Review Highlights

Reviewed 20 July 2020
Helicopterbob
Palos Verdes Estates, California
via mobile
Amazing day fishing in Cabo!

Reviewed 1 January 2020
carolpZ818RD
via mobile

All reviews pescado striped marlin a lot of fun roosters cabo
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2021

We reserved the La Leona I and La Leona III for back to back days of fishing in San Jose Del Cabo. Both boats are old and pretty worn out, but olds boats can still work well if maintained, these were NOT. The La Leona III, which is advertised as a top notch boat is really poorly maintained, and only one of two engine worked. We were not advised of this until we were out of the marina, making it impossible to go out for the better fish. The captain clearly knew the boat was broken when we got on, but lied to us that we could do get tuna and marlin. This is unethical and unsafe. I have been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for 30 years, and have been on lots of boats, but I have never been lied to in this manner. I would avoid any of the La Leona boats in San Jose Del Cabo, there are many other options for fishing in Cabo without supporting unsafe comnpanies like this group.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 20 July 2020 via mobile

I’ve fished with Jaime for 25 years this year post COVID 19 was the best with a 200# Sailfish, 160# marlin 60# Rooster
And going again tomorrow. Everyone respected the sanitation requirements and due to the lack of fishing pressure we landed and froze 200# sailfish once in a lifetime event having fished these waters for 40 years with 1000’s of Marlin and Sailfish and now my first Swordfish.
Jaime is your team leader +52 624 117 7992.

Date of experience: July 2020
2  Thank Helicopterbob
Reviewed 1 January 2020 via mobile

We booked a charter with Jerry at jcsportfishing in Cabo! The fishing was impressive! We caught two delicious tuna, a 96 inch striped marlin!!!!!, an elusive spearfish and a lot of fun! I would highly recommend this fishing charter for anyone who visits here! They did not disappoint !

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 16 March 2019 via mobile

4 of us hired a boat from the La Leona fleet out of San Jose del Cabo. A total disaster. The first indication were the meager 5 fish for bait and some chum fish (never used). These guys had no intention of catching fish. The seals ate the first 2 live fish. They trolled dead fish for a couple of hours! We passed a group of boats catching fish but we just circled around them and headed out again. Crew was unfriendly wouldn’t even talk to us. Our dead bait just bounced along on the top of the water. One of our group asked if he could hold a pole and try to go deeper as what they were doing the past couple of hours wasn’t working. They gave him a pole then intentionally sped the boat up to where we were flying and no way he could fish. I could go on but just suffice to say it was a terrible trip. Julio the owner apologized and told us he would give us a free fishing trip to make up for the awful day but unlikely he will remember us by the time we return. Nothing in writing we could use for a free trip. No offer of any money back. Sad day for our group. Would NOT recommend.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 27 February 2019 via mobile

Excellent day of fishing... multiple species, and multiple methods. Rooster, bonita, grouper, and had a marlin hooked for a bit! Highly recommend the marea for no frills fishing, but I'd fish out of a rowboat w. Capt.kola any day

Date of experience: February 2019