We just returned from this resort the day before Thanksgiving. I don't know where to begin! From the moment we arrived till the moment we left, we had not one complaint about this resort. Welcoming margaritas greeted us as well as a more than friendly front desk staff. We asked for an upgrade (my husband is a Diamond member) and were told none were available, but they were sure we should check out our room and we'd be more than happy with the ocean view it had. We were a bit disappointed as this was a celebration of his 55th birthday (I had told them in advance). We reluctantly went to our room - upon opening the door we were greeted with balloons, party hats, blowers, champagne, chocolates, desserts, and a fruit and cheese tray for our enjoyment! It was amazing!! No wonder they didn't want to change our room. We had the most gorgeous view of the ocean - we were able to lay in bed and watch the sun rise at 6:35 am every morning! The turn-down service every night was nice too - a great way to end the day!
The lobby serves coffee from 5-7am, so you have to be an early bird there, but we have found that tropical vacations lend themselves well to early rising/early to bed anyway. The breakfast buffet in El Meson was amazing - we upgraded our free coupons a couple of times ($8 US) - you could eat breakfast and not eat till dinner if you choose to. The waitstaff could not be more helpful or friendly.
The pool area is beautiful and the waiters could not be more fun and accomodating. We particularly enjoyed Mauricio, Diego and especially Joel. They are there for you enjoyment and the whole staff takes pride in a job well done - which means fun for you. There is a happy hour from 11am - 12 noon to get you started. The pool food is excellent - great sushi, tacos (try the fish tacos) and for the most part, reasonably priced, as much as any other resort. We also at two meals at the lounge which has a similar menu, and one dinner at El Meson - excellent.
The beach here is beautiful - warm, blue water - with the normal amount of beach vendors as you'd see anywhere else in Mexico. If you don't want to deal with them, you stay at the pool, but the beach had many cute little palapas with chaise lounges and full bar/restaurant service should you get thirsty or hungry.
There were two weddings, one was a bit loud, but the sliding doors are completely sound-proof, so the minute we shut them, the music was gone. The rooms are lovely - decorated in mexican style with a typical Hilton bed - extremely comfy!! The bath soaps are L'Occitane - we tipped the housekeeper $5/day and got all the water and extra soaps/shampoos/lotions/conditioners I could want, and I brought them all home! Plus, our room was done immediately - never later than 10am!
My only word of advice is this - the pool chaise lounge situation is quite aggressive with the guests! Our first morning there, we watched someone come out at 6:30am and towel up 6 lounges in the primo spot. We thought this was disgusting, but nothing could be done about it. Well, by the end of the trip, we were down there by 7am, or else you couldn't get a spot! We at least had consideration enough to bring our coffee, paper and books down with us and we stayed. But some people claimed their spot and never showed up till 10 or 11 am. Tacky, really tacky. But unavoidable, I suppose.
As far as Cabo itself goes, we went into town twice. Had a nice meal at Mi Casa. A little touristy, but good food and great margaritas. We went on a sunset/fajita cruise which was incredibly disappointing. The only good thing were the whales we happened upon! The food was terrible - not to mention cold. It was a booze cruise, totally. We've been on plenty of those - we are not prudes - but this one was not very good. Plenty of folks seemed to have fun, but we would never do it again. We also had dinner in San Jose del Cabo at a place called the Tropicana (not part of the chain). It was Saturday night and they had live mariachis and a flamenco quartet who were amazing! We bought one of their CD's! Great food and wonderful wait staff! We will probably never go into Cabo again, but might give San Jose del Cabo another shot in the daytime.
All in all, I can't possibly say enough about this resort. It is really 5-star! We are going back in February!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico