All reviews rent boards new wing lawn games boutique hotel restaurant food is garden room san jose rooms are lovely flora farms i highly recommend this hotel ocean view king room hot tub hotel is beautiful ping pong third floor family vacation
Reviewed 11 February 2016

I really liked Cabo Surf Hotel. I didn't love it. But I liked it a lot. It's a bit above average, but below very good, I wish there was a half rating. I'd give it 3.5 points. For its beautiful splendor, I'll offer 4 points.

It's a beautiful facility with good amenities and a relaxing atmosphere. My husband and I were on our anniversary trip; we take 2 - 3 international surf trips a year. We'd traveled to Cabo Surf from San Ignacio Lagoon for Whale Watching, and stopped into the quaint town of Loreto before heading to Los Cabos. I picked Cabo Surf because we wanted to surf at a less crowded break. San Jose, seemed like a good place.

I found Cabo Surf to be a very nice and above average quality hotel and resort experience. Our room was a cheaper garden view with partial ocean view. I found the ocean view to be understated. It was a great lookout for the breaks, surfing condition, and roar of the ocean every night. I guess all that to say, the cheap rooms are awesome. We were in room #3 and loved the hammock, outdoor furniture, veranda, and view!

My biggest critique(s) is that we've travelled through several places in Latin America--Panama, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua for surfing. We've stayed at better breaks, cheaper facilities with similar accommodations, and a warmer feeling from the staff. Overall, my husband and I couldn't put our finger on it, but we didn't feel overly welcome at Cabo Surf. The surf school staff (for board rentals) were not that friendly. We showed up for dinner on a Saturday night with over a dozen and a half empty tables, and were told, "Next time you should book a reservation for dinner." Really? It was 8:30 p.m. and the number of empty tables outnumbered my fingers. The front desk wasn't overly friendly or helpful. The concierge was on her phone every time I walked by the desk. The waiters rarely came to the hot tub to take orders--even with the signs on the rim "Ask our waiters about specials." I like to travel to places where people know my name, and I know their name--this was not the case at Cabo Surf--we felt like just another visitor, another tourist. No more special than the next person. That was a different feeling for us. I like to practice my Spanish and connect on another level, here I found staff that just wanted to communicate in English, which I guess is the crowd they cater to.

We found the restaurant to be slow in service and not incredibly knowledgeable about the menu. We asked what kind of oysters, a bit about the taste of the wine, and other particulars about the food, but were met with some confused looks. It's like the restaurant wants to cater to the high end food class, but the staff isn't up to the task of answering more complicated food-related questions.

On the actual night of our anniversary, instead of enjoying the nice ambience and ocean view of 7 Seas, we opted to take a $3 bus ride into Cabo San Lucas and eat at another beach front restaurant (highly rated on Trip Advisor)--followed by delicious fish and shrimp tacos at a local stand. It was a better deal and feeling than what we could get at our hotel. Worth the bus ride. On another night we went into town and had tequila tasting at Ponchos in Cabo San Lucas. Overall, we found it more enjoyable to take the bus into Cabo for 25-minutes then to hang around our hotel. We're so used to just hanging out at our resorts and getting to know the staff, bartenders, and servers. Didn't feel the vibe here.

As for the surf. It was good...a little flat, but 1- 2 ft rolling waves in February. The beach break outside of the hotel is very nice and unspoiled and not crowded. Rocky beach bottom--with sea urchins, and tons of rocks to avoid. Surf board rentals are a little high $30 for a few hours. This is Cabo. It is not Central America...I had to keep reminding myself where you can rent for $10. We met some great people in the water. No more than 5 - 7 people in the water at a time. No localism. No snaking of waves (for the most part). Loved the ease of surfing. Especially loved getting in that hot tub after our surf sessions.

