean and well ran! Wish our vacation never had ended. If/when we go back I want to stay there again!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ekkaWolf

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your kind comments regarding your last stay at Cabo Azul Resort. We are enchanted you had a unique experience! As you mentioned the resort will always look pristine and clean, this is due to the hard work of our team members, who are constantly taking care of the property. They are our strongest asset, they are very welcoming and genuine , this is part of the Mexican Culture! Our villas are very spacious with all the necessary amenities to have a fantastic vacation. We have a great variety of pools and lounge chairs for your convenience, where you will be able to enjoy the sun with your loved one. Also I would like to inform you that in order to provide you a superb experience, we have the service indicators “the boxes” on all our tables surrounding the pools and the beach area, where you will be able to choose the service you are looking for, or if you don´t want to be disturb at the moment. We have different activities at the Resort, so you will discover something new to do every day. Our Paz Spa has a great variety of massages and treatments with Mexican ingredients, they will truly make you feel pampered, relax and indulge all your senses. Cabo Azul Resort has a privileged location, just 5 minutes in taxi from San Jose Downtown, and just crossing the street you will find different restaurants and stores. For your next trip, I would kindly recommend to visit our Azul Boutique, where you will find fine art crafts and traditional Mexican Souvenirs, you will be amazed! We look forward to welcome you back in the near future at Cabo Azul Resort. Stay Vacationed!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

It has been raining in Seattle since October and I booked this as a part of an Alaska airlines package family escape from the liquid sunshine we've been getting in Washington State. Wow, were we surprised. I was ready for a nice facility, but when my 16 year old daughter pronounced within 5-10 minutes of arrival that she could get married there, I knew I had scored. Facility was blown down in the hurricane in 2014 and Diamond Resorts (a time share company) bought the property and renovated it. It is likely one of the flagship properties in their system.

Three tiered pools are great, with very good wait staff service. I couldn't find the fitness room and asked hotel service person directions, but the staff member dropped what they were doing and escorted me to the location (it was actually relatively tucked away spot). 7 planned events at the hotel per day - ranging from croquet, beach walks, water aerobics, beach volleytball, pizza night camp (for ninos). Octavo led our beach walk and Sound tracks trivia contents, which was hysterical fun. (The winner's recognized the theme song to Schlinder's List for 10 points - are you kidding?)

The beach is gorgeous, however the water is not swim-able, due to strong ocean currents. That didn't stop some people from going in, but I would not take the chance. The locals have a healthy respect for the currents and that is good enough for me.

Our room was on the ground floor and quite nice - polished stone floors, granite counters, full kitchen. Hide-away couch was excellent, not an after thought, with firm mattress that was nearly as good as the beds.

San Jose del Cabo - 25 minute walk, 5-10 minute cab ride) is a nice town with local flair. Not the party scene of Cabo, by any means.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Will H
Sebastien_Arnaud, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Dear Will H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments regarding your last visit to Cabo Azul Resort. We are honored you choose us to enjoy the Sun of Cabo after all the rain you had in Seattle! As you mentioned Cabo Azul Resort is the place to have an unparalleled wedding, at our gorgeous Corazon Chapel and our exquisite Javier´s Deck overlooking the Sea of Cortez. We have a great variety of pools with many longue chairs for your convenience. I would like to inform you that our strongest assets are our team members; we provide them with constant training to be able to offer a superb quality of service to our valued guest. We love to create special memories since the moment you arrive until your departure. We will definitely let Octavio know about your comments; he truly represents the Cabo Azul Resort costumer service spirit. Our Activities Department will always surprise you with something new to do every day! Cabo Azul Resort has a privileged location, just 5 minutes in taxi to San Jose Downtown where you can live a traditional Mexican Experience, and crossing the street you will find stores and restaurants. For your next trip, I would like to suggest you to visit our Azul Boutique where you will find Mexican traditional souvenirs, you will be amazed! We look forward to welcome you back in the near future at Cabo Azul Resort. Stay Vacationed!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Eight days in Los Cabos, first half here in Cabo Azul, second half in Mar Adentro up the road. We fell in love with Cabo Azul as soon as we arrived - It was Amazing !

Book a "Junior Suite Courtyard or Part Pool" via Third Party mainstream Website and ended up with Room 2508. Wow .. beautiful bedroom, lovely seating area, massive bathroom and a balcony to house a 50 person party ! The hotel is beautiful, lush grounds, well maintained and attentive housekeeping along with crystal clear pools, beautifully raked beaches and staff who at every turn not only said "hello" but were exceptional in their service.

We did not eat main meals at the hotel but the on-site Starbucks, Mini-Mart and bar snacks and bars all kept us well oiled ! As for the "timeshare" - upon check-in we said we were not interested and were never bothered again ! The Concierge was exceptional - I did not get his name but having met us only once, greeted us every time afterwards with the English phrase "Awwright mate!!" in his finest London accent !! :-)

We were sad to leave and wished we could easily return - but from the UK it is a bit of a trek ! We recommend this resort to anyone ... .. this hotel was excellent value for money and was substance AND style unlike the Mar Adentro.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding your last visit to Cabo Azul Resort. We are honored that you have an amazing experience! As you mentioned our Villas are very spacious, well maintained and pristine, with all the necessary amenities you will need to have an unparalleled vacation. Our strongest assets are our team members, who work very hard to provide you a superb quality of service, since the moment you enter the property until your departure. Cabo Azul Resort is the place to feel pampered and relax with a luxury atmosphere in San Jose del Cabo. Also we have amazing pools with many lounge chairs for your convenience, so you can enjoy the sun and have a great time! We will definitely let our Concierge Department know your comments; they have great knowledge of the area and can create amazing plans for you and your family. For your next visit I would like to suggest you to try our Mexican Fiesta Nights overlooking the gorgeous Sea of Cortez and see our Azul Boutique where you will be able to find Traditional Mexican Souvenirs. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future at Cabo Azul Resort. Stay Vacationed!