All reviews main building pool suite san jose art galleries second building la paz nice pool we loved our stay town square ceiling fan pool side junior suite tacos annex wedding mexico poolside
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I stumbled across this hotel in 2016 and immediately said 'this is where I want to do my 50th birthday'--and two years later (May 2018) I did! I brought 41 friends to Cabo to celebrate and we used almost all of the rooms in both buildings.

Javier took care of everything for my group--even through the challenge of a hurricane that damaged the hotel.

The hotel is a super charming hidden gem. Both buildings are beautiful and it's as if you have arrived in paradise...which you have. The staff is incredible, the property is immaculate and the pool is fantastic. My party was better than I could have ever imagined and we will ALL be back. El Encanto Inn is our new San Jose 'home away from home'.

Room Tip: spend the extra few dollars for a Pool Suite.....it's worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Blanca P, Propietario at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Chris,

I can’t even begin to thank you for your comments and overall nice experience that was hosting your Group, from the tricky beginning on the communication caused for the storm last year which we manage to recover very soon at the hotel, to the arrival of the group it was truly special, we are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel and everything it was to offer, it is a wonderful place.

We are looking forward to your next visit and hopefully hosting your 51th Birthday!

Saludos!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This a special little gem of a hotel right in the artsy cobblestone town of San Jose. We went to celebrate a friends birthday and this place was magic from the grounds which were like being in a park, to the perfect pool to lounge at, to the staff -- Javier was so helpful!! Our room was poolside and spacious. They arranged in room massages for us. And the restaurant next to the property was delicious. We were there for Art Walk night on Thursday where the streets come alive with music and art. And we were steps from all the festivities. Great restaurants walking distance and we walked to the beach too. Can't recommend enough if you like Spanish charm.

Room Tip: we stayed pool side and loved it.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stefanie B

Dear Stefanie,

It was a pleasure for all out team to host you on your visit to Cabo, we prepared as best as we could for the groups arrival and manage to make a good Job on meeting of your expectations, of course working with your Group made it a lot easier for us with amazing people and guests like yourself. We really hope that you visit us again very soon to offer you the same service you experienced on your visit.

Hope you have an excellent day.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely visit in a pool side room
Be sure to request a room in the main area and enjoy a relaxing time by the pool and fun times talking to the friendly staff
Our room was spacious and they even now have Nespresso machines
I'll be back!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank scarletdancer
Blanca P, Owner at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear scarletdancer,

We are very happy that you had a lovely time at our hotel. Yes, well be having upgrades to all our rooms lately and one of those are expresso machines in the room. We’ll be sure to mention our staff the good work that they are doing.

We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

I would suggest paying little extra and stay in one of the rooms that open up to the pool area.You will feel like you are in paradise. We are return guests and plan on returning on our next visit to Cabo.

Room Tip: Book room in main building.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Blanca P, Owner at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear Travelgamma6,

We really value your comments towards out hotel, please let us know when you decide to come back so we can acomodate in the room that you like the most.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

This is my first time staying at this place, and and it left a very bitter taste. When I checked in, the front desk never advised how to check out. In my mind, the front desk would be staffed. No instruction or anything whatsoever. In the morning at 7a, I tried to check out, the gate was locked, the entrance to the lobby was locked, I wasn’t able to get in since I stayed at the other hotel building across the street. That being said as a foreigner, I didn’t have a cellphone coverage, I didn’t speak any Spanish, I panicked because my flight departs at 8:50a. Finally I ran into another guest in the hotel, he said maybe to just leave the key in the room. That’s what I decided to do. Not knowing how to call a cab, I walked to the square hoping there is a taxi - There was none on Sunday morning. The clock was ticking, and finally saw another hotel called Tropical Inn. They were willing to help to call a taxi. They did and I got a taxi. Unfortunately it was too late by the time I got to the airport. I missed my flight, it costs me hundreds of dollars to buy a walk in ticket that day since I had to get back home the same day.

By the way, when I called them to ask about it, it says the hotel policy that it’s not staffed until 7:30a. I’m a guest, I totally understand that there will be no staff, but they can’t expect me to read every single line of their hotel policy to know if I’m supposed to self check out. And how about calling a taxi? I don’t have any cellphone here. I would expect this is the very basic thing a hotel would do - to help calling a taxi. They had zero courtesy even when talking on the phone.

Also, one thing to note, when I checked in, I asked how much the taxi cost to the airport. They said $35 fixed. Tropical Inn (the hotel around the square that was willing to help me) called a taxi and it only costs $25 for a suburban type vehicle. That alone it shows that the El Encanto tried to rip you off.

We’ll see if they cancel my CC deposit or not. Since they charge for everything provided in the room. Since I left the key inside the room and leave it unlocked, who knows what would happen.

It’s totally not worth staying here. The building is beautiful, but their operation is a deal breaker. Lesson learned, next time I would rather pay at a chain hotel than risking my trip staying at this “so called boutique” inn.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Blanca P, Propietario at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for your comments, however, I totally understand your frustration about losing your flight, it’s totally understandable an experience like that can ruin any good memories of your vacation.

Let me start, your reservation was made by you with Expedia, company whom has all the hotel policies including our itinerary and schedules.

It’s very well informed the hotel front desk is open from 7: 30 am to 11:00 pm, it is also our policy to inform our guest upon arrival, and the same information is in our website and in our hotel rooms.

Early check outs when a taxi is required, all arraignments are made the night before for our clients, we have a taxi service whom provide the services 24 hours if required.
In regards to the cost, we do not control the taxi fees, we do not have our own transportation, on the contrary we always look for the best interest of our clients, and the cost varies depending on the size of the car, the company, and the time due to rush hours.

A minibar is provided to better serve you, free coffee and water are included, any other items are charge to your account.
We are very sorry you lost your flight, the opportunity to serve you, was taken away from us from the moment we were not aware of your needs.

Sincerely