Again, this is a very lovely hotel. It's beautiful. It's impressive. I would probably never stay here again just because of how I felt, like I was spending a little too much money, and not really appreciated or valued as a customer. Can't beat the aesthetics and the view. If you don't mind doling out money, you'll enjoy the resort type feel. If you're a homegrown/down-to-earth surfer, you're better going somewhere more low key or just to another city/country. Lots of people here to lay by the pool and beach, kids/families, older crowd. This is really a "typical" surf hotel, but it has the name and all of the trappings of a surf establishment at a more high class level.

Room Tip: Room #3 Garden View is cheaper and has delightful views of the ocean. Don't spend more for this quality view.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank keishiag
cabosurfhot, Manager at Cabo Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2016

We are terribly sorry you got a poor impression from your stay. It is certainly a good wake up call for us to go back to basics and remember that friendly, attentive and efficient manners have kept us standing. The Cabo Surf Hotel was your home for a few days and it should be remembered with feelings of warmth attention and of being welcomed. Rest assure we will get back on it. We are paying good attention to the information you shared, thank you!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

The Cabo Surf Hotel is a marvelous hotel; access is easy, hospitality is top-notch. The restaurant associated (Seven Seas) is terrific with very reasonable prices.

Each time we have stayed we were impressed with the service, facilities (hot tubs, pools, spa) and the private beach is great.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
CaboSurfHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Cabo Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Thank you for your review, were delighted you had a good stay with us, we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2016

This hotel has become my husband's and my favorite place to stay! We had previously visited the restaurant there, 7 Seas, and decided to try out the hotel. I doubt we will stay any other place when visiting Los Cabos.

We stayed in a King bed, Junior Suite our 1st stay, then we went back at the end of our week after staying on the Pacific side of the Baja for a few days, and then we stayed in a bigger room. Both were fantastic. The Junior Suite was a great size, plenty big! The bedding is so comfy! We had a terrific balcony with an incredible view in both rooms. Even just laying in our bed we had an amazing view of the ocean. The larger room had a slightly bigger bathroom, but both were very nice. The furnishings are nice and clean and very up to date.

The pools here are awesome! Both pools and both hot tubs overlook the ocean. Both areas have service from the bar by pushing a button on a little remote. The restaurant is great. The food is really really good! We never had anything we didn't like. The view from the restaurant is also the best! We ate most of our meals here at the hotel just because it's so good and we didn't want to leave this view, and we thought their prices were reasonable. Their service here is also really good. All of the waitstaff is very friendly. The only thing we thought they could improve on were the drinks from the bar - although they were ok, we've had better - they tasted a little weak and not as flavorful as we've had other places.

The hotel is right on the beach, right in front of a great surf spot for beginners and mid-level surfers (when the season is right and the surf is up). We were not there during the high surf season, but there were still a few people out there catching a few small waves here and there.

We will definitely go back to this hotel. Very nice, very clean, very relaxing... we were spoiled by this place!

Room Tip: The best views are the "suites" (and junior suites) in the newest part of the hotel which is the building facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RJF73

We appreciate choosing us on your recent trip to Cabo. We love to hear that you had a good time with us. We will take care on your suggestions and share your comments with our staff, please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2016

My daughter's wedding dinner was at the hotel and it was wonderful. In fact, the entire wedding ceremony was on the hotel's front lawn, facing the ocean, at 4:45PM. I did not stay at the hotel but it's small, quaint and homey. Most of her and husband's friends stayed and loved it. I ate both dinner and brunch and the food was top notch in freshness, quality, preparation and presentation. Service was outstanding as well.

Room Tip: Small hotel, so ask to be away from noisy partiers if you want more privacy and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your notes and congratulations on your daughter´s wedding! We love to hear you enjoyed the service and good food from our 7seas seafood & grille restaurant, we hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2016

Great hotel for destination wedding! Accommodations, cleanliness, venue, service ... all were amazing. Our room opened out and faced the water - we were greeted each morning with gorgeous, breathtaking sunrises. The hotel on site was wonderful, each item cooked to order. We have no complaints.

Room Tip: Shore Double was great - two queen beds facing the water. We slept to the rush of the waves.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ledette

We appreciate your feedback, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful sunrises of Cabo Surf! Please visit again soon!