1,897 results
All reviewstomatoes restauranthacienda del marcortez restaurantocean fronttime sharebeautiful resorttequila barjacuzzi tubinfinity poolvacation clubrental cargarden viewmain buildingsan joseswim up barper daypartial ocean view
Reviewed 11 January 2016

We recently were privileged to be part of a large international group of golfers and their significant others for a 6 day stay at the end of November, first week in December.
The hotel had spacious rooms. The staff was wonderful, attentive and the food excellent. Pool areas were gorgeous with plenty of chairs, towels, and great views. Beverage and food service was excellent. I highly recommend this resort. As part of our group, we were able to golf at the Ocean Course and the course and clubhouse was fantastic

Room Tip: not the best for wheelchair accessibility, it's there but you will have to look for it! Ask for floor on first level
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to spend time on the Ocean Course at Cabo del Sol. We are also pleased that our staff members were able to provide you with the high level of service and hospitality that we strive to offer all our guests, and that you could spend some time relaxing at our pools. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2016

We had a great stay here in late December. The property is well kept, there was plenty of space and open chairs by the pools (even right after Christmas) and there is a nice variety of pools and spaces. The food was not great, but it was ok and in line with what we expected for a resort like this (it would be good though if they had an option for breakfast other than the buffet). I have nothing but good things to say about the people. It really made a difference in our stay. Everyone was helpful and pleasant to deal with, from the concierge (who was very helpful) to the front desk, housekeepers, wait staff, bell staff, groundskeepers, etc. I don't usually put much emphasis on the staff, but in this case it was enough of a difference that it made this property stand out. Someone is training these folks in proactive customer service (a lost art).

The only issue with this place is if you want to be able to swim/play in the ocean. There is a major drop off in depth just a few feet off the beach and the water is rough with a significant undertoe, which makes swimming in the ocean for kids and adults difficult and dangerous. I don't know how this compares to other Cabo locations.

I would also suggest to management that they offer some sort of organized evening activities for teens.

It's about a 15 minute cab ride to town at a cost of $25 for 4 and $5 a person above that. Cabs were easy to get at the hotel and in town.

We would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff members were able to provide you with the exceptional service and hospitality that we strive to offer all our guests. We are also pleased you were able to spend some time relaxing at our pools! We apologize for any confusion or disappointment you may have experienced regarding swimming in the ocean: the safety of you and our other guests is of the utmost importance to us, and we must respect the conditions of the surf. Thank you for your feedback regarding evening activities for teens: we have passed your suggestion along to the appropriate team for consideration. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar.

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

My husband and I chose to get married and have our honeymoon here, and we are so glad we did! Every inch of this place is immaculately landscaped and the service we experienced was phenomenal! We had an ocean front room on the ground level of one of the villas, and could see the humpback whales from our porch every morning! The beaches are beautiful and the food is delicious (dinner at De Cortez steakhouse and the breakfast buffet at Tomatoes were out favorites). We loved being a short shuttle ride (10 mins) from the downtown/marina area - the resort shuttle only costs $12/person round trip, which ends up being cheaper than the $20 one-way taxi ride. Our beach wedding was everything we hoped it would be - Maricela was our wedding coordinator at the resort, and she had everything planned and ready to go for us once we arrived (minister, beach reserved and decorated, and she and her assistant even helped me get my dress on before we took pictures!). Staying here was a wonderful experience and we will definitely be back!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlin H

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are delighted you and your husband enjoyed your wedding and honeymoon, and that Maricela and our weddings team were able to help make your day special. We are also happy to learn you were able to dine at De Cortez and Tomatoes: we are very proud of our restaurants, and we are pleased you enjoyed your meals. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Just stayed last week and we left very satisfied. The whole staff was incredibly friendly and always ready to help if needed. I have to point out one employee, Mr Emmanuel Vega. He was so patient with an issue we had with SPG on another room we added with points. He took care of everything with total professionalism and class. Employees like this make hotel stays quite a bit better.
Our initial room with 4 people was very tight so we added another room. The rooms need a bit of sprucing up and updated. The shower fantastic but the head in our room was someone 5'2 or sorter. Pressure amazing. Towels were also a bit hard to come by as well. The bed was comfortable but the sheet and blanket situation needs to be upgraded too. Plenty of pillows and comfortable.
The beach was beautiful and the staff there was also very attentive. Swimming depended on the day but was also great. We only went to a couple of pools but they too were very nice. The buffet breakfast at tomatoes was great and plentiful. The service was good and very friendly staff as well.
The bell service outstanding!! Anytime we needed a cab to go out, they called immediately and couldn't have been nicer. Cabs were easy to get and very fast. Not much of a wait at all. The grounds of the hotel were nicely manicured and were constantly being worked on.
The location of the hotel to the main city of Cabo was an easy 10 minute cab ride too.
The concierge staff although crazy busy, always had a smile and was very helpful with every reservation or activity.
I also have to commend the hotel for the really amazing Mexican buffet that we had on Saturday night. The food was awesome with a huge variety to choose from. All in all a great hotel. The Starwood deal also makes it that much more attractive as well.
T

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan L
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and that Emmanuel and the other members of our staff were able to provide you with the exceptional level of service and hospitality that we strive to offer all our guests. We are also pleased to learn you were able to spend time relaxing at our pools, and that you enjoyed our Viva Mexico celebration on Saturday! Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2016

I'm a traveller who doesn't usually return to the same place twice due to my desire to see the world and visit as many different places as possible. However, the Sheraton Hacienda Resort & Spa is the exception to this rule for me.

