See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night for a little getaway from my resort and what a steal for only $40. I booked on Expedia and spent a day at the nice pool which we had to ourself! They sell beers at it for about $2.50 or so and the hotels much nicer then you’d think for the price. Room was basic but big enough and all we needed and quiet. Staff I met was all friendly and easy going. Plenty of free parking and WiFi. Places to walk nearby so another plus. Good option to save money and have a clean safe place in cabo. Need a cab if you want to go downtown but it’s only 5-10 minutes away and $14

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Banny9949
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I had a terrific stay at Ameyal - clean, very comfortable, service was wonderful. I tis very close to the city and has big rooms with kitchens and living area. They provide massage and temescal services. All services were well done.

Room Tip: best room top floor
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I usually stay "all inclusive" but this time my group (6 of us) stayed at El Ameyal and we really enjoyed it. The staff is very accommodating (there was more people than they were expecting in our group) so they brought us more towels and blankets. We tipped the housekeeping staff quite well, and they even did our dishes for us. I see that someone else mentioned that the WIFI sucks, and it does, but that is all of Mexico. That's just the way it is. My friends that live in Cabo 6months on/6 months back in Canada have exactly the same issue.

Room Tip: keep in mind that you are staying beside the freeway, so if you can get a room that overlooks the pool it is somewhat quiet
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

The menu is no longer only vegetarian & it has been reduced to very basic items. There is nothing really outstanding in the menu. I ordered a Caprese salad & it came with cheese & cucumbers! I sent it back & saw the wait staff looking at the menu to see what ingredients are listed. My husband's tuna sashimi was fresh but a tad too tart with vinegar & it had raw onions. The guacamole was very good but a little heavy on the onions.
The service was good & the wait staff were very polite, friendly & respectful & not familiar.
I will probably not return because it is too limited in the menu for a vegetarian .

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JYPA
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I truly enjoyed an 11 day stay at this lovely establishment..... From moment one to the last second of my stay, everything went so well. The grounds are immaculate, the housekeeping staff excellant, exceptional lady named Arecelli ( sorry if I misspelled her name) She truly became my friend and family.... everyone at this hotel is a family to me.. I heard the margerritas are great.... Walmart is walkable, and good food is available nearby. Walmart even has food venders, which make fresh food for you... the bussess are readily available out the lobby doors... I truly loved our apartment.... Has a very nice kitchen, seperate bedroom, balcony off the bedroom and living room, and as a bonus has a view of the sea of cortez... This is the only hotel I will ever book if fortunate to visit Cabo again... Everyone at this hotel is very loving ........ A million star rating is ywhat I say.....

Room Tip: Go to a higher level.... There is no shuttle service, but plenty of bus service.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends