I was a solo traveler to Riu Santa Fe for a friend's wedding. I'd never stayed at a Riu resort or in Cabo before despite being a frequent traveler down to Mexico. I was excited to see how Riu compared to other places I have stayed.
First, check-in went OK. There was no line so I was able to check in immediately, but rather than letting me go straight to my room I was brought to a table where there tried to sell me on some excursions. I was only there a few days and my agenda was pretty full with wedding things so I told them I wasn't interested. I was told that I would have to wait there until someone could help me with my bags and the lady kept trying to sell me on places to go. I figured it was a ploy to sell you on excursions so I decided to just walk to my room with my luggage rather than listen to the sales pitch.
My biggest complaint about the resort is the long walk from the lobby and restaurant area to the room. It was a bigger trek than I thought it would be, especially since I was carrying all my luggage and there was no covering from the sun. Luckily it wasn't too hot and I'm pretty young and capable. But if you have mobility issues that walk can get quite annoying after a while.
However, those two things are my only complaint about Riu Santa Fe. Everything else was amazing! The food was great, the service (besides the original check-in process) was great, the pools are fabulous! The bartenders don't skimp on the drinks and I had the most amazing mojito.
They also did a fabulous job with the wedding ceremony and we had a great reception in the nightclub area. My friend got bit by a spider and had an allergic reaction and the resort doctor took really good care of her. All in all it was a great trip and I would definitely go back to Riu Santa Fe and Cabo in a heartbeat.
If they wanted to make it perfect, add more food options for after-hours. I did find myself getting hungry late at night, especially after drinking with everyone for so long, and the hot dogs weren't my thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24h All Inclusive Hotel Riu Santa Fe opens all year round and is situated in the south of the Baja California Peninsula and borders the lovely, sandy El Médano beach. The RIU Classic Hotels offer comfortable rooms and excellent facilities with great leisure and relaxation facilities, as well as international gastronomy. Enjoy a relaxing holiday - whether alone, with family, partner or friends! The location is ideal due to its proximity to Los Cabos Airport SJD (40 km) and Cabo San Lucas (4.5 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 902 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax in the spa area or get in shape in the gym. 4 outdoor pools, 1 children's pool. RiuLand Kids Club (ages 4-7 & 8-12 years) and for adults, day and evening entertainment, as well as our Pacha Discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant, Italian, Mexican, Asian specialty restaurants, Steakhouse, and 7 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos/Cabo San Lucas, Mexico