Over the past 6 or 7 years, I've stayed here almost twice a year. I've travelled here alone, with friends, with my boyfriend and now with my husband (we decided to get married on the beach at the resort in May 2014!). Each visit was always fantastic and I can't wait until my husband and I can return again!

I love the location of this property since it's almost half way between the old town of San Jose del Cabo and the newer/busier city of Los Cabos. Situated on a wonderful stretch of beach in the "corridor" region, this property is perfect for those wanting to get away from it all, yet still be within a short drive from the two nearby towns.

I stayed here many times before the big hurricane which hit this region in Sept. 2014, and I also visited again after (in May 2015). If you are worried about hurricane damage to this property, don't! Although parts of the property were badly damaged at that time, everything has been repaired to an even better standard than before and it's all in perfect working order, with improvements to many common areas as well.

The rooms are all tastefully decorated and clean, many with beautiful ocean views. We prefer the oceanfront rooms when we visit, but for those of you who are light sleepers and want more silence when you sleep, you may prefer the garden view rooms. Although they may not have full ocean views, the views of the surrounding gardens/golf courses are also lovely, and those rooms are actually quite quiet since there are no ocean waves crashing directly in front.

Depending on the time of year you visit, the ocean may be too rough for swimming, especially for small children. However, the lovely beach is still wonderful to walk along, and since the property has 5 pools (many which are also beachfront) you can enjoy swimming in the pools while you look out to the ocean and watch the passing dolphins and migrating whales! Absolutely beautiful!

As the property is also a time share, there are a number of restaurants to choose from on site. I do believe the resort also now offers an all-inclusive option for those looking for that, however, as my husband and I have never booked an AI option, I don't have details on that. We prefer the flexibility of eating where we want (i.e.., on/off property) and drinking premium spirits, etc.

We enjoyed the food at most of the restaurants on site, however, on our most recent trip (May 2015) we were a little disappointed with the food quality at Tomatoes cafe. My husband had a pizza and it was extremely salty, and I had a more traditional Mexican dish which was overloaded with cheese and I found to be far too greasy. That was the only "bad" meal we had at the resort. Perhaps it was just the dishes we chose that day? We didn't have a chance to return to eat there again so I can't comment on how the rest of the food was on the menu. But the staff at Tomatoes cafe were excellent, fun and friendly and when they found out it was the 1st wedding anniversary for my husband and I, they brought us a couple of complimentary glasses of Proseco to help us celebrate. A very lovely and personal touch! We've eaten at all the restaurants on site, and enjoyed the sushi, grilled items, fine dining menus, traditional Mexican fare and poolside snacks. That one dinner at Tomatoes was our only disappointment but the cocktails and ceviche appetizer we had prior to our mains, were very good, as were the staff and service.

We ate our last dinner at the casual restaurant located near the main pool. We were craving simple grilled burgers for our last night and we were NOT disappointed! The burgers were cooked to perfection and we both agreed that they were the best burgers we'd ever eaten! Our only regret was we didn't eat there sooner so we could enjoy burgers there more than once during our stay!

My only other minor disappointment with our latest stay, was the fact that the complimentary coffee service which used to be available for hotel guests from 6am, is no longer offered. I am an early morning riser and I used to thoroughly enjoy a complimentary coffee that was put out by the pool so I could sit on a lounger and watch the sunrise in the peace of the early morning. I wish that service was still offered as it was a very nice touch for hotel guests.

What I'd like to emphasize further about this property, and why I've chosen to come back time and again, is mainly due to the staff! I cannot praise the staff enough for their dedication, hard work, friendly disposition and attention to detail! The front desk staff are courteous and make me feel at home immediately. The concierge staff are incredible and are most helpful with any plans or questions you may have. The cleaning staff are efficient and always replenishing the required bathroom amenities. Finally, the staff poolside and at the restaurants are all worth mentioning, as they work hard and still smile!

I've always felt most welcome at this resort and the staff have treated me over the years like I was almost part of their family! That's the difference between staff meeting service standards and staff EXCEEDING service expectations!

We had our wedding on Tortugas Beach with 24 of our friends/family in attendance in May 2014 and the staff at the Sheraton made it the best day of our lives! Everything was perfect! For most of our guests, it was their first time to the Sheraton Resort in Cabo, and they too were all impressed by the property, level of service and incredible management.

My husband and I returned to the Sheraton to celebrate our first year wedding anniversary in May 2015 and once again, we were welcomed like family by the staff. Many of the staff there have been working at the resort for many years and I think that is a true testament for their own enjoyment and love of what they do!

I'd highly recommend this resort for singles, families, friends and weddings!

(I apologize for the delay in writing this review!)

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori W
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are delighted to continue to welcome you and your husband back to our resort, and we are pleased to learn that we were able to make your first wedding anniversary special during your most recent visit. We are also glad that we could make your wedding a memorable event! Our staff members strive to provide all our guests with an exceptional level of service and hospitality, and we are happy that we have succeeded for you during each visit. We are happy you enjoyed your meals at our restaurants, and we apologize if your dinner at Tomatoes was not up to our usual standards of excellence. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, and we hope to see you again soon!