“Amazing Resort - You must experience it!”

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 26 July 2010

The Hilton is an amazing place! The staff, service, food and facility is excellent! We have been there 4 years in a row and I plan to retrun at least once per year until I can't travel anymore (and that is at least 30 more years). This is the place to stay when you want to relax, enjoy the views, and be pampered. I strongly suggest a special evening by having a private dinner on the beach with you and your partner!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2010

Thank you for your review. We definitely agree with you that our property is truly an amazing place. We value our loyal return guests and we are dedicated to impressing you each and every time you stay with us. We look forward to your next visit so we can show you again why we are the top resort in Los Cabos!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Reviewed 26 July 2010

I recently stayed at the Hilton in Cabo with my significant other. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and were even able to bring our chihuahua with us! The hotel staff accommodated our every need, and our dog's needs, bringing her a plush dog bed to snooze in along with some toys. She was the only dog at the resort until the last day, when we saw another one walking around. Dog friendly hotels are difficult to come by, especially when they are high rated hotels. We were all so pleased with our trip that was just a few months ago that we already have plans to return in two weeks! This is now our "go-to" hotel.

Food: Cabo has some of the best food I have eaten. It is a mecca for luxurious, romantic restaurants with top quality seafood. The service all throughout Cabo is beyond what you could expect elsewhere. When seated outdoors, if a chilly night, they bring you hand crafted blankets to keep you warm. What a nice touch! At the hotel: The swim up sushi bar is a huge plus! The sushi is delicious, and I am used to top sushi restaurants in nyc. The restaurants by the pool all serve very tasty food, and the drinks are stellar. No need to leave your chair, they will come to you! Just look up and make eye contact with someone when you need them, and they will attend to your every need. Restaurants at the hotel are convenient and very good. They are not standard hotel restaurants where they jack the prices up and do nothing about the quality. They take care to perfect whatever they can. The breakfast buffet omelets were some of the best I've had. For a really romantic dinner, try to make reservations at Capella Pedregal's restaurant on the side of a cliff: El Farallon. Truly a one-of-a-kind experience.

The hotel: The pools are wonderful. The chairs have very comfortable cushions and they all have spectacular views of the stunning ocean down below. The hotel has many chairs, so you won't need to worry about snagging one, at least that was my experience. If you would like some pillows for your chairs, they have those as well, for your feat or something. They also bring over umbrellas if you decide you would like one. Rooms were great. Did not hear anything in the halls really, and the bed was divine. Great sleeping! We were on the ground floor and had very comfortable lounge chairs on our deck. Everything was great!!

Oh, one testament to the hotel's service: One night I became ill. Not sure what happened, might have been from some weird food I ate in the town by the docks. It was past 2 am and I was in the bathroom curled up by the floor in a serious amount of pain, my significant other sleeping like a rock and not hearing me yell for help. I grabbed the phone in the bathroom and called the front desk. They were there in less than three minutes with medication for me to take and to help in any other way. Thank god... they made all the difference. I was feeling better after 15 minutes. That is stellar service for you! They care for your every need and make sure you are happy and healthy. What more could you ask for? A beautiful location and 5-star amenities? You've got that too! I can't rave enough. Oh, and make sure you stop and shop at the hotel's gift shop. They have very unusual beautiful home accessories and artwork. I HIGHLY recommend stopping there. Reasonably priced, and real one-of-a-kind pieces.

The beach: The will bring you chairs if you'd like to go on the beach, and I went a few times to let me dog run around. The sand is a bit on the rough side, so bring some flip flops to walk on the sand until you get closer to the water. The water is stunning. The hotel sectioned off a small area to swim in that is shielded by some rocks. I've heard swimming in Cabo is dangerous, but by the hotel I felt safe to even let my dog swimming (with a life preserver on, yes, seriously) for a few minutes.

Fabulous all around. You will not regret one minute or one penny spent there. This is the first time I have returned to a hotel within six months, ever. That says it all!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review. We are so pleased you were able to experience all our resort has to offer and we certainly appreciate all the accolades! Whether you just need an umbrella by the pool or require first aid assistance in the middle of the night, we are completely committed to giving our guests the best vacation possible. Thanks again for all of your positive comments and we are excited to have you back in a few weeks! See you soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2010

We chose the Hilton despite some mixed reviews on Tripadvisor about whether this is a good hotel for young kids. We have two boys- 2 and 10 years old- and overall this was a good choice. There is a kid's club that seemed well run but we never used it. We did use the babysitting service twice and were very happy with it (Myrna was great!). Most of our time was spent at the infinity pool and the beach. We were not impressed with the kid's pool and there were not many kids using it. The nice thing about this Hilton is that it was a good mix of guests and not overrun by kids. I think that's the way the management wants to keep it. Our kids were treated very well by the great staff and other guests. As other reviews have stated, the service is terrific at the Hilton, the rooms are very nice and the food is good but pricey. I don't see how you can read these reviews and still complain about the prices- every review warns you about the prices. We were able to find a good promotional room rate, which helped to offset the price of meals. We stocked up on snacks and milk at the Mega store 10 minutes away. We were glad we rented a car because we were able to easily hit the store, go into town, take the kids for happy meals once in a while rather than $15.00 entrees that they barely eat. My wife was happy with her beach side massage and we loved the hot tub at night. There were not very many evening activities and It would have been nice to have movies on the beach or other entertainment. You'll want to bring surf shoes. The ocean is beautiful but the sand is coarse, especially if you have sensitive feet. There were days when the surf was relatively calm and adults and older kids were able to go into the ocean but it was scary for our kids and they only hung out by the water's edge. We've been to many parts of Mexico and this hotel was definitely one of our favorites.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience and tips with the community. We are glad you decided to come and see for yourself that we are a great option for family vacations. We are honored to be among your list of favorite hotels! We hope you will consider us again for your next family beach getaway.

