6,162 results
All reviewspeninsula restaurantla bodegabikini barisrael castillosushi sky barfire pitlos cabosvacation clubbeautiful resortfish tacosour waiterall inclusive resorttime sharekids clubtop shelffood and drinksthe mexican restaurant
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I stayed here July 8-July 11 as part of a group of incentive earners for my company. I can't speak to the costs, as my company footed the bill. What I CAN speak to is the resort itself and the INCREDIBLE staff. Really, they MADE our stay. David and Emilio at the Bikini Pool swim up bar were outstanding! Abraham, our server at Blu was fantastic. Elizabeth at the breakfast buffet makes the best omelets I've ever had. I wish I got everyone's names. They were all so sweet and accommodating - every single staff member I encountered during my stay greeted me with a smile and friendly conversation. Most went above and beyond anything I could have expected from them. The rooms were clean and the views spectacular. I can't say enough about the food and cocktails. Everything I tried was divine. We had the all inclusive package, and we tried EVERYTHING!. The beach was rocky and not what I'm used to as an Atlantic Ocean dweller, definitely needed shoes to walk, and the water was too rough to do more than wade - but that's hardly the resorts doing! Our room was on the first floor near the pool, but we couldn't hear anything outside when we were actually in the room (which was basically only to sleep and change). This was my first resort trip, and my first trip to Mexico. Now I'm planning on it being the first of many! And trust that I'll be staying here again. Thank you to everyone for making our stay so amazing!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brandy O
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed from July 3,2018-July 10,2018, we had an awesome time here at this resort and decided to write this review to recognize and thank the staff members which were super helpful and made our stay even better, the staff is extremely helpful and attentive , including Tony Montana and Saul at the lobby bar, they were super awesome including the girl by the name of Guadalupe , they were a joy and I will def come back to this place, they made our stay even better and will come back just because of them. The food was great and the rooms were super clean and stocked with fresh water, soft drinks, snacks and beer daily. I especially enjoyed the pool side service and pool side restaurants such as the burger bar and the peninsula restaurant, there are plenty of bars on site and plenty of dining options throughout, everything from sushi to Mexican to Italian food. I’d like to also point out the server at the pool area Jesus Millan, he was one of the best servers at poolside I’ve ever had! I highly recommend this place, very safe, very clean and good times all over, very family oriented. We loved the Fourth of July fireworks and the fiesta Mexicana on Friday night, the pool side activities kids were also very good, we played numerous water polo games with them and they were a blast, the Cuban band they had one night was also great and last but not least thanks to the housekeeper Imelda who did a fabulous job of cleaning our room and keeping it clean on a daily basis. We got to meet her on our way out and she was super awesome, very helpful. I will definitely recommend this place as our family members who stayed here last year and stayed here again this year , recommended it to us, we stayed based on their recommendation. Gracias!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

location is little far away from downtown and taxi is expensive, but there are cheaper shuttles... overall experience is very good, there is although some evening entertainment... so one week goes fast with nice memories...

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Roland T
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We recently had our wedding at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabo in May. It was a wonderful event. We were fortunate enough to have been able to travel down there prior to taste the food and tour the area. It would not have been needed. Gabby Silva was right there with us every step of the way. She guided us with all the decisions that we needed. I am so glad I trusted her and that she worked with us. The hotel staff made all our guests feel special as well. We did splurge and rented the Imperial Suite. It turned out beautiful. I would not have changed a thing for this special time. We had such great memories of our time there. Thank you Gabby, Ambar, Cynthia and the rest of the hotel staff.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Fiesta Americana- A memorable 40th Fiesta!

