“A Great Dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I do not like to give out an “Excellent” review unless a spot is truly deserving. In this case, I was left with no choice. This restaurant was recommended to us by a local taxi driver, and we are grateful to him for recommending this to us.
The food here is terrific, as is the service. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and attentive. We had a great evening and plan to be back very soon.
Note that payment is by cash or debit only.

1  Thank GPaCalgary

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Wonderful food and great desserts. The margaritas were quite good, too. Servers were good—although we were the last to leave they were still smiling at us!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We have been dining at Maria Jiminez for the past 4 years and it still continues to amaze us with it's charm, hospitality, service and above all excellent food! The chile relleno stuffed with shrimp is the best there is. Fresh, hot and stuffed to the brim, you cannot beat it. The tortillas are all fresh and served by Gabby who presides over her tortilla station with love. No need to order an appetizer when you are served a delicious sopa with black beans and cheese - YUM! Another favorite here are the shrimp fajitas - the plate is beautifully presented. Also, another recommendation is the tortilla soup...don't miss it! We spend a month here in Cabo and dine out at Maria Jiminez most often - they have won our hearts!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I have been to Cabo many times but never heard of this place until this trip. It was highly recommended by our host at our hotel it did not disappoint. Very casual and small place in downtown, be sure to get a reservation as the place is not very big and all the table were sat. The staff is great, very friendly, the food and drinks come out very quickly. The food was very delicious and fresh. My girlfriend and I each had two drinks each, one appetizer, two entrees and some big, rich chocolate cake for dessert for only $58!! FYI they dont take credit card. Great casual mexican food dining experience. Will definitely go back

Reviewed 20 February 2018

From the other reviews, I expected to have my socks blown off by this authentic Mexican cuisine. It was definitely good all around, but I wouldn't say it was anything special. The marinated chicken was tasty, but it was basically a boneless, skinless (tasteless) chicken breast smothered in a slightly spicy, slightly sweet salsa. My boyfriend's fajitas were basically the same. Very simple, not a lot of flavor or seasoning. Nothing we had was remotely "hot," not even the hot salsas they served. The beans were entirely unseasoned black beans (they didn't even taste salted). None of it was bad - it was well prepared and good for what it was. I think we've gotten spoiled at home with the number of very good, authentic Mexican restaurants.