Reviewed 23 July 2010

We sent long weekend at the resort and can honestly say this was the best hotel experience we have ever had. From the friendly welcome on arrival it set our vacation off perfectly. The staff were fantastic (thanks Pedro) and the pools and facilities top class. It also has a beach you can swim at which is only one of a few hotels in the Corridor. The kids loved the ability to swim with the fish and the pelicans.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for submitting a review. When you say that it was “the best hotel experience we have ever had”, we know that our goal has been achieved. Our staff is always focused on you, our guest, and we’re happy to see you received the type of service that stands out in your memory. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2010

We stayed here for our honeymoon! We were treated like royalty. There was a convention going on for some jewelers at the same time, so we were shuffled around to different restaurants, and there were probably 4 weddings there during our stay, so the locations for the weddings were off limits to us, but the hotel did a wonderful job of putting us in other areas so we could still enjoy meals. We especially loved the breakfast buffet. The events went until usually around 10 or 11 pm Cabo time but there was never any noise disrupting our sleep which was nice.
The proximity to the Mega (grocery store in a fun little mall - Starbucks and DQ are there!) was great - don't buy sunblock at the deli in the Hilton - it was $20 US. Almost threw up when the cashier told me that. We took the bus a few times up to the Mega and had a great time riding along the beautiful coast. I think the bus was about $2 per person.
We took a day trip into Cabo San Lucas and saw the Arch, went to the glass blowing studio, and then into San Jose del Cabo. I preferred San Jose del Cabo over Cabo San Lucas - arty and historic is more my thing.
The time of year we were there was the very dry season (I guess a desert has a dry season and a VERY dry season!) where all the vegetation lies dormant, so I was a little put off by the deadness of everything - didn't realize how used to lush greenery I was, but from what I hear during rainy season Cabo is beautiful. I would like to come back and see the plants alive.
Our room was nicely sized - my in-laws have a timeshare so we had the condo-type room with a kitchenette. We stocked the minifridge with sodas, water, apples, etc. from the Mega. I am not kidding - that place has refrigerators, wine, clothes. The only complaint with the room was not being able to get the fan to work in the shower/toilet area. The whole room steamed up 2+ times a day when we showered, and the clothes we hung across the shower cord never dried enough. Also we prefer the stacked washer/dryer combo so it was a little annoying to have to do laundry in the big jacuzzi tub after our other tour - an ATV desert tour trip to Candelaria which left dirt packed into the fibers of our clothes. I do not like to pay for hotel laundry service. Plus after having paid for a wedding, we were a little broke. I preferred our money went to the meals instead of laundry. Meal prices were a little high but we had a discount card for the restaurants, spa and bar because we were timeshare guests. That discount card helped tremendously.
We ordered room service a few times and had Hector bring our order and pick up our room service cart. He was so friendly. He told us he was from I believe Acapulco but came to live and work in Cabo because he loved it so much - you could really tell he does love his job. All the servers and waiters and poolside service we had were top notch! Everyone seemed happy to help.
Especially when I lost my wedding band in the sand at the beach one day. Alex (the wonderful beach waiter we had a few times) called up to the front desk who sent down a security guard with a hand-held metal detector to help us look. We eventually found the ring and appreciate all the help. Never have I had that kind of help. It was amazing. We did find the ring eventually!
We were not thrilled with the treatments at the spa - both of our ladies grunted or sighed heavily through our treatments. But the spa facillity was amazing. I want to decorate our house based on the colors at the spa and pool bars and restaurants!
We had been to Cancun a few years ago and I fell in love with Mexico and its people. Cabo has just helped Mexico fill a special place in my heart. It was our first trip to the Pacific Ocean, Sea of Cortez and Baja Peninsula but hopefully it won't be our last. Thank you for making our honeymoon so special and memorable!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2010

Congratulations and thank you for submitting a review. We know the travel community will appreciate all your tips. We are honored to have been part of your honeymoon vacation. So glad to see you were able to enjoy all the property and Los Cabos has to offer during your trip. We apologize for any inconveniences and we will address your concerns with the appropriate departments. We hope the rest of your experiences here made up for these issues. Thank you for the compliments to our staff – we will be sure to let Alex and Hector know! Again, congratulations and we hope you will choose Hilton Los Cabos again for your next beach vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
17.6 km away
ME Cabo by Melia
ME Cabo by Melia
#13 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
14.6 km away
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
1.4 km away
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
14.3 km away
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & ...
#12 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!