This was my 9th visit to Cabo, 8th RCI vacation, and 3rd all inclusive vacation experience. I did a TON of research before I decided to book this trip. I enjoyed reading the awesome reviews on how good the food was and how nice the staff workers were, totally opposite of what we experienced on our last trip to Cabo. (Club Solaris is no bueno) I got lucky as 3 units became available for a party of 3 couples on 4th of July weekend. We stayed in room 1912 and we had a beautiful view of the ocean and resort. I ended up having to switch rooms as our fridge wasn’t working and I am glad we did cause the view was much better and we were closer to our friend’s rooms. The golf shuttle service is pretty fast in getting you around and if you are out of shape. I do not recommend you walking up the hill in the heat as your legs will stL'OccitaneLo’occitainert to burn. I am in pretty good shape and I was huffing and puffing cause I had to carry pool stuff. The hotel offers toiletry products from L’Occitane, which is awesome. I love that brand and it’s not quite cheap if you know what I mean. The Verbana will always remind me of Fiesta, it has a unique outdoor scent and you will either love it or hate it. First off, I am glad I decided to bring our own pool floats as it was very convenient as they will fill them up with air. If you ever see a big blue couple’s float or american flag with “ocstacy" written on, I left them behind for the resort to keep and share. It’s funny cause everyday someone new was using it and we had to get it back from them, it was quite popular. We also brought drink floats which was a huge hit. We rented the cabana on the beach for my birthday and it was very relaxing as you can order from the many restaurants and have it delivered all day long with drinks and desserts. I felt like a celebrity. The resort doesn’t play music during pool side the whole time so it’ since to bring a speaker box to enjoy your own tunes. The beaches are nice and not filled with solicitors trying to sell you goods like most resorts. I think it’s because it’s in a gated community next to the Jack Nicholas golf course. You can see fish at ankle deep and you can go snorkeling but you have to be very careful as there is a lot of reef and you can cut yourself. I got some great shots of tang and puffer fish with my under water camera. As for the food, every single restaurant and room service was very tasty! My favorite restaurants at the resort are as follows, as the first being my most fav to so on. La Cevicheria was my favorite day place to eat. I think I turned into a fish eating 5 plates a day of the tuna tostadas and shrimp pineapple tacos. The rosarito fish tacos were so amazing along with the hot sauces and guacamole, yum! It was honestly the best Tuna tostada I have ever had in my life! I nibbled on my cousin’s ceviche and it was tasty. Next, I really loved the Italian restaurant Rosato. It was very fancy and I had the most amazing classic lasagna. We probably had to wait 45 minutes to be seated cause it was very popular and crowded. Again, the best lasagna I have have ever had. Everyone in my group enjoyed their dishes and wish we would have gone one more time. Blu was very elegant. I enjoyed everything that I ordered and had the best shrimp mac and cheese dish with a beef short rib. I also ordered the salmon dish and it was pretty good. At the Peninsula, we enjoyed amazing breakfasts daily. The omelette lady named “Bethzabel” was a champ and managed the omelette bar. She has worked there for 5 years and is very kind. I enjoyed getting the pollo and chorizo from the quesadilla bar and bringing it to her to make me my own personalized omelette with veggies. I also loved the sopes, quesadillas and mini soft tacos, they were so yummy! We enjoyed mimosas every single morning and my favorite pan dolce’s (mexican sweet bread like doughnuts) Their fruits were sweet and tasteful. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings that were delivered to me in my rented cabana on my birthday from the Grill and it was excellent! My cousin had their steak jalapeño quesadilla and it was mouth watering. We got to to experience El Mexicano on our last night and the Guacamole was amazing. The make it right in front of you. I enjoyed my steak but not so much my black bean soup. I had the chocolate tamale and it was heavenly and similar to chocolate volcano with vanilla ice cream. I would order two of those as they are tiny. I went to Vina del Mar when I was hungover and I didn’t get to enjoy my breakfast as I came right when they were about to close, but heard from the our guests that it’s better than Peninsula as they offer more food. I personally liked Peninsula due to the awesome ocean view and customer service. We skipped Bodega as we went into town to Edith’s which I recommend for a nice steak/seafood special occasion dinner. You need to make reservations two weeks in advanced and have to take a taxi/shuttle into town. Lastly, we didn’t get to experience the Coffee corner or Starbucks or Sky sushi. The Starbucks is not included with the all inclusive but anything in the coffee shop that is not related to Starbucks is included with all inclusive. Since we only stayed for 5 days, we didn’t get to use the spa or gym by choice. We also didn’t get to experience any of the activities like wine tasting or cooking classes. I was very pleased and appreciative of the nice lady who wanted us to come to her timeshare presentation. I think she kind of got the hint that we were there to relax and she backed off very nicely and didn’t bother us again like most of those timeshare people. I am so glad that we didn’t do it cause I heard it was 3 hours and we already own a timeshare and are happy with it. Another added bonus is that F.A. is located in a gated community golf course area and is about 13 minutes from down town. If it is your first time visiting Cabo, this is the perfect place to be cause it is nice to visit down town for a day and experience the night if you want. We really enjoyed shopping by the marina and finding very affordable souvenirs while our husbands went fishing. I wanted to thank a very special person who really stood out to us at the F.A. and his name is Suar Jimenez. He has a nice smile with two gold outlined teeth in the front and can be found at the Peninsula. He was always so helpful and friendly to us and even made us fresh squeezed pineapple juice and kept the mimosa’s coming. Fernando was our Cabana boy at the la playa. He worked so hard into making my birthday so spectacular and even had little mini cakes made for my s.i.l. and I and got the staff to sing us happy birthday. They got the names wrong but it was the thought that counts :-) Fernando was such a hard worker it was very amazing to see. Some other peeps that stood out were Edwardo, Jesus, Miriam, Manuel, and Jonathon and Daniel from the front desk. Some minor cons: our significant other’s asked the concierge desk if they could arrange to decorate our beds for our birthdays with a cute design and that never happened. They even asked us three times what our room # was and it never happened which was fine, but wondering why our beds never had the cute designs that you see on the website. I am wondering if it’s an owner’s thing only and not timeshare. On our last day, the housekeepers didn’t fill up our fridges with booze at all, we had to call room service for more booze. We have kids so this didn’t bother us, but it may bother some people if kids are jumping in the pool and playing games. If you want an all adults all inclusive you may want to book elsewhere and expect to pay more. The kids didn't bother us at all, we actually hung out with some. And my last con, we felt as thought we didn’t achieve a good buzz from the alcoholic drinks. I am a light drinker but having a buzz on vacation is fun. I felt like I had to drink a lot to achieve a buzz and usually I get buzzed off of one drink at home. I ordered a double shot of vodka 7-up and that seem to have help. Do you think they water down their alcohol? Some drinks tasted like water to me. I didn't like sweet foo food drinks as I usually get headaches from those drinks. The beers at the resort are lower alcohol % and I didn't know that until my BIL showed me the can. I just thought I would point that out and that my BIL couldn't get a buzz at all. Still, we had a great time! I can’t wait to bring my kiddo here. Not sure what type of food selection they have for kids? F.A. was by far the best all inclusive vacation that my husband and I have ever experienced. We have traveled far and wide and F.A. beat our honeymoon in St. Lucia and another expensive all inclusive adult’s only resort that was much more expensive at the Riviera Maya. It’s the people who work at F.A. that make it the best and the food is just sensational. My 40th birthday will truly be unforgettable thanks to F.A. and the friends and family who got to attend. I got to bring home amazing memories of a lifetime and we will definitely come back very soon! I see F.A. being our yearly family vacation spot from here on out. Thank you F.A. from the bottom of my heart for your amazing hospitality. I wish more resorts can show kindness like them. I miss the resort already. Salud!

Room Tip: 1912 corner wing was a good location
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple