All reviews rooftop pool fitness club yogurt comfortable beds hotel is located boiled eggs the holiday inn two bottles of water front desk short drive mexican breakfast nice breakfast refried beans ocean side the hotel is clean room key taxi ride
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I was back to cabo for spring break with my two son the hotel is nice for what you pay is nice location the rooms are clean the only problem that I have is you not allowed have guests on your room I’m explain to security guy I have friends on cabo I bring some present that I have on my room and the guy said you not allowed have guests so I ask in the front desk and the said is a internal rules and I said so can you show me we’re is this rules but over all have nice place I was for 10 days the have nice BBQ rest on the little shopping center it’s good the have nice parking for your car we rent one over all we love cabo

Stayed: April 2018
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience, this speaks good about our security!!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I really did not know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. A convenient location away from the bar scene and perfect for a single lady traveler. Next door to the hotel is a Sushi restaurant, a BBQ restaurant and the Infusion Bistro. There is also a bank and book store. The hotel is clean, the bedding and linens are comfortable, the breakfast selection yummy and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. Located just 2-3 miles from the downtown area, taxi and local bus service gets you to the marina area quickly. This hotel is a real bargain in a seaside paradise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with odd numbers to get a view of the ocean and the city marina.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank JuJuB45
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for your great recommendation!!!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We had three rooms for 6 adults and two young children. We stayed eight nights; so I think we got a good feel for the place! The staff were courteous and helpful (despite our sometimes noisy children). They spoke conversational English well and were able to answer all our questions.

Food; there was a buffet breakfast included with your stay. Every morning you had scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, refried beans, tortilla chips, ham, bacon, toast, pastries, cold cereal, juices, a variety of four fruit, and at least one Mexican breakfast item each day. The eight days we were there, they had a different Mexican breakfast dish each morning. I was impressed! Great breakfast... and they use REAL plates (not paper) and real cutlery (not plastic). Very nice breakfast - and very spacious eating area too. 10 out of 10!

Rooms: I had hoped we could get two rooms that connected on the inside but those were available only for ocean-side rooms (at a higher cost, of course). Adjoining rooms would have been helpful for us (and made things more comfortable for the other guests in the area). Nevertheless, the rooms themselves were exceptionally clean. Seriously. They did a great job with that. Our rooms did not have a bathtub, but had very large walk-in showers. Some rooms do have tubs (apparently) - but our "low-end" rooms had showers. But the showers were awesome. They also provided good quality soaps. Nice. Rooms came with either two Queen beds or one King bed. A television was in the room. Rooms had a rather large safe (big enough to put a small laptop in if you want, along with documents, etc). No mini-fridge. Coffee maker (with daily supplies) and two bottles of water each day. I would say that the sound-proofing between rooms was quite good. I had no complaints.

Location; The hotel is about 4 KM from "downtown" or the marina or the beach. The ocean is directly behind the hotel, but there is no beach access right there. You have to go towards town to get to the beach (about a 3 km walk). Of course, there is the bus. The buses go by very often and cost 12.5 peso (about 75 cents USD). You can take the bus directly in front of the hotel. The bus is easy to take. On the way back to the Hotel you get on the "Costco / Riu" bus. It will take you directly in front of the Holiday Inn Express. If you take the "Walmart" bus, you end up at Walmart and need to walk about 2 KM back to the hotel.

Other Notes: There is a little pool on the roof. It's nice. You wouldn't swim laps in it, but to cool off and soak, it works great. There is also a workout center on the property. I think it is a separate business, but guests at the hotel can apparently use it free with a coupon from the front desk. There is a little "OXO" at the end of the hotel where you can get drinks, snacks, hot-dogs etc (think "7-Eleven"). The hotel also has a public laundry area that uses a token you buy from the front desk. The price includes laundry detergent.

Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel and would stay there again. One thing that would have made our stay absolutely perfect is if they had even a small play room for the kids.

Stayed: January 2018
5  Thank Norman_H_YT
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Nice location in between Cabo and San Jose but most importantly close to the Santa Maria beach. I would recommend the facilities in the main hotel building like the restaurant Hilly Billy's (best burger in town) and the hair dresser (LILY is fantastic)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thank you for your great recommendation, we really appreciated.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Our room was clean and comfortable. The staffs were friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was also a plus. This hotel is about 8 minutes from el medona beach. If you do not want to stay at an all-inclusive and want to live somewhere close to the beach, then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank cindyjan14
Holiday Inn Exp... C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

It is a great pleasure to know that your experience was good!!!