“A nice place off the beaten path”
Review of Barrio del Tango

Barrio del Tango
Ranked #188 of 602 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Since we visit Cabo every year, and we walk a lot, we notice as old places close and new businesses start up. We walked by here several times and my husband checked out the place on line before we decided to try it. We went on a week night and the place was not busy. Since the food was mostly steaks and I am not a big meat eater, I decided to go with an appetizer and a salad. My husband ordered the flank steak.

We moved from our initial table which was in a draft (the seating is all outside) and explained to our server that I was cold. The cook came out with a fleece wrap for me which solved the problem.

I had ordered two empanadas since the server told me they were small. I should have only ordered one. I got the Neapolitan style which was stuffed with cheese served in a neapolitan style sauce. It was very tasty. My salad, also was huge and I had to take most of it home with me. My husband got a good size flank steak which came with a small salad. He had no problem finishing his plate. He found the steak a little bit tough but good. My only complaint is with all the fresh produce available, the tomatoes in my salad were the same cardboard ones that are available at home this time of year. Otherwise everything was good. We had wine which was nicely served, the staff was super friendly and we spoke to one of the proprietors who came to our table.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

This open air restaurant is a gem. Simple, yet elegant. Not located in the overpriced and overrated harbor area.
We had a lovely dinner for 2 with wine, empanadas, excellent steak and dessert for less than $50 US.
The service was excellent, and we enjoyed eating at a restaurant that is a local, neighborhood establishment. Hope you can find it because it will be worth it!

Reviewed 26 January 2017

This is a Argentinian restaurant not to be missed. All meals were exceptional! The meat was tender, such flavor. Excellent service. Opened evenings only. Open air, but they will bring the heater closer if you are chilled. I will return time and time again.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

As a Cabo local we hold our favorite restaurants dear, barely wanting to share them with the world. However, Barrio is a favorite we must share. You MUST start with one of their delicious empanadas (with chimichurri) and be sure to order claricot, their signature sangria-like alcoholic drink with fruit and nuts (yes) in it. (It's strange at first, but trust me - you'll crave it after you're gone.) In addition, you simply cannot go wrong with the vacio or the flank steak -- it's huge. Share with a friend and enjoy the simple salad they serve up on a wooden board. They don't have a full-bar, so keep that in mind and bring a bottle of wine, if you'd like.

Yum! You won't regret it.

(It's located on the road parallel to the main drag in San Jose. Turn at the roundabout near Telmex and go up a street.)

Amadeo S, Propietario at Barrio del Tango, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

We really appreciate you coment and We glad to see you again.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

It is a local option, service is OK, food is good. They have the best Clericot and the best empanadas!

1  Thank Libia R